Universal Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keelard looked at Kip and smiled a bit. "I actually think they eat it. I think it might be like the bloche that we eat on my home world." Keelard answered Kip, staying in the Mottledan language. The crew members standing there amazed at the language they are hearing. Keelard knew Kip could speak a lot of languages, but he wasn't sure if the young Mottledan could speak Crystian, the Crystallian native language.
"Please Sit." Captain Shepard offered, as he sat down. The rest of the people sat down, they were all of different races, three humans that Keelard could see. Keelard walked over to an empty seat and sat down. He watched as everyone grabbed some food and passed the dishes around. As they came by Keelard, he took a little, just incase he didn't like the food. He was starting to think that Shepard was really wanting to talk and learn from him and Kip.

Kip climbed up into the chair and watched the others talk and start to share the meal. He tried to get things onto his plate but the larger plates and bowls that were passed around kept going right past him. At long last he couldn't take it and didn't want a lovely bowl of mixed greens to get away. He hopped up onto his seat and stood there.

"Stop." He told the person that was holding the bowl. The man just blinked not understand the languge but understanding the gesture and held the bowl in place. Kip reached out and took the tongs in his little hands and heaped four scoops onto his plate. He was so excited that he didn't feel the stares of the other guest. Some of them were giggling with joy watching him. The man had gone from scared to happy as he watched Kip load up his plate.

"Hey Captain. I think he is a vegetarian what do you think?" He chuckled and looked down the table. A few others chuckled too.

"Here give him some of these see if he will eat it?"

"I wonder what he else he will eat."

"Not meat I can tell you that. Look the bowl is nearly empty." The man chuckled and passed it back to be refilled.

Kip paid no mind to them as he went to a kneeling position and started to eat. He didn't use the forks that were there. He used his hands. A few seemed put off by this but then again his hands were like that of humans and by design holding a fork would have been very difficult indeed.

Keelard tried hard not to laugh as Kip piled veggies onto his plate. He didn't like how the others were talking bout him as if Kip was an experiment. Only the Captain knew hat Keelard spoke human.
"Enough of that. He's not an experiment." Keelard demanded. Everyone stopped and stared at the lad in shock. There was such a silence that a pin dropping could be heard. After a moment or two, they sat the plates down and went to eating. Keelard watched Kip for a while, not touching his own plate. Keelard was hungry, but the welfare of the Mottledan came before his own welfare.

As Kip ate he discovered something strange in the mix of greens and pulled it out. He held it up to show Keelard. "Look, look at this. What is it?" He giggled and showed it to him. The green pea pod wiggled around in his small paw for a moment as he stared at it and then sniffed it.

"I think something is inside it?" Kip sat all the way down and started to open the Snow pea pod. It was a rather large one and he very intrigued by it. The small green orbs inside were very tender and one popped on him.

The woman next to him chuckled. "Never seen one of those huh little guy?" she seemed kind and watched him. "It's called a Snow Pea. It's safe to eat whole." Kip just looked at her and blinked. The woman had one on her plate and showed him eating hers slowly. He watched her and looked at Keelard.

"She ate it!" He giggled and she blushed. The woman looked over at Keelard with soft eyes and blushed.

"He is so sweet. What did he say?" She asked him.

Kip nibbled a bit more as the other ate. He looked over at Keelard.

"You going to eat?" Kip was now worried over Keelard seeing that he wasnt eating.

Keelrd smiled when Kip was surprised that the woman ate the snow pea. He looked at the woman and thought for a moment. "He's surpsied you ate that green thing." Keelard looked down at his plate when Kip asked him if he was eating and nodded some. He began to eat the food that he had placed on the plate. He listened quietly to what everyone was talking about, some were talking about duty, others talked about the races that they have ran into, and others were quiet, and watched Kip and Keelard.

Kip looked around the room and watched the others too. He smiled and then started to get bored. Looking over at Keelard he sat up a bit more and softly spoke to him in his own native language. It sounded like he was singing and it made him blush and cover his little face for a moment but then he cleared his throat and started over just to make sure that he was getting it right.

"Are we going home soon?" He asked Keelard. His ears perked up so he could hear his reply.

"I ate and we didn't fight so we can go right?" He smiled and hoped that what he was saying was right. Kip felt the woman next to him watching him with delight. He blushed and giggled. He knew that what he said sounded like singing to some.

