Unreal City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some changes. I hope they work.

• Thank You
Reactions: Midian
That's much better, thank you! Your character is approved :)

thanks. I can't wait to start this thing. It's very interesting. I really hope this works out with everyone.

Me too. and if you know anyone else that might be interested, please let them know!

tumblr_n7feluitzW1qj6kc8o1_500.gif

Name: Detective Daniel "Danny" Reagan
DOB: August 2nd, 2042
Height: At a stout 5'8"
Physical Description: Coming through the ranks as a cadet through Detective, he's reached many anew standards of physical strength. Somewhat short, he has a stocky build, a runner type, but not so much on the upper body: Although, the years as a cadet still show him some tricks as a cop.

Psychic Type: ESP (Extra Sensory Perception)

Family/Friends/Other: A divorced wife and two kids, one thirteen and the other ten, a father who retired from the Irish Police, a dead mother, a younger brother who used to work for the police but became a lawyer, a sister who is an assistant manager at a hotel, an older grandfather who is a stay at home, another older brother who is dead, and a niece who is off to college.

Interests/Hobbies: He enjoyed family Sunday dinners, but after the wife divorced him due to his PTSD as a result of two tours in the Marines at Fallujah due to a large nuclear war crisis that was averted, he no longer began to enjoy them. He enjoys doing his Detective work, doing the good things in life, and always solving a case in order to make the afflicted party feel or be better than he was

Personality: Danny is a generally talkative man, with his bed side manners stored away, and his sarcastic and more fun loving self out, he sometimes remembers the events at Fallujah and sometimes will ignore people due to the memories. He has a very large temper and anger management problem as well.

Dislikes: He dislikes that his wife divorced him, he dislikes the memories of Fallujah, he dislikes the biggest of them all, letting the bad guys win, or the bad guys winning

Fears/Phobias: Due to the PTSD,his main fear is the memories of war. He's not so afraid of dying, as long as he can help the victim or assailant calm down and be better than what they were, as well as losing his two sons he has not been able to see

Strengths/Skills: His biggest strength is Detective/Investigative work, as well as shooting (Pistols and rifles generally). He is also prominent in police tactics and CQC.

Weaknesses: His strength isn't the best, but it's enough to get the job done. He also has a weakness of when someone, like a victim, is hurt, he will stop at nothing to capture the man, maybe do some illegal things such as a momentary beat down, and book 'em to Central.

History: Danny has an estranged family history, with much to tell but much kept quiet. His great grandfather was in the Irish Royal Air Force during World War I, and during WWII, his grandfather emigrated with his family to the US, where his grandfather signed up for the Army and stormed the beaches during the Normandy invasion. His father was then in the Marines as a Vietnam Vet, and Danny was a Marine in Iraq for two tours, where he later came back to see his kids and wife happily. During troubling times due to PTSD, he would occasionally fight with his wife and get mad over little things, where his wife divorced him and took the children. Devastated, he signed up for the TCPD as a way to correct the wrong and make others do the right thing, and not take the path Danny made in his destruction of life. He went to the academy, graduated 7th of his class, and rose the ranks through hard work, and Detective work which landed him a spot as Detective Grade 2 (Equivalent of Police Officer 2 with Investigative authority).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Awesome! I'll be glad to roleplay in this! I've been wanting to freshen up my Detective skills x3

Oh, quick note @ResistingTheEnlightened - The year is 2073 in the RP, so your character would have to have been born in 2042. If you want to keep him as a combat veteran, I think all you need to do is make the wars some fictional ones and you'll be set!

Don't forget the stuff you mention in his history too, his father would have had to be inhumanly old to have served in Vietnam and the like. Maybe switch all the wars you mention to fictional ones, or perhaps have his great grandfather in Vietnam and so forth. It's up to you :)

This looks like an interesting rp. But I'm a little confused on how the psychic abilities are going to be used. Based on the way it was explained, the rp has an inception feel to it instead of a push feel.

