Not open for further replies.

Hana

wandering thoughts
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
hs8j5w.png

disturbo.regular.png
A thousand years has passed since the events of Vampire Knight. For the past millenia, the Pureblood Princess Yuuki Kuran has instated a new reign and new laws for the world of the vampires. Through the agreement of the other Pureblood clans, a new system was born.

Every century, a new Pureblood ruler is voted in from the different Pureblood clans. The votes come from the entirety of the vampire world, from the highest to the lowest of the low.

... But, is this a fair system?

Now, after the end of the reign of a questionable leader, tensions are running high. The Purebloods are in a race and in a competition as to who will rule in the next century and become the next royal family.

The legends of Kaname Kuran and Zero Kiryu have long passed. Their children with Yuuki Kuran are now long grown, and have chosen not to partake in it at all. Still, the blood of the Kuran remains the highest prized... If one could even find them.

Cross Academy, now rebuilt as the Cross Institute, is the new playground of young vampires. From the rare and mysterious Purebloods, the aspiring and scheming Aristocrats, to the common and mostly unremarkable vampire, everyone has come to play. And the most interesting thing about such a school? The newly reformed Night Class and Day Class are now aware of each other, as the secrecy of long ago was long lifted.

And on the beginning of the election for a new ruler... One of the candidates is murdered, just as the school year starts... Bringing forth a new tempestuous period for every one in this time.

Who will succeed to become the next Vampire King or Queen? What will happen to the students of Cross Institute?

This is the premise of The Blood That Binds Us, a post-canon Vampire Knight roleplay. Conceptualized and developed by Hana, the roleplay will feature the supernatural world of Vampire Knight - and go beyond what is seen in the manga. Suspense will be rife in the glamorous and mystical world of the vampires, the gritty yet relatable lives of the hunters, and the sometimes insignificant, sometimes changing parts that even the normal humans play. Romance is also encouraged and accepted, but not the primary focus of the roleplay. It aims for the darkly romantic, the atmospheric suspense, at times both touching and saddening. Follow the lives of the people left, so long after the aftermath of Vampire Knight.

This is a GROUP Roleplay based around the Vampire Knight series. OOC and Plot Discussion will take place inside 'The Blood that Binds Us' group while the IC will be on a public thread. The Gamemaster Hana will add anyone who is interested in the roleplay, and we will give players plenty of time to submit their Character Sheets to Hana to be evaluated and confirmed. OC Clans will also be available to roleplay.

PLEASE READ OVER THE RULES SECTION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CS.

Note:
It is not necessary to have extensive knowledge of Vampire Knight to join. The roleplay and the plot is set far post-canon, and will be mainly OC-centric. The canon characters that may appear will most likely be NPCs to be used by the game masters as needed. We will try our best to make it friendly to people who are new or unfamiliar to the series.

The roleplay has already started but there are three slots open for players to join. For more information, check the in-character thread.

disturbo.regular.png

10/10

• Click on the tabs to see more information!

• Vampires: Information, History, and Classes​

Definition

-Night-Class-vampire-knight-night-class-32834261-640-485.jpg

The former Night Class.

Vampires are the supernatural creatures of the Vampire Knight universe. As in traditional folklore, they are sensitive to the sun and exist during the night, however sunlight will only hurts there eyes and does not actually harm them dangerously. When vampires are killed, they turn into dust (however, Purebloods are special in the way that when they die, instead of dust, they shatter into shards of glass).

The most effective way to kill a vampire is through the head or the heart using anti vampire weapons. Vampires have developed blood tablets that take the place of needing to feed on real blood, however it does not taste very good. They also have a bloodlust that can only be quenched by the blood of the one they love.

All vampires can gain the power of another by drinking, or devouring their blood, usually resulting in the death of the victim.

• Purebloods
        (also known as the 'Trueblood' and Level A)

-A-Pureblood-s-Morning-vampire-knight-3849131-500-313.jpg

Kaname Kuran, a Pureblood vampire. One of the ancestors of modern-day vampires.

History
        Also translated as trueblood vampire, Purebloods are of the highest rank amongst vampires. Their blood remains pure without any human contamination: they can trace their blood back to an original Pureblood ancestor. Purebloods all possess a series of unique powers, often exclusive only to the certain Pureblood or Pureblood family.

There are currently only 7 Pureblood families: Kuran, Hiou, Hanadagi, Touma, Shirabuki, Ouri, and Shouto.

• A very long time ago, when the human race was on the verge of extinction the first vampires emerged. These first vampires, known as Purebloods, appeared. Purebloods are those who have not bred with humans, thus keeping their vampire blood pure. Some Purebloods breed with Humans producing weaker vampires which have came to be known as the Noble vampires.

