Unfortunate Consequences (MiNaGi & Shyblade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I know I shouldn't have run away... I'm sorry, I really am. It's like a fear planted deep inside me, moving my body without my consent. I wish I could pack it away in a box and throw it into the sea." He smiled bitterly and got on his feet, focusing the one eye that was visible on her. "But you can hit me if you would like. It's not like it's the first time someone has done that. If you're that frustrated over me, then take it out on me. I have long ago stopped caring what happens to me. Foolish indeed... I've been unable to hold on. I wanted friendships, and somehow to be allowed to love someone, even with a body going against common beliefs. But I was wrong all along. Apparently, I'm not allowed to love in this world. So that's why, if you want to beat me up, go ahead. I won't strike back." He looked absolutely hopeless as he was standing there, with his side leaned against the tree. He had probably gone mad already, and maybe he was just waiting for a diagnose. For someone to tell him that he was messed up, that he was sick, that there was some cure to being a freak.

Somehow, he knew that this wouldn't be the case. He'd just end up getting himself hurt again. He wanted to speak up and tell her something else, but instead he just took hold of his own arms, pulling himself off the tree and standing with his back against her.
"... If it isn't obvious already, I'm weak. I'm a coward. I can't face things directly. I run away before anyone manage to learn my name and get under my skin. I live in constant fear. Fear that if I let anyone see what kind of person is hiding behind my physical body, it will be used against me. Sounds a bit paranoid, now that I get to say it out loud..." He sighed hopelessly and let his hand run through his hair, as the wind blew his long coat as if he was enveloped in black smoke. "... And if not today... one day, I'll run away again."

Her teeth grit, lips parted slightly, revealing and angry canid tooth. After a few moments of nothing but an angry glare she let out an exasperated sigh. "You really lay it on thick don't you?" It was clear she wasn't a huge fan poor soul routine. Perhaps she should have walked away, but instead she pulled her hands out of her pocket, placing them on her hips. Her green eyes staring with hard steel. "Maybe you are weak! But you'll never get stronger if all you do is run from problems!" She was really getting fired up, her right arm detached from, it's spot on her hip and began to fiercely and wildly gesture as she spoke. "And who are you running from? Do people really have such a problem with who you are? To justify this fear? Or is it all built up in your head?" She let out a hostile breath before she found herself falling over after another angry gesture forcing her off her balance. She was still fatigued from being awake by his side for so long, and rant had taken a lot out of her. She sighed, shifting her weight so she was sitting down normally. "Bitch rant over." She said with nothing but exhaustion in her tone. Her eyes cast downward and the anger displaced with sadness.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I don't know if everyone has a problem with me; and it is all in my head. But you see, I must be mentally ill, then, seeing as I'm living in fear of what's possibly ghosts. But so far, I haven't met many who accepted me; being it bullying, writing things on my apartment door, taking me into corridors and beating me up... there was really no limit. And it wasn't only the students. Even the teachers and the student's parents wanted me gone. So that's what I did. I ran away. I don't really know how to do anything else." He was looking at his hands with equally sad eyes, as if what she'd said hadn't affected him in the least; he'd heard worse things, and even so the words didn't stick with him. He looked over at her and smiled sadly.
"I thought I'd be able to suppress it once I got here, but when you looked at me like that... it was like a flashback to the life I had before coming here. I'm sorry I kissed you. I don't know why I did it, or why I'm apologizing. Just... seeing as it scared you so much I just want you to know I won't do it again." He had turned to look at the ground and never once raised his gaze to look at her.

She simply sat there breathing and looking down at the ground. Perhaps she was to tired, or perhaps she was wallowing in some sort of guilt. She knew Adrian didn't exactly have an easy life, and for sure he probably had it pretty bad. What did she know? She didn't know if what he was saying was true or not, but she supposed he had no reason to lie. He didn't generally seem the dramatic type in school. He mostly seemed like he wanted to be left alone. Her eyes widened, but she didn't look scared or confused this time. Instead it looked like a revelation came down onto her like lightning. She looked down at her legs, which were simply parallel with each other. Mostly only because there wasn't many sitting options in the skirt. Her head tilted sideways as she placed her palms down on her knees. "Don't worry about the kiss thing." As she spoke her face grew lightly flush. Her left hand moved to the grass and began to lightly pull blades out of the earth. "I was just taken by surprised. I mean... It kind of came out of no where. Not really used to that kind of advance." A weak smile grew as she lifted her hand and released all the blades into the wind.

