Unwanted Sexual Advances

Have you ever been sexually harassed online?

• Yeah, fuck that dick/bitch

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Nah, life's peachy keen

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
7-8 years ago, during my first year as a mod. Iwaku was a very very small community. Asmo just got promoted to global mod and Rory just became a mod. We haven't even met Dianerp yet. I held a pageant type contest.

It was called "Iwaku Jailbait" or something.

hahahaha what?

19yr old me thought 'jailbait' just meant attractive teenager. And none of the staff thought to stop me. Not sure if none of us knew, or they just allowed it coz the premise was so innocent, or we all had collective cognitive dissonance or maybe the entire staff was insane..but hey, Orochi was being productive for a change. And so the contest was allowed.

There were 8 who entered, I think. They basically just answered a series of questions I prepared and tried to out-MOE each other. No photos. Just a series of interviews through PM that I published. Basically, a regular contest but with "jailbait" in it's name.

The pageant was a success, Sakura won. She even had her profile title changed to "Official Iwaku Jailbait" for a month or something. She was what, 14? Now she's an adult and yells at me on facebook all the time. :E

It was weird that NO ONE pointed pointed out anything about the contest title and no one made creepy or inappropriate comments. It even became a running gag to warn the new female members to stay away from me coz I'd put them in a sack and run away like a sex-offender version of Hambuglar or something. For months, no one said "hey, man, that's kinda creepy". Maybe they just thought I knew exactly what I was doing. Or I was just a weirdo. Probably the latter.

It was only when and old mod returned from a long hiatus and he/she (I forget who, probably Coffee) lurked the staff-only archives section and found the contest threads and said "hey, man, that's kinda creepy".

Fin~

Dunno if this is on topic, but I already typed it so yeah..
This stuff makes me wish I had been part of Iwaku for as long as I'd been on the Guild.

7-8 years ago, during my first year as a mod. Iwaku was a very very small community. Asmo just got promoted to global mod and Rory just became a mod. We haven't even met Dianerp yet. I held a pageant type contest.

It was called "Iwaku Jailbait" or something.

hahahaha what?

19yr old me thought 'jailbait' just meant attractive teenager. And none of the staff thought to stop me. Not sure if none of us knew, or they just allowed it coz the premise was so innocent, or we all had collective cognitive dissonance or maybe the entire staff was insane..but hey, Orochi was being productive for a change. And so the contest was allowed.

There were 8 who entered, I think. They basically just answered a series of questions I prepared and tried to out-MOE each other. No photos. Just a series of interviews through PM that I published. Basically, a regular contest but with "jailbait" in it's name.

The pageant was a success, Sakura won. She even had her profile title changed to "Official Iwaku Jailbait" for a month or something. She was what, 14? Now she's an adult and yells at me on facebook all the time. :E

It was weird that NO ONE pointed pointed out anything about the contest title and no one made creepy or inappropriate comments. It even became a running gag to warn the new female members to stay away from me coz I'd put them in a sack and run away like a sex-offender version of Hambuglar or something. For months, no one said "hey, man, that's kinda creepy". Maybe they just thought I knew exactly what I was doing. Or I was just a weirdo. Probably the latter.

It was only when and old mod returned from a long hiatus and he/she (I forget who, probably Coffee) lurked the staff-only archives section and found the contest threads and said "hey, man, that's kinda creepy".

Fin~

Dunno if this is on topic, but I already typed it so yeah..
I remember that! I was weirded out by it at the time, but I was weirded out by a lot of stuff you guys did, especially in the my less opinionated days. Besides there was something worse that preceded it that I didn't understand at all. At least you had nothing to do with that, not as far as I can remember.

Looking back, it's kind of like re-watching Heathers--you're just remembering and cringing and telling yourself "Something like this could NEVER be made today!"

On topic: I'll just say, "Yeah. Women can do it too, though they seem neither as frequent nor as pushy."

Last edited:
Besides there was something worse that preceded it that I didn't understand at all. At least you had nothing to do with that, not as far as I can remember.
Which one? I did a LOT of things no current staffer would be allowed to do. :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.