Updating the Roleplay Resume! Give your suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the timezone display is an absolute must-have in the proposed update. Currently I have written my timezone in the Location of my Information sheet since there is no other logical place to put it. It's important to me because I am yet to interact with anyone on this site in a similar timezone (I'm in Australia) so I need to let people know that I might not respond to their posts immediately. I particularly like @fatalrendezvous' suggestion of a display of each members current time under their avatar if that's possible.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked my RP resume and it seems the timezone setting has already been added to it! Well done iwaku :applause:

EDIT: Actually, I just checked my RP resume and it seems the timezone setting has already been added to it! Well done iwaku :applause:
Er, if you mean the time zone selector near the top of your Preferences menu, that has always been there. It changes post timestamps to match your local time instead of being the server time. It doesn't display your time zone for other people on the site, which is what everyone has been asking for in reference to time zones in this thread. :P

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Er, if you mean the time zone selector near the top of your Preferences menu, that has always been there. It changes post timestamps to match your local time instead of being the server time. It doesn't display your time zone for other people on the site, which is what everyone has been asking for in reference to time zones in this thread. :P
Oops, silly me! :blush:

Thanks everyone for your comments and requests so far! They've been really useful! O__O

As a treat, I can tell you we will definitely be able to add a local time marker!

More options for "Gender You Prefer Playing." Not only inclusion of non-binary genders, but perhaps intermediate options between the existing three? Eg. "Both, but mostly women."

(Great avatar, Diana!)

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
I don't know if this is already in place, but I suggested it on the Help Desk a while ago. Can we keep the adult members from seeing the teens' libertine section of the resume, and vice versa?

Last edited:
I don't know if this is already in place, but I suggested it on the Help Desk a while ago. Can we keep the adult members from seeing the libertine section of the resume, and vice versa?
that was well thought :)

that was well thought :)
Yeah... I've gotten some libertine requests from the adult members, asking about the Libertine preferences I put down... ^^' It was awkward.

There should be a very accentuated difference maybe in the color scheme of the page between a adult and non adult member...
There should be some flexibility in age difference, imagine you're like 17 RPing with someone 16 and things are ... on that point... then you turn 18 and you can't carry on?

Since I am 30 that's not really not my concern, but it would be if I was not yet an adult.

• Useful
Reactions: Hana and Izurich
Thanks everyone for your comments and requests so far! They've been really useful! O__O

As a treat, I can tell you we will definitely be able to add a local time marker!
*bows to the great owl goddess*

The genders we prefer playing- there's more than just boy and girl (unless you're trying to refer to sex, if so, could you change "gender" to "sex"?), sexual orientation (because there's more than just those), and custom fields.

• Useful
Reactions: State Of Bedlam
Oh right, here's a dumb semantics one; change character stereotype to character archetype. Stereotype has a negative connotation, whereas archetype is basically the skeleton of your character. It's also more accurate.

As for BB-formatting, it is nice and I would support it's inclusion, but please include a link to this guide in the description in the editing fields. Please. Or perhaps add an option for the viewer to turn customisations on or off. I mean, there's RP posts I copy into word because of colour and font spam, so it would be nice if I didn't have to take a minute to boot it up when I wanna read someone's resume.

Reactions: Hana and Izurich
As for BB-formatting, it is nice and I would support it's inclusion, but please include a link to this guide in the description in the editing fields. Please.
Minor note, as the creator of the guide.

The roleplay resumé is featured on two locations—in a spoiler under usertitles and on the userpages. At the very least under the style I use, both of these sport different background colours from that of the standard post. I wouldn't mind updating/reformatting it to include these other eight backgrounds, but I'd appreciate it if a mod might be able to pass me the hexcodes for those colours.

As it stands however, I don't think the guide would help much with the current layout.

I forgot to mention this, but could you also add a place where we can list things we're uncomfortable with? I don't see one currently other than character no-goes and I'd appreciate it if it didn't include things you're also comfortable with just so there isn't any confusion.

Seconded on the squick list Noctis the Devious mentioned! Triple yes!

The roleplay resumé is featured on two locations—in a spoiler under usertitles and on the userpages. At the very least under the style I use, both of these sport different background colours from that of the standard post.
Apologies. I didn't take that into consideration.

A couple of ideas:
1) Move "[Accepting/Not accepting] new Roleplays" to its own category right at the top of the resume.
2) Add a dropdown to indicate which theme we use so I don't get people trying to use light colored text on my light colored background. Maybe with a note next to each entry like [Grey Mist -- No light colored fonts.] [Violet Queen -- Dark colors need not apply].

I have to echo the time zone and gender ideas, those are pure gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.