Valentine's Day is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valentine's Day sucks balls. I had to work, I didn't get any chocolate and the one thing my husband could remind me of this morning was that I soon wouldn't be able to use the car anymore.

@Diana

I had forgotten how much Valentine's Day does suck. And not because I'm single or angry about sappy couples or whatever.

Just... today's my birthday and everyone's always got something more important to do on this day. It always ends in a fight because I have to struggle not to be forgotten.

Valentines Day?

More like 'look at me I'm in love'. BAH! screw that man, drink my wine to myself thank you and enjoy Single's Awareness Day. Seriously, I hate the stigma that tells people that they have to be with someone to be happy with themselves.

images
@Diana

Valentines Day?

More like 'look at me I'm in love'. BAH! screw that man, drink my wine to myself thank you and enjoy Single's Awareness Day. Seriously, I hate the stigma that tells people that they have to be with someone to be happy with themselves.

images

You forgot to put @Diana in your post. I have remedied the situation. *runs behind a corner and waits*

None of you are my friends anymore. ;_;

I have no problem with Valentines Day except the preceding week where everyone comes out to whine about how they're single. I do have a personal distaste for it ( but I don't let that get in the way of everyone's fun ) namely because I lost my fiance shortly before VDay last year.

When can I have Blood Eagle day? Where I can spread mine enemies lungs like eagles wings.

• Love
Reactions: 3 people
I don't dislike Valentines Day, but the conversations about it make my head hurt.

For one, why are people distributing chocolate and flowers? St. Valentines MAY be the patron of love, but why CHOCOLATE? Roses, SPECIFICALLY red ones, are a sign of adoration, but CHOCOLATE? Dairy-based products with high fat and calorie gain? Where's the love in that? Also, the existence of Valentines Day just really takes a bat covered in nails to my frontal lobe. St. Valentine was a elusive saint who did nothing but got couples married and people to fall in love (or something). Quite literally your everyday matchmaker. Then he died on Feb 14th, and it became his day, like other well known saints. The ONLY reason why chocolates and roses and hearts and the inappropriate use of cherubs (which I personally found annoying due to cherubs conflicting with the depictions of angels as fearsome beings of pure light (LIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHTTTT)) and Cupid. Who the heck IS Cupid anyway? Why did the Big Guy give him this crappy job of shooting arrows at people?

So many questions! So many unanswers! I need to knoooowww, I NEED TO KNOW. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, POWER CORRUPTS, CORRUPTION IS CRIME, CRIME DOES NOT PAY, MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND, KNOWLEDGE FREEZES THE WOOOORRRLLLDDD.

Reactions: 2 people
I like chocolate. Everything else is superfluous to chocolate acquisition.

Einnen, Revan and LogicfromLogic are added to the ban list.

We're taking out the trash tonight.

Oh, and Tegan.

Her most of all.

Last edited:
It's too late, Banningtine's day is over! Maybe next year! <3

I USED to hate Valentine's.

Now, I think you can take it any way you want it
  • A commercial/hallmark holiday
  • A holiday to stomp on single folks
  • Mardigras, but with sex for chocolate insetad of boobs for beads
  • A holiday dedicated to celebrating the people you love
Personally I go with the last one. Humans need love; no seriously, we NEED it. Isolation makes us sick; we need other people and social relationships with them to survive.

So on Valentines, I show everyone I love how I appreciate them; from my family to my friends, and yes also my boyfriend. The commercial aspect definitely capitalizes on romantic love ("If you love him/her you'll buy...") but I think it's fine to include family and friends in this holiday as well

...Did I avoid the trap? ^_^

• Love
Reactions: Torsty
Psh, who cares if working through the grocery store makes my allergies act up?

Flowers guys...

Smell the beautiful flowers.

AAAACCCHHOOOOOO!!!!!

I used to hate valentines day, untill I/no.

Anyway, yeah I just recently got a girlfriend. Like the week of valentines day, and everyones like, " why didn't you ask her out After valentines day so you don't have to do anything for her, and I'm like, "If I thought about it like that, I'd have never gone out with her in the first place!" But yeah, I couldn't get her anything, and, she gave me a tie she had... (I like ties.)

Status
Not open for further replies.