Useless Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calculations for post;
E=Mc2​
10 grams of matter is equal to roughly 4.4938e+14 joules of energy.
the average weight of a steel scaffold pole is 10 or 20 kg. I took the lighter one because Alexander isn't all that strong.
the formula for Joules worth of energy to kinetic motion is as follows;
kenetic_energy_equation_velocity.png

with V being velocity, K being energy, and m being mass.
this gives us a value of about 9,480,295 meters per second. The speed off sound at sea level is; 340.29 m / s at sea level
the speed devided by speed of sound is = 27 859.4581. thats mac, thats how meany times faster than the speed of sound its going.
for refrence, the speed of light is as follows; 299 792 458 m / s
two links to help people understand temperature due to air friction;
After what speed air friction starts to heat up an object?
At What Speed Does Windchill Give Way To Frictional Heating? - Science Questions, from the Naked Scientists
so lets assume its about 15 degrees. roughly 288 Kelvin. now, at somewhere around mac 30,000 we can safely assume that our metal has passed friction:heat ratio to vaporize. however, it is still moving fast enough to retain a cohesive form. So what we have is a spear of superheated gas moving at well byond supersonic speeds.
The downside to all of this is that Alexander now has a 3rd degree burn on his palm. YAY!

Last edited:
This is why alexander dosn't use his power all that often, when going wrong, it could not only kill him, but several dozen people around him.

could i create an anti hero that basically trains anyone who would like training, but he is also an alien that was sent to Earth a while back (if that is all right since this is in science fiction)

if your an established hero you can feel free to train but that'll mean you lost your powers.

Will have my post up soon. Working on it now.

as an anti hero he really wouldn't be a hero that goes out saving people though, so he wouldn't have been with the other heroes

anti heroes are people like mercenaries and hired guns, or people that fight with their own rules, saving people how they see fit, or usually for money

....I think he wants to just have a non-useless power. that or be some kind of super sayen or ailen. or god knows what. Or a batman. yeah, he wants to be the batman.

well my character is an alien, and one organ of his allows for him to control the blood of others and himself, though because his organ is actually slightly smaller than a liver, it doesn't allow for much use of the ability, because if he does use it too much then, he can pretty much kill himself by doing so. It can burst that organ of his and cause a neurotoxin inside it to kill him, as it's located near his heart. His body composition though gives him a bit of an upper hand as well in combat as he is not human and can move slightly faster, and is slightly stronger. His genetic make up also makes it to where when he is on different planets or even different space stations where gravity is changing, he changes size but cannot change size again. This does not happen by will either. If you let me make the character I can explain everything better

.....Batman with the powers of the main villain. except souped up. lol wut.
did you even read the intro dude?

I did, it makes it more interesting to confuse some people ya know, one chill alien who if he even tries to control blood for more than a few minutes can die and a little more, and then the villain controls blood to the max without hardly any problems, confusing the two will make for some interesting plot, especially if it's made as a comedy bit where people always confuse the two

I did, it makes it more interesting to confuse some people ya know, one chill alien who if he even tries to control blood for more than a few minutes can die and a little more, and then the villain controls blood to the max without hardly any problems, confusing the two will make for some interesting plot, especially if it's made as a comedy bit where people always confuse the two
Alexander; Huh, you can control blood, you must be the bad guy. give me a minute. -picks up dime and acelerates it through to Mach 30,000 again, streight between the eyes- Control that. bitch.

Yes, very comedic, and humorous.
I can see that going oh so well. the dm did state he/she would be playing the tutor/mentor role. so your entire idea about training people is kinda out the window as well.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
alright alright, I'll have to think of something else den :/

Alexander; Huh, you can control blood, you must be the bad guy. give me a minute. -picks up dime and acelerates it through to Mach 30,000 again, streight between the eyes- Control that. bitch.

Yes, very comedic, and humorous.
I can see that going oh so well. the dm did state he/she would be playing the tutor/mentor role. so your entire idea about training people is kinda out the window as well.
Actually I'm board enough to do maths on this. Lets find out how fast he can make a Dime go!
a dime weighs 2.268g acording to the US mint.
Alexander can vaporise up to 10g of matiral. so, for easy maths sake lets say he energizes just over half of it. 1.5g.
that gives us 1.3481e+14 joules
Now 2.268-1.5 gives us 0.768, lets make that 0.77 for easy maths.
Now. If anyone wants to go back and look at my LAST maths post it explains it all, but our m/s is:
HOLY BEJEBUS!
the speed of light is
we are acheiving almost 2x the speed of light with that dime. HOLY FUCKING GOD. assuming that the forces involved here didn't just rip apart reality or ya know, punch a vacuum hole the size of a fist through the targets head the remains of the dime would not only accelerate to the point at which they vaporise, but the very bonds of the molecular structure (and possibly atomic structure) would get torn apart and produce a fucking particle beam.
sorry did I just blow your mind? faster than light, particle weapon. from a god dam dime. That'd be like raising my hand, and the dudes head just exploding. one would assume that the kenetic energy transfer would be somewhere around...75% lets say. that transfers 75% of 1.3481e+14 Joules of energy to someone head as heat/force, To put that in perspective guys. Thats like smashing someone in the face with a small (reletivly small) Hurricane, Or a medium sized fucking Meteorite!
You'd not only be missing a head, but probably an entire upper torso.
PHYSICS BITCHES!

Actually I'm board enough to do maths on this. Lets find out how fast he can make a Dime go!
a dime weighs 2.268g acording to the US mint.
Alexander can vaporise up to 10g of matiral. so, for easy maths sake lets say he energizes just over half of it. 1.5g.
that gives us 1.3481e+14 joules
Now 2.268-1.5 gives us 0.768, lets make that 0.77 for easy maths.
Now. If anyone wants to go back and look at my LAST maths post it explains it all, but our m/s is:
HOLY BEJEBUS!
the speed of light is
we are acheiving almost 2x the speed of light with that dime. HOLY FUCKING GOD. assuming that the forces involved here didn't just rip apart reality or ya know, punch a vacuum hole the size of a fist through the targets head the remains of the dime would not only accelerate to the point at which they vaporise, but the very bonds of the molecular structure (and possibly atomic structure) would get torn apart and produce a fucking particle beam.
sorry did I just blow your mind? faster than light, particle weapon. from a god dam dime. That'd be like raising my hand, and the dudes head just exploding. one would assume that the kenetic energy transfer would be somewhere around...75% lets say. that transfers 75% of 1.3481e+14 Joules of energy to someone head as heat/force, To put that in perspective guys. Thats like smashing someone in the face with a small (reletivly small) Hurricane, Or a medium sized fucking Meteorite!
You'd not only be missing a head, but probably an entire upper torso.
PHYSICS BITCHES!
MORE EQUATIONS MY BRAIN! *Has aneurysm*

i want to go ahead and start the next day so they can go ahead and head over to the elite building. I'll start with my post and we'll have everyone follow after.

i want to go ahead and start the next day so they can go ahead and head over to the elite building. I'll start with my post and we'll have everyone follow after.
Cool

I would rather let rainbow respond to our two posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.