Most vampires have some human blood in them, but a Pureblood vampire does not. There are no human blood within the Pureblood blood line. War broke out between the Purebloods and the Humans at some point along time ago. In order to defend themselves against vampires, some humans ate an ancestor's flesh, creating the vampire hunters which granted them the power and strength to kill vampires.

This includes anti-vampire magic and weapons. Therefore all vampire hunters have vampire blood in them but not to the extent that they are classified as vampires, thus they do not benefit from a vampires' longevity and thirst for blood. The vampire hunters protect the Human race from the vampires. During the war, the Pureblood population greatly diminished. Many Purebloods sucked the blood of humanscduring this time thus, creating Level E vampires 'beasts in human form' to increase the vampire population. Consequently, there are few Purebloods today.
        • The full extent of their powers are only known amongst their Pureblood companions, their true powers remain a mystery. They have timeless beauty, they stop aging around their early 20s and maintain their youthful appearance regardless of time. They are immortal, meaning they live forever unless an anti-vampire weapon is used to cut off their heads or pierce their hearts. Any other injury is healable, including having one's head cut off, if a Pureblood uses the blood of another Pureblood to heal them.

It is heavily implied that each vampire has a unique power such as Rido Kuran's ability to manipulate his blood or Shizuka's control over plants. Their blood is highly prized and many have attempted to drink their blood, this includes both humans and Noble vampires. Aside from the standard powers shown by other vampires, Purebloods have also demonstrated the following:

They can form shadow puppets/spies using parts of their flesh which are capable of shape shifting.

Powers to perform spells to seal off the vampire side of vampires, thus making them a normal human. The spell also erases all of his/her memories of being a vampire. However this spell comes at the price of their life. (The vampire converted to human,eventually must return to his/her true nature, if not , he/she descends into madness.)

Ability to control lower vampires physically

Ability to turn humans into vampires and retain complete control over them by becoming their master, rendering the vampire unable to kill them. The blood of their master, will also prevent an ex-human from becoming a Level E vampire.

The Kurans are unique among Purebloods, as some members of the family possess and display the ability to handle anti-vampire weapons. Juri Kuran, Yuki Kuran, Kaname Kuran (although he can hold such weapons, it does harm him) and Rido Kuran have demonstrated this ability.
        • Purebloods tend to not show emotion (Yuki Kuran is an exception to this as she had lived as human, and thus doesn't want to bottle up her feelings) and are wary of other Purebloods.

The Pureblood nature is an everlasting quest for power. By killing and drinking the blood of another Pureblood, they can absorb their power. However, this is a great taboo and is said to summon a sinister future upon that Pureblood, unless it is their lover. Similar to other vampires, a Pureblood's blood thirst can only be quenched by the blood of their loved one. Since Purebloods live for eternity, losing their loved one is much more devastating for them.

It is also common practice for Pureblood siblings to marry each other to preserve their thick blood. For example, the Kuran family, who are at the core of the vampire world.
        • Relations between the Purebloods and the Nobles are mixed. Noble vampires who are Pro-Monarchy have a strong sense of loyalty to Purebloods as seen by Aido who refers to Kaname as "Kaname-sama" (Respectful and formal Japanese term) and always protects Yuki.

It is very important for Purebloods to continue the vampire race, therefore many Noble children are put forward as potential wives or husbands. As opposed to other vampires who are Pro-Vampire Council view the Purebloods as a threat because of their great power; for example Asato Ichijo wanted to rid the world of Purebloods because they have the power to absolutely control lesser vampires will.

However, no matter what a vampire's political views are, they all have a seemingly instinctual fear and awe for Purebloods. The Purebloods and the Vampire Council also work together in order to maintain order in the vampire society by keeping watch over Level Ds and exterminating Level Es.

• Aristocrat/Noble Vampires
        (Level B)

2910829797_small_1.jpg

Rima Touya and Senri Shiki, two Aristocrat vampires.

Level B vampires. They are elite vampires with specialized abilities beyond normal vampires. These are also very powerful vampires, but not as much so as Purebloods. They also have a small amount of human blood in their ancestry. When an aristocrat is killed, they turn to dust, as do the other levels below them. These aristocratic vampires are still able to be compelled by Purebloods, but enjoy a much more independent lifestyle in general. The Council of Elders is usually made up from their ranks.

The displayed/known abilities they have in the series are: elemental powers as displayed by Hanabusa Aido (ice) and Kain Akatsuki (fire), as well as illusions (Ruka Soen), some telepathic powers, as well as control over animals (Maria Kurenai has control over the avian).

The known Aristocrat families are the Aido, Soen, Toya, Akatsuki, and Shiki - who are united to help each other. There is also the Kurenai. The Kurenai are known to be related to the Pureblood family Hio - Kurenai ('Crimson'), and Hio (Scarlet Cherry Blossoms).

