Update Day Nov 21st! And other Community News!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
EEEEEEY! THANKS TO YOUR GLORIOUS DONATIONS I CAN NOW RENEW ALL OUR SOFTWARE LISENCES AND DO US A TIDY LIL UPDATE!

This will be a minor update - which means there won't be any big software changes. Just hopefully bug fixes. I expect it to take a couple hours, so make sure you have your account verified on Discord to hang out with everyone while they're bored and I am screaming!

This update WILL involve changing the forum list around! As much as the "Stories of the ____" setup did what I intended and helped inspire Game Masters to think about different genres they could create RPs for, it isn't working out for ease of member use. So we're going to be trying out an "Original RPs" and "Fandom RPs" setup instead.

Sometimes stuff doesn't work out, and that's okay! <3 Iwaku is always looking to evolve and be the best it can be!

NOW FOR SOME FAST AND DIRTY COMMUNITY UPDATES AND NEWS?

Discord roleplays are popular as fuck, and over the past few years Iwaku has had to try and adapt it's rules to keep up with current roleplay trends.

We are removing the rule of No 18+ Discord Roleplays in the Ads Forum.
We allow 18+ rp forums in there that use the exact same methods of Click & Agree security that Discord does. It didn't make sense to have this rule. It's not our business to police how other sites & servers manage their registrations.

Discord Group Roleplays count as OFF-SITE RPS. They can only be posted in the Ads Forum.
We have no power or authority over Discord servers, they are not a part of Iwaku and therefore should only be posted in Off-site ads.

One on One Partner requests are okay to mention that they only roleplay via Discord.
Because it is a single partner and often one on ones are played through a variety of different mediums.

It is important that you REPORT ANYONE THAT IS TRYING TO USE DISCORD AS A WAY TO CIRCUMVENT OUR AGE RESTRICTION RULES TO ROLEPLAY WITH PEOPLE OUTSIDE THEIR AGE GROUP OR TO ROLEPLAY PEDOPHILIC CONTENT.
If anyone ever says "oh we can just rp it on discord" because you can't do it on Iwaku, that person is being a jerkass and a creep and you should report them. If you are one of those people doing this right now, eat a dick D:< One day you're gonna get it.

there's problem other stuff, but I can't remember what they are now. D:< October was so fun and busy I am exhausted from it, and now the Thanksgiving and December holidays & birthdays are coming up so my brain is scrambled eggs.

GO OUT AND ROLEPLAY AND HAVE FUN! MAY THE MUSE BE WITH YOU.

Discord Group Roleplays count as OFF-SITE RPS. They can only be posted in the Ads Forum.
We have no power or authority over Discord servers, they are not a part of Iwaku and therefore should only be posted in Off-site ads.
Can we still post a discord as a supplementary in our RPs (In the OOC but optional) or should we only post it in off-site ads even if most of the RP is on site?

This will be a minor update - which means there won't be any big software changes. Just hopefully bug fixes. I expect it to take a couple hours, so make sure you have your account verified on Discord to hang out with everyone while they're bored and I am screaming!
So, it will be down until Tuesday some time, got it.
This update WILL involve changing the forum list around! As much as the "Stories of the ____" setup did what I intended and helped inspire Game Masters to think about different genres they could create RPs for, it isn't working out for ease of member use. So we're going to be trying out an "Original RPs" and "Fandom RPs" setup instead.
So, does that mean we only have have two RPS for our GM master badge? Also, where are RPs that have a mix of original and fandom content go into? ( I run an original idea/setting but let fandom elements/ characters into it)

Can we still post a discord as a supplementary in our RPs (In the OOC but optional) or should we only post it in off-site ads even if most of the RP is on site?
yes!

So, does that mean we only have have two RPS for our GM master badge?
no, I will be adjusting the trophies 8D

Also, where are RPs that have a mix of original and fandom content go into? ( I run an original idea/setting but let fandom elements/ characters into it)

Any roleplay that allows fandom content into is considered a Fandom roleplay, as even though your original concept and setting might be yours and yours alone, the content you allow within it via people's characters, plot/settings/etc ties it to a published work ie fandom. Otherwise you would be falsely advertising the content of your roleplay as original content.

So if you're running this cool Modern Highschool plot that is all yours and every single character in it is original except for ONE GUY who is playing Jughead from Riverdale... sorry, your roleplay has turned over into a Fandom! (And likewise Multiverse once it becomes multiple fandoms!)

THE UPDATE IS NOW "COMPLETE".

I say "complete" because I have a feeling something is forgotten, and yet I cannot seem to find anything else to check.

THERE ARE SOME NEW TOYS AND FEATUERES I WILL LET YOU HUNT FOR THEM ON YOUR OWN TO SEE WHAT YOU FIND.

Post any bugs or problems you find in the bug thread

I DID ACCIDENTALLY MESS SOMETHING UP WITH THE TROPHIES SO LIKE... I HAVE TO GIVE SOME TROPHIES BACK TO PEOPLE ONCE I FIX THEM

And of course there was some FORUM RESTRUCTURING

SEND ALL SCREAMS TO THE HELP DESK

THANKS FOR YOUR AWESOME UPDATE OWL MOM. I lost my "helpful helper" badge, but that's okay.

As for anyone being gross, I'll find you. I have my ways. That's a promise.

This is a site for everyone to be safe and explore their love for writing. Don't ruin it for those just starting out, or seasoned explorers. This is a very special place for so many people, and we've all found homes here. Site staff will do what we need to keep it safe for anyone and everyone.

Aside from that, HAVE FUN! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING DIANA!

dedfd32370ed3e726f7196d1fa90773a.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iridescent
Status
Not open for further replies.