Uvinia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo yes please :) hey guys I'm just on my tablet right now but hoping to start ic tomorrow! (Uk time) x

[MENTION=1709]Charlie[/MENTION] can you let me know what you would like? then I can get started....words if any, pics to use fav color...ect...

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Name: Marinda Shayfor

Age: Approximately 300 years (equivalent to 17 human years)

Race: Fairie

Personality: Quizzical, flighty (her attention span is quite short) and good-natured unless crossed.

Biography: A long time ago, when the world was somewhat younger and a little more spritely, a child was born to the fairies-of-the-wild-wood. Marinda was doted upon, as all babes of the Good Folk were. Being far and few between, a birth was to be celebrated! She has led a charmed life of happiness as all of her folk have, well, that is... till of late. Humans had come, at long last, to the wood. It was known they would eventually and that was why she had been conceived. Her people groomed her for the role of liaison between humans and the Tylwyth Teg (Fair Family) or more commonly known as Fairies. Now, at long last it has come time for her to set forth and do her duty to her people.

Appearance:

Weapon:

Being gentle and peace-loving in nature, Marinda loathes the thought of hurting ether the plants and animals she manipulates or the possible creature they come in contact with. So the odds of her doing harm are very remote, instead she would rather slow, detain or misdirect persons from her and her home.

-Fairie magic-of-the-wood ~ The ability to manipulate plant material in any fashion (growth, movement, death, ect.) It can be used to bind or trip a person but it is only as strong as the plant it's self, it doesn't have any super powers or such.

-Animal lore ~ All animals have a natural trust of fairies, trusting them almost completely. Favors can be exchanged if both parties are willing. Fairies never order them to do things, they only ask and in doing so a promise is made to return the favor in some way. (this includes speech, knowledge, and summoning).

-Sleep ~ She can induce sleep by singing to man or beast but it is a normal sleep and the creature can wake of it's own accord at anytime.

Weakness:
-When Marinda is not near nature she becomes weak and unable to perform her arts and seems to fade. If away from the wilderness too long she may disappear altogether. Many fairies in the past went this way when man had destroyed the wood in their ever growing desire to go past their own habitats and encroached on the fairies' domain.

-Steel causes all fairies great pain, being near it and touching it burns them.

Companion(s):
-A grayish white wolf that Marinda raised after it's parents were killed stays by her side and protects her from harm.
-A white stag is often seen near and on occasion gives her rides, defends her or just enjoys her company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved! :) Umm, well just the pictures I've used for the title I suppose.. umm maybe something like, "Uvinia Five Legions of War" x

Reactions: lynzy
Too late to join?

Too late to join?

Nope, as I said before - always open. :)

Oh also! Lynzy m'dear, with the plant manipulation can you just elaborate a little bit more on that in your profile? :) Just don't want it getting too.. "I can grow vines and pin you down aagh!" I.e... this..

Lol oky I shall work on that tomorow then...altho that was a good idea tho...hmmm...

..and on a separate but related note...

• Love
Reactions: Charlie
Charlie, submit that banner right now >:v (if you would be so kind :3)

D: It's beautiful! Do I have to be the one to submit it!?x

Yup. You started the thread, it's like you left all of us pregnant with our rp characters. Now be a responsible father and submit the banner, somebody's gotta feed our children (? xD

Reactions: Charlie and lynzy
Haha, you are correct! Alright then! I'll do it now! :)

Edit: Submitted!

The thread has finally been made! Sorry it's taken so long! However, here it is! Still accepting new members by the way, so join away! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Reactions: lynzy
i have made changes in my charicter, can you check it for me please [MENTION=1709]Charlie[/MENTION]? Thank you :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Charlie
i have made changes in my charicter, can you check it for me please [MENTION=1709]Charlie[/MENTION]? Thank you :)

Just read over it. A sleeping spell wouldn't be used by a fairy.. aha. I'll elaborate on what I mean by magic in my posts.

As you already know from when I pointed out "just elaborate on your plant-magic etc", I don't like very obvious magic uses. That's anything that is physical, or that can have a serious impact in combat, etc.. So I like passive magic abilities.. Enhanced things like senses, speed, strength (to a degree), special talents..

The animal one is fine as I added in their paragraph for main post, it's like an empathy - which I would class as a passive ability. Manipulating plants is alright so long as it isn't for battle use, of any description.. so your ability to make them grow I would envision that as a sort of ... Dead plant, walk past, it's alive again. As well as, small stalk, touch, grows a flower bud. Using their energy to make the tree branches change shape, perhaps to allow sunlight into the woods, or close it off. Or even use the trees for listening into conversations by touching it. I wouldn't stretch it to things such as growing trees to such heights, forming vines from underground, gathering poison from the poison ivy nearby, etc.. you know what I mean?

Most of it is in the paragraph above aha.. But yes, something like a sleep spell is too over the mark. Perhaps she could have a melodic voice which soothes? This leaves it up to the character to decide if they wish their character to be put to sleep - etc :)? x

Hmmm... well I see where you are coming from about the magic but you are making it impossible for her to even defend herself much less fight. She has to have that much at least. The enchantment to induce sleep is her singing power, that's what I meant, like soothing melody, yes. She is in no way a spell caster like a wizard or witch. All of her 'magic' is from the earth's power, it can be strong or weak, depending on where she is. In a castle surrounded by steal weapons and armor she would be extremely weak if not faded, but in the woods she would be strong and fairly sure of herself.

Is the description of plant manipulation oky then?

I'd highly recommend something like an animal companion or wings for defence mechanisms in any case. Now I see the edits, I think it's perfect :) I just can't give one without the other, you know? x

Huh? give one what?

Give one ability to a person when another one has had theirs declined.. IE, you wrote up that sleep ability, and somebody already requested something like using fire balls which I declined. So, I can't decline one and then say yes to another, you know what I mean? It would be unfair to the person. I stick to what's written in the paragraphs, it's how I wanted to mold the RP.

Ah! I C, well, how did I do on the companion thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.