It could be said that they are the 'vassals' to the Purebloods' 'lords', but the Council was once an exception - they tried to domineer over the Purebloods themselves, and that is why Kaname Kuran killed them all. There is now a new vampire Council in action for this roleplay.
      • Commons
        (Level C)

Level C vampires. These are average vampires with no significant powers. Level C vampires are not usually seen in the anime but have several different appearances throughout the manga. They only have super speed and they heal faster than a normal human.
      • Ex-Humans
        (Level D and E)

Vampire-Knight-Zero-Solitude-zero-kiryuu-fanclub-5967975-1280-800.jpg

Zero Kiryu, an ex-human vampire. He was unique in that he was also a vampire hunter.

Ex-human vampires, also known as level D and level E are the lowest form of vampires, humans who have been turned into vampires by being bitten by a Pureblood vampire. The E in Level E represents the word 'end' because after falling to level E, it's usually the end of their life after losing control. If they don't want to die, they'll have to drink the blood of the Pureblood that bit them. The consequence is that the Pureblood would have complete control over the person and that person would truly become a vampire.

The Ex-human Vampire
        When a human is bitten by a Pureblood vampire, they will either die from blood loss and/or poisoning or more likely suffer the slow agony of the awakening to become a vampire. These vampires are easily controlled by their master and are unable to kill their creator. One of the few advantages is that unlike normal vampires, they are not overly sensitive to sunlight.

When Hunters capture level D vampires, they tattoo them with their symbol and perform a "taming" ceremony enabling them to disable a vampire with a linked piece of jewelry. While the hunters have a ward to prevent vampires from entering their buildings, an exception is made for tamed vampires.

Eventually every ex-human vampire falls to level E, and loses his or her humanity and goes mad with bloodlust. These vampires are then put on the list for extermination. However, they can be saved from this fate if the Pureblood that created them gives them their blood.

Red-Rose-Divider2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of characters are you in need of/are available?
Slots

Vampires
  • Purebloods - 2 active, 1 inactive, 3 open slots
  • Aristocrats - 4 active, 1 inactive, 6 open slots
  • Common - none active, unlimited open slots
  • Ex-Human - 2 active, 3 open slots
Vampire Hunters
  • 6 active, 3 inactive, 4 open slots
Humans
  • 2 active, unlimited open slots

Is a spot still open for me?

So what would you have me make? an Aristocrat Vampire, or a Pureblood?

So what would you have me make? an Aristocrat Vampire, or a Pureblood?
Anything you want. You are allowed to have three characters, after all.

I'll be making a pure blood most likely. It'll hopefully be up today but I can't guarantee it due to the loads of house work I have to do. XD

Anything you want. You are allowed to have three characters, after all.
I'll only be making one. Perhaps two. But I am at odds with either Pureblood or Aristocrat. It's a dilemma. Choose for me. >.<

I'll be making a pure blood most likely. It'll hopefully be up today but I can't guarantee it due to the loads of house work I have to do. XD
We hope to have you join soon ^^. The roleplay has already started, but only in the introductory arc. So the faster you submit your Pureblood, the better. Remember we have a specific CS format, no fancy coding until we confirm everything!

I'll only be making one. Perhaps two. But I am at odds with either Pureblood or Aristocrat. It's a dilemma. Choose for me. >.<
Flip a coin, or pick the one most comfortable :P

Or why not both, if you can manage it?

Flip a coin, or pick the one most comfortable :P

Or why not both, if you can manage it?
Well, mainly because I dont really feel like having two vampire characters. Whereas a pureblood is just someone with a higher status and more strength.

And an Aristocrat is just a tad below... Humm.. Dilemma indeed..

Coin flipping does not work for me..

I'll just make a Pureblood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mu
  • Thank You
Reactions: Archwar
Slots

Vampires
  • Purebloods - 2 active, 1 inactive, 3 open slots
  • Aristocrats - 4 active, 1 inactive, 6 open slots
  • Common - none active, unlimited open slots
  • Ex-Human - 2 active, 3 open slots
Vampire Hunters
  • 6 active, 3 inactive, 4 open slots
Humans
  • 2 active, unlimited open slots
Whoa, it's been a while since the last time I saw VK floating around. Is this list still recent or has the spots been filled up now? (crossing fingers)

Whoa, it's been a while since the last time I saw VK floating around. Is this list still recent or has the spots been filled up now? (crossing fingers)

Unfortunately, all our slots have been filled ^^"

We'll be sure to inform you if we open up, though!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately, all our slots have been filled ^^"

We'll be sure to inform you if we open up, though!
Sounds good أ‿أ Feel free to PM me if anyone *coughs* disappears in the next day or two.

Good luck with the RP ( ͡ᵔ ▾ ͡ᵔ )

Reactions: Mu
I'm actually going to have to drop myself from this. I simply don't have the time right now! I apologize for the inconvenience, but thank you for welcoming me! :)

@kimsim12 That's fine, thanks for showing interest c:

@NaYe Still interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.