USN Raiguns. They're here.

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Vay, Dec 17, 2010.

1. What's the world record? First Working Railgun?

2. Two words.

Muzzle. Velocity.

3. The future is here and its F****** awesome.

4. Weren't these in Transformers 2?! >:[

5. Now all we have to do is get giant bipedal robots invented and we'll have Metal Gears!

6. there actually was talk of bringing back the battleship expressly to have something big enough to carry the power plant and a railgun........... or 8

7. Yes let us redraw the Montana...

Besides... I'm a fan of Battleships. Sorry but I'm not a huge fan of the Jeune École and never have been. It's proven in the past to be a failure of a doctrine.

8. Fuck your battleships.

DREADNOUGHTS.

9. YOU GUYS DO REALIZE WE'RE GONNA BE LIVING IN THE MGS UNIVERSE SOON ENOUGH, DON'T YOU?

THIS IS CERTAINLY NOT GOOD IF YOU'RE A CIVILIAN.

10. You do realize that was a type of battleship pioneered by the H.M.S. Dreadnought? And I quote her captain....

"Remarkable vessel, everything she can't outgun she can outrun."

11. Safer and more compact than steam!

12. What you really need marius is a way to improve the landing on an aircraft carrier, not the takeoff.

13. screw that, i'm an MP. i leave all that for everyone else, i just like seeing shit get shot while i shoot the shit about shooting shit. lol

14. I clicked on this thread expecting Rayguns.

I'm sad now.

15. stop being sad asmo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVMHaJkR2DY

and as for making landing easier, there have been some articles i read a while back on NKO about them making a super carrier bigger than the new ones.