Some editing still needed

sonique_is_bae__by_ari_nevermore-d933oqq.png

Name: Sonique Raven McMicheals
DOB: 5/23/2047
Height: 6'1"
Physical Description: Sonique is a tall, busty woman with a very athletic build. As a woman among a large number of men, she often pushes herself to be better than most.

Psychic Type: Medium

Family/Friends/Other: Her Mother and Father disowned her and threw her on the street when her gifts surfaced. (She is open to friends. PM me.)
Interests/Hobbies: She quite enjoys her undercover work as a 'travelling' showgirl as it is some of the few times where she allows herself to be feminine and fun instead of serious. However, She also enjoys boxing and mixed martial arts as well as doing the few field assignments she still gets from time to time.
Personality: Sonique is a very independent woman, she hates getting help from others because she thinks they will see her as weak. She is also has quite the temper, as someone who would punch you before she yells at you. However, she does have her moments when she is one of the nicest people you will meet. Sonique also has a really bad habit of getting into people's personal space without permission and without a care more often than not.

Dislikes: Misogynists, logically stupid people, letting criminals escape unscathed. dealing with overly dramatic people.
Fears/Phobias: Total Silence and complete loss of sight, it traps her in her head which often leads to her Lemurian flashes.

Strengths/Skills: Hand to hand combat, Surprising strength, flexibility and agility
Weaknesses: Children, Overly focused (to the point of forgoing food, water and sleep), Questionable morals as she will stop at nothing to catch a perp, even if it means taking illegal actions. People that remind her of her past, her accent, Lemurian flashes.

History: Sonique was born in a small, souther town where everyone knew one another and someone couldn't go to the store without the entire town knowing exactly what they bought. She was raised the only girl in a family of six boys, not counting her father. As such she was always a bit different from the other girls, always a bit too muscular or strong or 'boyish' for them but it never bothered her. Her life was fairly average until she began getting these random flashes of images, most being random numbers or disturbing images of gore and death. It wasn't until her and her friends decided to do a seance as a joke, where she allowed the spirit of a verbally abusive drunk to temporarily inhabit her body, that she discovered her abilities as a medium. Her family panicked at the presence of a "Freak" in the family and kicked her out.

Needless to say she was heartbroken but tried her best to move on. In doing so she moved herself to Thunder City where she lived on the streets and did what she had to to survive; everything from selling candy to selling drugs to selling her body. She was lucky enough that one day, when she was trying to stop a 'client' whom was abusing his young son for having the same abilities as his mother, that Detective Daniel Reagan was searching for the scum bag and had found them just in time to stop him from killing her and the child. After explaining her situation to him, he took her under his wing and helper her get cleaned up. Inspired by him, Sonique sought to become a psychic detective herself.

Now she works as a PIA and is partnered with Detective Reagan​

• Love
@Victor Markov - I'm not familiar with Push, but the psychic abilities help them deal with subjects, solve mysteries, defend themselves, and create the dreamspaces they'll explore.

@Megane Boi- Looks good! She's approved!

Okay folks, that fills all of the roles needed for now. If someone doesn't post in the IC thread for the round of introductory posts by, let's say, 8/1, I'll re-open that slot. Posting in the IC thread means you've read, understood, and agree to the rules, so please practice good player etiquette and all that jazz.

So the way the game will run is that I'm going to run the first two cases to give you guys a feel of what I'm looking for. As we start the second case, I'd either like one of us or a guest player to run the 3rd case and so forth. Ideally we'll all take turns running cases. Plotting a case should only be done in PM to retain the mystery >:)

So while I get an IC thread up and flesh out the first case, let's talk about:

What events would really have an impact on your character?
  • A fear or phobia?
  • Confronting a source or denial or shame?
  • Loss of a friend/family member/loved one?
  • Personal trauma, in the past or happening in the present?
  • Something else?
  • Failure? And if so, what kind?

Failure, mainly by failing those he is supposed to protect and save

Personal trauma, due to a military background,

Loss of his side of the family and his kids. As well as Sonique as he tries to teach her to be a role model (I did give consent for us to be partners in this sort.)

• Love
I take it that I'm too late to post a cs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll do that and work on a cs just in case someone has to leave the rp for one reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.