Unreliable Soldier

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenia nodded slightly, standing. She set the teddy bear gently on the bed, then turned, looking at him..she stopped, a sudden realization coming over her. "Why are you being so nice?" she asked, at this point very confused.

"Huh?" The question caught Isiah off guard. "Wh-What do y-y-you mean?" He honestly didn't get it. Was there something wrong with him trying to help? Did it offend her? Isiah frowned in confusion. "I-I j-ju-just w-want to he-help. Th-Thats how I-I was raised I g-guess." he answered calmly.

Xenia looked down again, sitting on the ground. "No one is ever nice to me.." she said in almost an inaudible whisper.

Isiah sat in front of her and held her hands. He looked right into her eyes. "W-Well, l-lets change that o-okay?" He smiled brightly at her. He meant every word he said.

Xenia looked into his eyes. She didn't want to say yes. She wanted to run. She couldn't hurt him.... "Okay.." she said quietly, leaning forwards and resting her head on his shoulder, a sign of dependence.

Isiah wasn't expecting that but rubbed her back gently. Ill take care of you... Isiah lifted her head gently. "I-Ill show you w-where the b-bathroom is.." His face dusted a light pink as he gave her soft smile.

Xenia nodded slightly, not really taking notice of the blush, but smiling faintly. He was sweet..and nice..and...I have to protect him.. She thought to herself as she nodded slightly in agreement with his words.

Isiah stood, pulling her up with him. "This w-way." He led her, holding one of her hands in his, down the hall. Two turns to the left later and they stood in front of the door. "H-Here." It was their master bath. It had a standing shower and a jacuzzi tub, two sings, a toilet, and two closets; one was a walk in. "T-To-Towel are over here a-and extra s-soap and sh-shampoo is in this cl-closet." He directed. "I-If you ne-need something, j-just get me o-okay." He exited leaving her to shower. He pulled the cot that his best friend uses when he sleeps over out from under his bed. IF the rain didn't let up he would let Xenia take his bed and sleep on the cot.

Xenia nodded. Once Isiah left, she looked around. She knew nothing on how to work these things...it was all new to her..but it couldn't be that hard..could it? She walked to the shower and turned the nozzle. Water came from the showerhead, making her jump. She took her clothes off slowly, closing the curtain as she stepped in..but the water was cold. She frowned, looking at the nozzle. There were two colored strips.. "Oh.." she turned it over to the red side. The hot water made her feel better as she cleaned off. She shut the water off when she was done, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her. She dried herself off and slipped into the warm, comfortable clothes Isiah had offered before looking at her other clothes. "Desiern." she mumbled, and they disappeared. She left the bathroom, taking a minute or two to remember the way back to Isiah's room. The door was slightly closed, but not completely closed. She sat outside, leaning back on the wall.

It had been a while since Isiah had left the girl in the bathroom. Maybe she got lost.... Everything was set up in his room so he opened the door to find her standing in the hall. "Oh...Y-You can come b-back inside." He said opening the door all the way for her. "Y-You can have the b-be-bed. Th-The rain hasnt st-stopped yet." Isiah said turning on his television. "A-Are you hung-gry? I can m-make something t-t-to eat." He offered.

Xenia walked in slowly, looking around slightly before sitting on the floor in front of the bed. She shook her head. "i'm not hungry.." she said quietly. "I'm Xenia..by the way.."

"Okay. I-Im. Isiah." He had to force himself not to stutter out his name. It was pretty difficult to be honest. It made him frustratede a lot, that he couldn't just be normal but he wouldn't show it. Isiah sat next to Xenia and flipped through the channels trying to find something interesting. "S-So, Xenia, w-why d-do you live there? Wh-Why dont y-y-you go to a-a shelter?" He was truly concerned. IF there was someone after her trying to hurt her, he could help somehow.

Xenia looked at him with a slightly confused look. "A shelter?"

"I-Its a place f-for people t-to go when th-they dont ha-have a h-home, o-or th-they get h-hurt at h-ho-home." Isiah explained easily. He sighed softly. There wasn't anything good on. He just settled with a random channel as background noise.

Xenia looked down at the word 'home'. "But..aren't they for..people?" she phrased the question very carefully.

Isiah was confused by her question yet again. "Y-Youu're a person, a-arent y-you?" he cracked a smile showing he was joking. This girl is funny..

Xenia hugged her knees, shaking her head slightly and shifting away. "N-n...no..." she shifted further away...almost as if she was scared.

Isiah didn't speak. He watched her inch away from him like a scared animal. Earlier he had been terrified of her, with her glowing red eyes and snow white hair. But now, he knew she was just as fearful as he was. Isiah turned to face her. "W-W-Well what a-a-are you?" The rumor of the demon haunting the abandoned warehouse popped into his head. His earlier thoughts returned. Did I let the demon into my home? But, she's so nice...

Xenia sighed softly. "Y-you won't like it..." she said, curling up tighter. "Y-you'll hate me..just like everyone else.."

Isiah was saddened by her words. "N-no I pro-promise I won-wont hate you." He knew what it was like to be hated for no reason. He would never do that to someone else. Isiah moved to sit in front of her. He looked into her eyes pleading for her to tell him. Whatever it was, it surely could not be that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.