Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
Supernatural, Fantasy, Horror, Adventure, Modern/Slice of Life
Hello!
I'm brand spanking new here! ;) A friend that I met on another site many moons ago just recommended that I check this place out, so here I am! First off, introductions: you can call me Grim or Grimoire and I use they-them pronouns. I will be turning 30 in a few months and have been a literary role player for... well, for about half that lifetime. I work full time as a scientist of sorts and have additional hobbies, so I don't have an abundance of free time, but I really do like to fill what time I do have on creative endeavors, be it crafting, pondering, headcanoning and, you guessed it, writing! It has been a while since I have really successfully gotten back into roleplaying forums, I have made a few attempts to join threads on another site, but the spark hasn't quite reignited there. I am hoping that a fresh start somewhere new (here) might help. I must be honest, though, the setup of this forum is quite different from what I am used to and the levels of coding and aesthetics that I have seen whilst poking my head around, while impressive, are VERY intimidating to me. I hope you all won't judge me for my noobishness. I suppose I should also include my writing interests here and, for simplicities sake, I will use bullet points to do so. This list is in no particular order, I am just writing as I think of things. I may even be forgetting things, all-encompassing lists are HARD!
  • Genres - Supernatural, fantasy, horror, anime, ttrpg-inspired adventures, slice of life
  • Species - Vampires and faeries are my all time faves, but I like to dabble with elves and other fantasy races (like my tiefling OC avatar for DnD)
  • Pairings - I am genderfluid/nonbinary and pansexual which means that any pairing style is my cup of tea. I do particularly like writing LGBT+ pairings, but I don't mind cishet MxF occasionally.
  • Rating - most 18+ content is good with me, I like being able to have mature themes in my writing
  • Content - Most of my writing experience is in group RPs but I am interested in traversing the world of 1x1s if a partner would be willing to work with this noob.
  • Fandoms - I do not typically write in fandom RPs, apologies. OCs and original stories are my preferred bread and butter.
Please do pop in and say hi, I would love to get to know some of ya'll and am eager for any recommendations that you might have on acclimating or getting started here.
Happy Writing!
~ Grim

• Love
Reactions: kroyote
howdy hi grim! i'm coyote (or nim is good), your friendly neighborhood queer enby !!! i've been bouncin' around in the straight for a few years myself, but it's always exciting to see new members!
my pms are normally always open, so if you need help traversing the site, i'm more than happy to help :) plus, i'm sure any of the staff here would be happy to help! i'm always open to just havin' a chat and if you ever need group rp recommendations, i'll be sure to throw some of my pals your way (same with 1x1 partners) <3

• Thank You
Reactions: Grimoire
Welcome! It's nice to meet you, Grim :D I also adore writing in the genres of supernatural and horror! In fact, I think most of my RPs have included these to some degree, and I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of people here who love the same thing.

If you need any help finding your way around, please reach out to me or any of our other staff members!

• Thank You
Welcome to Iwaku! We have lots of amazing members, so I hope you find some great partners. And never be afraid to reach out and ask questions! Everyone was a newb once too. ^^

• Thank You
I used to love coding fancy posts, but now I am old and that is too much work! So don't you worry about fancy codings at all! O:

Also hello and welcome!

• Haha
Wow! Lovely introduction you have here and sure you’ll find someone to write with in no time.

Hope that you enjoy yourself here.

Good luck and happy writing! 🤍

• Thank You
👀 howdy there, stranger

👀 howdy there, stranger
Embarrassed Exit Strategy GIF

hello new person! Welcome to Iwaku as we're always hyped to have more members! If you need anything, im pretty chill and could always answer a question for ya about anythin'!

• Thank You