Keelard perked up once he heard the Crystallian language. He looked around to see who it was, then realized that it was Kip. "We don't speak that language." Keelard said, reverting back to the Mottledan language. "I have a feeling that we're not going to be able to leave any time soon, but I promise that I will get you home." Keelard added. When Keelard made promises, he kept them, or he would die trying.
"So, we haven't been told your names, though you know ours. It's just as polite." The Captain asked. Keelard looked at the man and thought for a moment.
"I am Keelard, and this is Kip." Keelard answered saying nothing more then that.

(I do apologize for the delay, I've been busy and exhausted trying to get onto this new schedule, and it took me some time, but I'm on it now and will post more often.)

Kip's ears went down a little. "Oh, ok. Um do they have any Jun Junca chips? They have everything maybe they have them here and I don't seem them." Kip slowly got to his feet and stood on his chair to have a look around the table. He leaned forward and looked to his right and left.

"Do they have any on your side Keelard?" He asked softly. The woman next to him giggled and blushed.

"Would he like more salad?"

A few others noticed him and they too started to look around the table. No one knew what they were looking for but they looked too.

"What are we looking for?" "Is it a game?" The chattering started and a few giggled.

"Oh he is so cute." The others took note of him and smiled. A few stopped eating and looked around.

Keelard shook his head and looked at the others. "He wants umm....Chips. You don't happen to have them?" Keelard tried his best to translate the item Kip was looking for.
"What kind of chips?" One guy asked. Keelard was quiet for a moment, trying to figure out how to say that in human. "Umm...Ju...Jun Junaca Chips." Keelard translated wrong.

"Oh, well we haven't any sort of treat like that in a very long time. We might be able to get some if we stop at a space port. You will have to ask the Captain." He young man offered a small smile but as it faded away Kip watched and knew the answer. His ears went down and he hopped down from the massive chair.

He padded around the table towards Keelard. "Can we go now? I don't like the rest of the things on the table and I'm…" He softly rubbed his eye and yawned.

"I want to go home too. Are we going home?" He blinked and rubbed his neck looking super sleepy after such a huge meal. The others watched him but some of them had already left the table to go back to their post and duties across the ship.

Keelard slowly stood up and nodded to everyone. "I youcan point us to our ship, we'll be on our way. Thank you for the meal." Keelard said. Everyone looked at each other and their smiles faded.
"You don't have a ship. I am afraid you're with us until the next port." The captain said. Keelard nodded and looked to Kip and translated the message for him. "We do have an open quarters that you can stay in for the meantime. The security officer, Lt. Dalta will show youthe way there." The captain added. Keelard nodded and followed the Lt, but stopped at the door to wait for Kip.

Kip looked down at the floor and tried hard to understand that they were stuck on this ship until the next port. He didn't like feeling so trapped. Things were different and he didn't like being outnumbered by so many that were bigger. He wanted to go home and his emotions were getting the better of his reasoning. His pouting was slipping into anger as he thought about his family and his home.

Grumbling he hugged his arms across his chest and started to follow Keelard. He hated everything suddenly. Why weren't they just allowed to take a ship? Maybe they could. His mind started to race as he thought on it more and more. His eyes shifted from side to side as he passed by the tall strangers. Many of them had strange expressions and different colored uninforms. That had to mean something. If he could find out.

His ears picked up on the distant hissing and humming of ships being sent off from another deck on what had to be patrols. This ship that they were on was large. He knew that much. As he followed this other Officer he kept his idea to himself. He was still moody and his ears gave him away. They were low as they went down the crowded hallway. Twice Kip was nearly lost in the all the movement.

Keelard saw that Kip was upset and gave him a soft smile. "Everything will be fine, We'll get to the next port, get off of this ship and look for a ship that we can use to get you home. There is nothing to worry about. I'm certainly not going to let you get harmed in anyway." Keelard said trying to reassure the young Mottledan that he was safe with Keelard.

"I want to take a ship now and go." He huffed and pouted. His ears dipping the lowest they had ever been. Something inside of him felt trapped and restless. As they were lead to their sleeping quarters Kip watched the Officer and studied how some got in and out of different areas of the ship. It was huge but he could see that some had just codes for doors while others had to use both codes and card keys.

"Well here is your room and it has two beds. In here is a small shower and toilet. It comes with everything we think you might need. If you find that you need anyone at any hour just press this button right here." He showed them on the panel near the door and smiled. Kip felt like a prisoner already. His trust level was dropping by the second.

"Sleep well." The officer was turning to leave when Kip got a random idea. Just a half second before the Officer was gone from sight Kip cried out and fell over.

The young Officer came running back in. His badge and cardkey hung low off his belt right near Kips paw. Kip lay there for a moment and blinked. He moaned softly. His eyes twitching for effect. He had knocked over a chair in his theatrics and then without warning he sneezed in the young man's face.

