Vagabonds and Mandolins

He smirked down at the little elf. "Well you won't be seeing it for a very long time. I want you to make sure you are ready to leave. I seem to naturally assume no one has a normal family life. If you have one you may want to reconsider."
he pushed some of his red hair from his face and looked don at Kuyumi. "If you come with me you will see the world, but it has to be your choice, not me pressuring you." he looked over at her sheepishly.

She thought about it, seeming as things were dawning on her. She stayed silent for a couple minutes thoughts running through her mind before she looked up at Xenon and smiled. "No. I want to do this! It will help me over come my stage freight, accomplish my dream of leaving this city and seeing the world, and doing it all with a brand new friend!" She beamed, seeming confident in the words she chose, before she blushed. "We... are friends right?"

He took her hand, a large grin plastered on his pretty man face. "Ah Dearest! The very best!" He placed a kiss on the back of her delicate digits and then wrapped his other arm around her shoulder. "Shall we? We still have quite a few hours until dark!" He knew she would go along with him. New to traveling the girl wouldn't know heads or tails of the outside world. How exciting that he would be the one that got to show her.

She grinned, and blushed at the contact and nodded. "We shall!" She followed along with him as he lead the way, "So, what other places have you been? Are there any places that are like.. beautiful, you get speechless when you see them?" Her eyes were full of curiousity, if she wasn't walking she'd be jumping up and down with excitement, her mind full of thoughts and wonders, her words trying to keep up.

He smiled down at her. She was so curious and alight with a hunger to see the world. He could never remember being so excited to move on to the next place. "So beautiful I was rendered speechless?" He thought for a moment and then laughted as he thought of the fae city he visited once.
"Yes. I once found myself in a beautiful fairy city. They had buildings made from colored stained glass that sparkled in the sun and moon light like gems! I was rendered speechless then. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen."

Her eyes widened as her mind created an image of such a beautiful city, "I bet it took forever to build a city like that..." She grinned, "Will we go there someday?" She looked up at him once again eyes a flurry of emotion with an innocence attached to them, she looked down at the ground "I've never actually seen a fairy before, what are they like? What do they look like? What about their wings? I've heard tons of things about fairies. Are they really beautiful like people say they are?" Questions ran off her tongue like no tomorrow until she paused. "Erm... I'm sorry. I guess I'm just a tad bit excited." She blushed and rubbed the back of her head.

He let out a laugh at her appology and wrapped his arm around her shoulders again as they walked. "Well, I suppose we could go there one day. It's a very long journey from here and at least one stowaway period on a ship." He grinned. "As for the fae they are cold, cruel, calculating and very beautiful. Their wings are the best part. Some look like they have butterfly wings, some moths, others have dragonfly wings. Each set is more unique then the last!" He suddenly frowned. "They are not very much fun though. At least from what I saw." He shrugged.

She frowned as he told her about the fairies, starting to get used to the whole arm around the shoulder. "Eh? What do you mean from what you saw? Were they mean to you?" She thought for a moment returning her gaze to the ground, "Their wings must be like snowflakes, you know, no two snowflakes are alike. Are their wings like that?" She brought her eyes back up to look at him, curiosity and disapointment filling her eyes.

He smiled as he remembered his stay in that particular city. "At the time I was traveling with an imp name Dart. Fairies don't really care for imps so they were rather mean to him and me in association." he smiled down at her, "Yes, I suppose their wings are like snowflakes. Clever girl. I guess ai will have to take you there then. Maybe we can find a ship traveling that way at the port."
He pondered the Idea. Could be fun....

She looked up at him, "So it was just the imp then? That's a bit mean, what do they have against imps?" She paused, "And... what exactly do you do when you 'stow away' on a ship. I've um, never heard the term or done it since I've had no reason too." She rubbed the back of her head sheepishly, and racked her brain searching for the definition of a stow away.

Xenon let out another laugh. "Oh, don't worry. I will teach you all the things you will need to know to know. To Stow Away means that one has snuck aboard a ship without paying passage." He glanced at her innocent face and cleared his throat. "Perhaps for your first ship ride though. We will be honest patrons."

