Unpopular opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody's big on social media these days, but not me. I absolutely despise social media, more specifically the big name ones. I don't ever plan on having a facebook or twitter, and even then, if I did have it, those two social media networks would be the first passwords I'd forget in a short period of time because I just don't care.

I do not plan on having children and cannot stand being around them.

Pineapple on pizza is fantastic. Suck it, Italian pizza snobs.

I'd rather have a small and light pick up truck than a full sized one and I have zero interest in sports cars.

I think international sporting events should be restricted to countries that have the infrastructure, because the vast amounts of money spent on those events would be better spent on the local communities. Qatar is known for human rights abuses, so FIFA is a bunch of soulless dumpster trash that doesn't give a shit about the common people, and this last Olympics in Rio ended up evicting a shitload of poverty-level neighbourhoods just to make tourist attractions. Think some poor kid in the favelas are ever going to be able to afford to see their team play in the Olympics? It's a rich man's hobby.

I honestly cannot for the life of me understand the appeal of Steven Universe, and I actually watched a few episodes to give it a chance.

I try not to pay much attention past the general gist of current events and generally avoid online discussions. It's just not healthy.

Whatever platform you play games on doesn't matter. Everything has it's perks and you should go with whatever has the games that appeal to you. I own a Wii U, Xbox One, and a gaming PC and enjoy them all fairly equally.

People shit on George Lucas a lot for what he did with the Star Wars prequels, but at least he tried to give audiences something new and try something different. They didn't age well (especially the CGI), but RotS was one of the best Star Wars movies and the Clone Wars TV series was actually incredible at times.

I think Battlefield 1 is going to be a pretty big disappointment, and people need to stop feeding EA's crappy DLC practices.

While I don't think Future Warfare will be a bad game, Call of Duty actually meant something when it used historical settings and the newest title would actually be well received if it weren't perceived as a heartless yearly cash grab that's running out of ideas.

I don't give a single shit about fancy cars or elitist standards that real drivers drive standard. You're just as bad as console fanboys with more expensive toys.

I cannot stand the taste of coffee.

On that note, people who have the attitude of "Don't talk to me before I have my coffee" or any other mentality that implies they have a free slate to act like a miserable cunt and expect to be approved because of it are terrible assholes who have a socially validated addiction. If you need coffee to not be a gaping asshole to people, you have a problem.

I would not want to be a colonist to Mars. I like fresh air, water, and the ability to travel over being stuck in a highly lethal environment in a small settlement where you can never go outside without a suit and you're stuck eating the same food all the time while drinking recycled piss and shower water and breathing recirculated air for the rest of my life.

Plus, I want some goddamn potato chips once in a while. There's no convenience stores on Mars and you're stuck with the same people every single day with a 2 day delay for internet so goodbye internet friends. If you dislike your fellow colonists you are fucked and there is no way you'll ever return to Earth.

I think diamonds are an antiquated and exploitive practice for engagement rings that only became a cultural thing because it was marketed that way. I'd rather an engagement ring be something that's unique and appealing for whoever I propose to.

...Shit. I rambled.

@Dervish - you get a heart for pineapples :P

• Love
Reactions: Dervish
Strict grammar and linguistic traditions are silly. Language is naturally pliable and should be played with. "Ain't" is a great word. (So is "moist".) :slug:

Strict grammar and linguistic traditions are silly. Language is naturally pliable and should be played with. "Ain't" is a great word. (So is "moist".) :slug:
LEWD.

Everything you need to know can be learned by doing research online.

Reactions: Aelita

English originated as a rule devoid peasant tongue back in the day when England was ruled by French nobility. It's part of why it's structured so differently and is backwards compared to all the other Latin languages because it was super informal and utterly wrong on so many levels.

And now it's pretty much the de facto world language. Point one: literate guy shoveling horse crap off the streets, no points: aristocracy.

And now it's pretty much the de facto world language. Point one: literate guy shoveling horse crap off the streets, no points: aristocracy.
Has absolutely everything to do with the fact that you can say anything with any words in English, if you use the right tone. For a language with informal roots, it has some pretty damn long legs.

Reactions: Greenie
Has absolutely everything to do with the fact that you can say anything with any words in English, if you use the right tone. For a language with informal roots, it has some pretty damn long legs.

Absolutely. It's such an interesting language, makes me wish I stuck with French to really appreciate both.

I actually favor the Star Wars prequels (though I admit they kinda half assed the ending)

I actually favor the Star Wars prequels (though I admit they kinda half assed the ending)

I think the problem with prequels is you end up having everyone know how it turns out and who survives. They had to line everything up to lead into A New Hope, so they kinda screwed themselves trying to rush everything in place.

Anyone whom isn't a grammatical purist should be placed in the town's stocks and flogged.
Or at least given a firm slap on the wrist.

I don't really find the French, Italian or British accents sexy. Give me the South Asian accent any day.

Honesty is not always the best policy.

While I did enjoy it.. I think the Lego movie is overrated and over hyped.

Last edited:
Anyone whom isn't a grammatical purist should be placed in the town's stocks and flogged.
Or at least given a firm slap on the wrist.
Anyone who tries to be a grammatical purist whilst making a common mistake should be mocked severely for their folly.

You use 'who' when you're referring to the subject of a sentence, and 'anyone' is the subject of the above sentence. 'Whom' is only for referring to objects of sentences, and it's falling so far out of use to be near the point of being archaic since usage of 'who' in all cases has become acceptable in common English usage. :P

Anyone who tries to be a grammatical purist whilst making a common mistake should be mocked severely for their folly.

You use 'who' when you're referring to the subject of a sentence, and 'anyone' is the subject of the above sentence. 'Whom' is only for referring to objects of sentences, and it's falling so far out of use to be near the point of being archaic since usage of 'who' in all cases has become acceptable in common English usage. :P
Archaic English is undisputedly the best variety of English!
:P

While I did enjoy it.. I think the Lego movie is overrated and over hyped.

We can no longer be friends. :[

Everything is not awesome here.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
I don't believe in culture appropriation.
Mario games fuel my will to die.
If you are an otaku you are a weeaboo; I am not balls deep into yaoi/yuri as half the anime community is.
Oreos are not that hecking great.

Another Radiohead one. This is for the fans, though. Pablo Honey and The Bends are overrated. They're albums that The Pixies or Nirvana could've done in their sleep, and Radiohead really came into their own when they started adding pianos or electronica influences. As completely analog sad alt-rockers, they're dry. Their best records are Moon Shaped Pool and OK Computer, Kid A coming in third.

Waterworld is the greatest cinematic achievement to ever exist.

Similarly, fried eggplant/zucchini is the greatest culinary achievement to ever exist.

I don't even dislike pork and bacon for religious reasons, I'm agnostic. They're just boring and overhyped. Chicken and lamb are where it's at.

I want less stories where the main character is too cool for school, and the writer acts like it's a crime to have them express emotions. Those are the most basic human experiences, and they bleed into everything. Swearing them off to make a guy look 'manly' with no greater depth is just dumb and makes the writer look like a boring person. I don't care if your world is fully fleshed out and engaging, if this is our price of entry, it's a little too high for me.

Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.