"Oh gross…. Are you sick? I hope I didn't catch anything. Do you have to back to sickbay?"

Kip huffed and rolled over.

"Ok, you can move. Don't be so clumsy next time." The Officer left to busy cleaning his face to realize that Kip had just stolen his badge and cardkey. With a smirk he looked at Keelard.

"Let's see if we can steal a ship. I want to go home."

Keelard rushed to Kip's aid as the young mottledan fell. He had no idea what was going on and they the officer was starting to get rude. "I think we'll be fine, you should leave." Keelard said just as the officer turned away. Keelard looked around the room and heard Kip tell him the idea of stealing a ship. It would have been a lie if Keelard said it was a bad idea.
"Kip, I think we should stay for a little while. We need to get more information on this ship and these creatures. From what I have seen, it appears that they are getting closer to Mottledan territory, and if so, we need to know what the strength and weakness of this ship is. After we get enough intell, we'll steal a ship and get out a warning. I don't remember much after the battle, but it's only been a few weeks, so everything should be good. I like your idea, plus it gives me some time to scope out the jets and see how to operate them." Keelard said reassuring Kip, and not knowing that it's a few thousand years after that battle.

(I am so sorry for not repling, I've been really busy trying to find an apartment and getting ready to move.)

Kip looked up at Keelard and sighed. He nodded understanding and giving into him. Keelard was in command after all and was to look after him. He had his orders and that was to listen to Keelard. No matter how badly he wanted to run off and get away from these strange beings he had to wait. It was just so hard. Kip thought for a moment and wanted to say something but the door to their room opened he looked up.

"No I dont know where it is ok" The Officer from before marched into the room all mad.

"I dropped it someplace I'll find it just shup up and he is the one that sneezed on me. I think he is sick. Scan him." He told another crew member that stepped up with some odd looking device.

"Don't come close to me!" Kip ran behind a chair and ducked down.

"Just get him." The Officer ordered and the crewmen started to close on Kip. "If he is sick we have to have him checked out. It's the way it works here."

Kip looked at Keelard and lowered his ears. "I'm not sick they just stink." He covered his nose.

Keelard kicked the hand of the med officer away from Kip. He then stepped between them ready to fight if need be. "I suggest you just back away." Keelard ordered. He wasn't going to let something happen on his watch, not now and not ever. The two officers moved closer to Keelard. "Kip, I think they are going to want to fight when you get the chance, get out and hide, and don't come out until I come get you. Do you understand?" Keelard spoke in the Mottledan language. H didn't have a chance to hear a reply before both the officers jumped at him. He did his best to keep them busy so that Kip could get away.

Kip bloted for the door and scrambled out. His claws digging for traction as he almost fell. A woman in the hallway screamed as he ran past her.

"What was that?" She pointed at him and he hissed at her. Kip was sick of being nice. He ran full on at a smaller Officer on the ship and pounced him from behind. Without warning he started to choke the man. He was just about to black out when Kip released his hold on him and jumped off. He was small but fast and his style of fighting was more animal like than anything else. His ears were flat to his head with rage.

He clawed at the Officers side to get his weapon. It was an odd looking thing but he could use it. Grabbing it he held it close and just as two other Officers came around the corner Kip hissed at them and he started to charge them. Confused the pair backed up and ran. Kip didnt go after them. Instead he ran back to Keelard. He stood in the doorway and tried to aim the weapon.

"I... I got this." He called out to him between breaths. Kip was fired up watching the fighting. He growled and wanted to help Keelard but one of the men was already down. "Do I.... how do it work?" He panted and blinked. His eyes were not blinking independently of the other with his rapid heart rate.

Keelard knocked the second officer out cold shortly after Kip ran back into the room. He saw what Kip had in his hands and slowly rose his hands. "Kip can you put that thing down. I am not a threat." Keelard softly spoke. He knew that his friend was very angry and scared, and would do anything to feel better, but Keelard didn't want to be shot, especially by a weapon he had no idea what would do.
"Calm down, I am on your side and they wont hurt you. I promise, if we have too, we will steal one of their shuttles and leave. I just need to find out where we are exactly."

Kip looked at the weapon in his claws and shrugged. "Ok… do you want it?" He wasn't sure what it did it either. It looked rather neat with different colors and buttons on it.

"I like how small this is but I'll let you use it first ok." He was still rather hyper from his first attack of the officer but he could feel the fear in Keelard's tone and set the weapon the table.

"I just want to go home. I'm not bad. I know you're on my side. Why won't they just say we can go? Where is our ship? Don't we have one? I can't remember anything?" Kip rubbed his head and felt a headache coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.