For some reason he didn't want to show this girl the dark side of being a traveling performer. He wanted her to keep those innocent eyes. Idly his hand reached his patch and he rubbed at the material. Realizing what he was doing he cleared his throat and answered her first question. "Fairies use Imps as labor."

She nodded. "Yay! I'm excited. Especially since you're so nice too! I feel this adventure is going to be a lot of fun!" She looked up at him catching him rubbing his eye patch and noted it. But, she said nothing of it. "Stowing away... seems dangerous. If you're there in secret, what about food and water? Do you just go without the whole time? That's a long time without food and water. . ." She sighed. "What's being on a boat like anyway? Seems scary. How does it even stay afloat! I don't get it! Especially with all the people on board! You'd think it would sink!" She rubbed the back of her head. "Its a mystery I will never understand..

She frowned, "But, imps are people too. . . its mean to use them as labor. Imps need friends too right?" Her frown grew, "Maybe, its because fairies think they're all high and mighty because they're pretty. Right? That must be it. Its not fair. The imps don't want to do it. So why do they make them?" She looked up at him again, eyes saddened and frown firmly planted on her face, it didn't seem natural to see her like this.

Xenon held out his hands and waved them downward as she attacked him with so many questions at once. "Whoa, little miss. Let me answer some!" He smiled kindly at her and started to explain about the imps. "The Fairies use the Imps as labor as so many other races use other peoples for labor. It just happens. It is not right all the time, but it happens." He shrugged. "A way of life I suppose."
He sighed softly as he began to talk about the stow awaying. "If one is good at the art of stow awaying you'll know when to sneak food and water. Do not worry about it though. You and I will travel on board. Being on a ship is a lot like being on land, except more wavy."

She put her hands behind her back and blushed, "Sorry, I keep going off on mini-rants." She sighed. "Humanity is horrible these days... Why can't they just do their own work you know? Its not that hard, I mean if you're making someone else do it, why can't you do it yourself?" She shrugged. "Maybe that's just me." She sighed. "Are you masterful in the art of stow away?" She looked at him, as if the idea of stow awaying wasn't repulsive, a normal activity even, her eyes innocent and kind, with curiosity still filling them. "So, you can feel the boat rocking?" She shudders. "Sounds horrific."

He decided to cease talking to her about the Fairies. He didn't like her upset. Instead Xenon began to talk to her about the boat ride. "You can feel the water beneath the ship, but only just. The bigger the boat you ride the less you feel. If the water is calm, you may not feel a thing. If it's storming then it can get a tad scary." He smiled at her. "But you're brave arn't you?"

She shrugged. "Maybe, I guess we'll figure it out when we go on our first boat ride won't we?" She looked up at him, "Besides. . . If you've done it, I'm sure I can!" She nodded, determined. "A boat ride is nothing. . ." She paused, "I-I think." She looked up at him again, "Have you been on a boat when a storm is going on?" Fear flashed in her eyes. "What's it like?"

He chuckled at the sudden fear that flashed in her eyes. How exhusting it must be to run through so many emotions at once! "My dear," He said softly. "I certainly have. It was scary, but I came out alright. If you are on a ship in the storm, you will come out alright as well." Just then he thought of something and smiled. "You do know how to swim don't you?"

She frowned and looked down. "Well. . . Ya. Of course I do!" She looked at her arms. "You like, do this thing with your arms," In which she started flailing her arms around which just made her look like and idiot rather than a swimmer, "Then you like, do this thing with your legs," Which she started flailing around and then she stopped. "Actually. . . I have no clue. No one ever taught me." She sighed. "Sorry."

He smirked. "Really? I would never have guessed that this..." He began to flail his arms around as well. "Was not how you swam." He laughed and winked at her. "Another thing I can teach you. You know what...I know you can dance! What else can you do?" He watched her intently, curious about what such an interesting young woman might know how to do.

She rolled her eyes when he imitated her. "Dance, read, I sing a little bit, I'm not that good." She thought for a moment. "That's all I can think of, oh! I can cook!" She thought longer. Her eyebrows creasing in concentration. "I can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll think of more later.