Unique Harry Potter RP Idea

A

agrim.falls

Original poster
Boy, I sure hope Harry Potter RPs are still relevant...

Anyway, I'm Agrim and I've got about 7 years of roleplay experience online as well as tabletop RPG experience. I have, what I consider to be a fairly cool idea for a fandom rp plot that I honestly haven't seen before. I'll go over the plot first, then the administrative stuff.

The year is 1996 and the Hogwarts school year has just begun. Muggleborn, 5th year, Ravenclaw student Judy Reynolds spent his summer playing the classic game, Dungeons and Dragons, with his friends. After returning to the wizarding world he just couldn't bear to give up his new favorite game, so he decided to start his own campaign with some of his peers at Hogwarts. One way or another our characters all end up in the group, whether they're excited about playing or not, and at first it just seems like a harmless game. It would turn out though that the notebook Judy uses to plan his plot and take notes in is a rare artifact that he shouldn't have been able to get his hands on. It's a journal that allows whatever is written within becomes a prophecy that will later come true to some varying degree. This is learned by our characters a short while after playing when creatures that the professors have no knowledge of (as they are D&D monsters) show up to attack the school. Because Judy would be such a thorough planner though, it doesn't matter if the group stops playing, it's all meant to happen, so they do their best in the game to overcome the plot points in order to try to stop them from being destructive in real life.

So that's the idea! Here are a few rules/requests that I really ask you to read before contacting me!
~First of all, you would NOT need any knowledge of D&D to RP this. We can really go as in depth or shallow as you'd like into the mechanics of the game. Any info that you would need to know for this RP I can tell you.

~The one thing we will be including into the RP is dice rolls (basically ability checks to see how well our characters character did at a certain thing). You don't actually have to roll a dice/use a number generator for your characters' checks, but if you don't, please don't make them automatically succeed at everything, that's no fun. I will be rolling and adding that bit of randomness to my characters' side.

~I would like to include romance for this RP. I prefer canon/oc pairings and therefore ask for you to play Neville Longbottom for my male oc. Yes, it's slash, but in return I will play anyone for your character OC or canon if you would like to double.

~I give what I get. I'd classify myself on average as semi-lit, but if you give me a novel I'll give one right back. I'd say at the minimum I'd ask for a paragraph if there is a lot of back and forth dialogue going at the time (there's nothing worse than your OC saying something to mine but whatever I reply is meaningless because you went 5 paragraphs ahead afterwards) but otherwise 2-3 seems like a good minimum.

~I'm pretty busy IRL, so while I will try to fit 2-4 replies a week, once a week is all I can promise.

And that's everything! I look forward to RPing with you!