Unpopular Opinions: Movie Edition

Frozen. I just can't understand the hype around it, I don't like the plot and I don't like the characters. Nope. Nah-uh. Every time I say this around people, they give me the stare that could kill but honestly, I thought it was the most clichée movie of all time and it got more hype than it deserved. I get that it's Disney and it's supposed to be all happy turning somewhat sad in the last 20 minutes to turn into a happy ending, but I just couldn't get myself to like it ùwú... The only character that I enjoyed was Olaf.

Blade Runner (the original one, not the recent sequel or whatever it is) is a boring pile of garbage. The cinematography was great and it deserves all the praise for that, but everything else was just terrible. I watched through it to the end only because I expected the ending to be spectacular to explain all the hype, but no, that was pretty dull too.

Avatar (the blue aliens one) was a similar case, but instead it was just pretty CGI stuff and the story was boring because it's a rehash of a dozen other films that have been wrapped around an environmentalist premise. FernGully did the "movie as environmental protection advocacy" thing better like two decades before Avatar with a fraction of the budget.

M. Night Shyamalan didn't become a shitty filmmaker over time as I've seen a lot of people say in not so many words, he's always been bad. The Sixth Sense sucked despite being regarded as one of his best works, the twist was not surprising if you paid any attention to the movie. The only movie he's made that wasn't crap was Unbreakable.