Untitled

Jared hid the picture again in the drawer and turned back to the heap of paperwork in front of him. What was there to set strait?

It didn't take him long to break, he couldn't concentrate and knew he has making mistakes. So why nod take a walk to clear his head?

Of course his feet took him to the wardrobe department, but not into it. Hesitating in the doorway he looked in, leaning against the door frame afraid to enter.

"Hey." he said to her as t=she examined her work with her back turned. "Thats pretty good. Umm.. good to finaly see you again."

Kacey turned around quickly, blushing a little as she noticed who was at her door.

"Oh, uh..." She studdered, "Hey, Jared." She put her phone away and went over to a second manikin in the room. Kacey noticed him just standing in the doorway.
"You can come in, you know," She said, using her hand to motion him to enter the room.

"Oh, uh...right," Jared replied, stepping into the room and closer to Kacey.

It took a second of head scratching awkwardness for Jarred to talk. Not knowing what else to say he resorted to the welcome speech he gave all new members of the team.

"So.. um Kacey." He began, using her first name rather than the shortened one he used to call her.

"I'm here to welcome you to the team. You already know Mich and you'll meet the stage crew, our public relations gal and everyone else soon enough."

Inwardly he sighed, this was not why he came down at all but why had he?

"Is there anything you need to know?" he asked cutting of his train of thought. "Its um.. good to see you again."

Kacey giggled a little.

"You already said that once, Jer," She said, smiling and returning to trying to find another outfit for Ruth.

"So, how long have you and Ruth been an item?" Kacey asked, not trying to show any emotion behind the question.

Jared paused, "Umm.... I've been working for her almost two years." he replaid.

"Thats not what I...." Kacey sarted and Jared cut her off.

"A little less than that." he said quickly. "Look Kace, I know this is awkward, but ..." he lost the thread of what he was trying to say. "Fuck..." he swore quietly, very out of character for him as he looked away.

"Look, Michell suggested I come clean, I don't know what he meant by that but I feel I should do something."

"I think he wanted you to explain how you left without a trace," Kacey suggested, her back still turned to him.

"You know I didn't mean to," Jared replied, trying to redeem himself.

"Bullshit, Jared," Kacey said, turning around. "I know it, and you know it." She crossed her arms and looked down, shaking her head. "What--or WHO made you stop contacting me?"

Jared had not been ready for the verbal assault, and after a beep breath his eyes met Kacey's "Life happened. The world isn't highschool Kacey and New York is not like Meison." his voice was a a half-shout, masking the regret he had felt since they had parted and He knew it was his fault.

Kacey felt her eyes start to tear up. She knew it wasn't high school. That much was obvious, but they had talked about this before he left, hadn't they? She turned away from him and brought a hand up to her face, wiping away any tears that might have shown.

"It doesn't matter anyway," Kacey said, trying to hide her sadness. "You and Ruth have a life now. I shouldn't have even taken this job."

Jared put his face in his hand. "Kacey, I didn't mean to... I was working 8 hour shifts and trying to get through college. By the time that was through it had been so long since I had heard from you I..."

His phone rang and one look at the screen told him who it was, "I'm late for a meeting, catch me later and we can talk over coffee or something." he left the room quickly putting the phone to his ear. "Yes Ruth I'm on my way.... tell you later.."