Universes Across

Status
Not open for further replies.
She nodded, smiling. She was counting on him keeping her hand in his. His was warm, soft. She liked it. At the question about time, she pulled out her phone again and looked at it.

"8:22. So we'd better get a move on," she giggled. There honestly was no rush. She was just in a playful mood now.

Alex pulled her gently to her feet, still holding her hand. "I guess we should." he said, giving her a mini-hug before, still holding her hand, he started towards the cafe, his pace slower, more relaxed. He felt calm, cool as he held her hand. He walked close to her, swinging their hands loosely as they walked. "What's your favorite color?" he asked, the question seemingly out of the blue.

"Ummm... Brown. Various shades and tints. Tan is nice, and deep brown I like a lot." She hummed, allowing her arm the full swing Alex was making. She had to keep her stride long so she could match his steps. "Or blue. Robin's egg blue."

She looked over at him, not skipping a beat, "What about you?"

Alex smiled. "I like really dark blues or really dark greens. They're pretty. Dark blue reminds me of the ocean, dark green of the trees." he said, looking back at her with a soft smile. "Do you like music?" he asked, running his thumb over her hand as he swung thier arms.

"Yes, but what kind are you referring to?" She asked, staring up at him. He had a good few inches on her, but that was okay. She wasn't self-conscious about height, after all. A small smile came to her lips when she felt his thumb brush the back of her hand. Rather forward, she thought. "Because there are some genres that I don't particularly care for," she continued, "and I would like to know before I accidentally dash your hopes and dreams."

She laughs, dramatically swinging her legs out as they walked. This was turning out to be a nice day, despite the fact that her routine was all out of whack by this point. To hell with routines, at least for today!

Alex beamed. "Well, you can't dash any of my hopes or dreams, dear." he chuckled a little. "I'm open to almost any kind of music, I listen to it, and mostly I like it...except current rap." his face went dead serious a moment. "That stuff needs to be fixed." he smiled again. Current rap was the only music he refused to listen to. He smiled at her laugh. The sound of it was..beautiful. He wanted to spend his entire day with her. She was pretty and nice and funny..shhh. Concentrate. He told himself mentally. "Any type of favorite genre, in general do you like to listen to music, just..do you like music? I don't know what exactly that's referring to..." he laughed.

She smiled. Good answer. In the end, she was left thinking.

"Classical. I'd have to say that string quartets are my absolute favorite. Easiest to work with. Good to fall asleep to." She nodded, then fixed a calculated gaze on Alex. "Do you like rain?"

Another random question. She would be okay if that's how they spent their morning: shooting random questions at each other until they knew enough about the other to write a small profile about them. Sounded about right. Kept things entertaining at the very least, especially with off-the-wall questions. She wondered if there would be any of those. So far these have been pretty standard, even though unprovoked.

Alex's smile widened. "I absolutely love rain. It's so calm and peaceful, unpredictable, yet almost innocent, when you think about it. It never truly means to flood, only it's collection creates floods. As it falls, it only means to rehydrate..and in such a beautiful form..." he sighed softly. Rain was his favorite type of precipitation. "What about you? Do you like rain?" He asked, looking at her with curious, twinkling blue eyes. His expression softened slightly at her smile,

She nodded, choosing not to say anything. Her eyes looked up at the sky, almost hoping that clouds would suddenly mosey in to blot out the bright morning they were having. She looked over at Alex again and smiled.

"I adore the rain. Storms are soothing, just feeling the chaotic nature whirling around the atmosphere. Good to sleep to, as well. I really like to sleep." She giggles. "But there are times when it's so inspiring, and you feel so creatively charged, like the lightning is an electricity that just zings through your being with such sharp purpose.."

She fell silent again, almost amused with herself. She couldn't help but get a little poetic with this guy. It was almost annoying for her, and she was so sure that it would start to get annoying or boring for him. She'd have to be more careful about that.

Alex chuckled. "I know exactly what you mean." he said, rubbing her shoulder with his thumb on the arm around her shoulder. He looked up at the sky, closing his eyes a moment before pulling her closer to him just as another biker zipped by..only he didn't release her when the biker was gone. He held her close to his side, but it was a gentle hold as they walked.

He sighed softly, opening his eyes and looking forwards. "We're almost to the end of the trail." he said, sounding almost disappointed. "Did you drive, or walk?" he asked curiously. The walk downtown was pretty long, and it was starting to get hot outside. His car was in the parking lot, so if she wanted, he could drive her with him. If she had driven, he could lead the way in his car, either way he was okay. He smiled softly at her, his expression gentle.

She delighted in feeling his body press against hers. He was firm, yet soft. A nice contradiction.

"I walked. My apartment isn't far from here, and I never mind the trip downtown." She gave a shrug of her shoulder and looked up. "What about yourself? I know not everyone enjoys walking so much."

Alex nodded. "I think a nice walk is fine..I drove here..people don't pay too much attention driving in my neighborhood sometimes." He said, holding her close, lightly rubbing her shoulder. "Your really cute..you know.." he said, his voice suddenly shy and a small, nervous blush on his face as he kept his eyes ahead, smiling. I think I like her.. He thought to himself.

Kimber stiffened and looked up at him. What a strange thing to tell someone they just met. Or at least, that's how it felt to her. She looked away and chewed her lip. Well, he was good looking, she would admit.

"Thanks," was all she said. Way to be awkward, Kimber. "You're not bad looking, yourself."

That was sure to make things uncomfortable. Dangit.

"Well, we could drive there, if you don't want to walk or leave you car behind too long."

Good plan. Change the subject, make things comfortable again. She mentally sighed. She could be really stupid sometimes.

Alex noticed how she stiffened and he loosened his arm around her shoulder a little. He blushed slightly more at her response and looked up. "I don't mind walking." he said. Don't say something stupid again.. He told himself mentally. He watched the sky, the few wispy clouds that drifted lazily by, the shining sun that burned the sky. He took a deep breath of the fresh air. "So..uhh...how long have you lived here?" he asked, still looking at the sky.

"A couple of months. Moved here for work, ended up not really needing to." She gave her laptop bag a fond pat. "I really like it here."

She smiled, relaxing again. Not so bad. He was honest, and it made her feel a little better. Flattered, even. She found herself smiling a little.

"The walk shouldn't take too long, and it's a nice day. It'll be a refreshing trip. You seem like the kind that could use a relaxing stroll."

Status
Not open for further replies.