"And I'm not used to making advances. It was probably just a moment of insanity, or something." He had sat down again, though still with his back turned against her. He felt tired and sat there hugging his knees. The jacket was hugging his slim form like a black pair of wings. He looked almost entirely black as he sat there, like a shadow. He had had it hard, and he hadn't even told anyone that he... well he still couldn't think about it either. He clutched his hands at his knees as his body shook remembering what happened. No, it hadn't made him a girl. It'd just traumatized him. He buried his head between his arms trying to calm his now unsteady breathing. It was as if a blanket of fear had swept around his body, making him relive his worst memories. His breathing caught in his throat and his heart felt like it was going to burst. He'd never had a panic attack before, but he'd never thought it to be this scary. He felt moments away from certain death. He collapsed onto the grass, crying softly trying to become as small as possible. His legs were pulled close to his chest, and his arms were again hugging around his knees. He looked absolutely terrified. On the inside, though, he had no means of noticing all this as his only focus was on the fear burning in his chest.

"Oh who could hold such beauty that when thee pass men are turned into deranged images of themselves?" The was she spoke indicated it was supposed to be a joke. She giggled lightly to herself as she watched him. But the mildly mirthful expression grew into worry and subsequently panic as Adrian shriveled before her eyes. Natasha shifted so she was on her knees, staring in disbelief. But when he collapsed... Natasha scrambled over in a panic. "Adrian...? Adrian!?!" Her hand reached out and touched his arm, squeezing tightly as she leaned in and tried to examine his face. Not seeing signs of a stroke relieved her but it did little to shed light on the nature of the problem. Unsure what to do she frantically reached into her coat pocket and pulled out her phone, beginning to dial emergency services. A memory of the day the accident occurred flashed through her mind. The fear, the worry, and the grief all present and accounted for.

He could hear her voice through a blanket of blackness, and didn't feel any strength to answer her. He couldn't tell where he was anymore, and was that a hand on his arm..? He couldn't tell sensations apart, warm and cold seemed mixed together and deep inside he was freezing with the fear. His heart created a loud rhythm inside of his head, and his breath came out in hoarse gasps as if he was suffocating. He was frightened. More frightened than he'd ever been.
Behind the fear, his practically unmoving body had grabbed Natasha's arm, holding it tightly as if he would sink into the abyss, were he to let go. He was still sobbing but it was more the tears just falling rather than actually looking scared. His face had turned pale and his eyes were squeezed shut. His grip on her arm was so tight that the skin had become white around the area he was holding. The other hand was pulling at his hair, as if trying to hold onto something. A few moments passed with this before his hand stilled. He felt weaker now, and his senses seemed even more blurry now. He wanted to tell Natasha that he was alright, but not a word would escape him. He was still awake, but no longer moving physically.

In reality it wasn't long until the her line was picked up, but to her it felt like it had been an eternity. "Hello, what appears to be the emergency?" The operator chimed as she probably had done many times before. "I need an ambulance to Bennett park Immediately! Heart attack I think!" Her voice came out in a hurried mess, but the operator on the other line appeared to have caught the address. "Help is on the way. Sit tight ma'am." As Natasha pulled the phone her grasp on it let loose, it went flying a few feet from her but it seemed to be the least of her problems as she bent over a little bit. Her hand reached down to his neck, feeling Adrian's pulse. After a moment she pulled her hand away and put it over his heart. This didn't seem to be a heart attack. She had panicked, but maybe it would be for the better. When a heart attack is called in ambulances get the move on. She still looked down in concern. This was not a medical condition she was familiar with. "An ambulance is on it's way. Just hold on..."

He hadn't moved much. His hand was still clutching at Natasha's sleeve, and the only sign of life was his pulse and unsteady breathing. He felt paralyzed. His body had also started shaking unnaturally, as if he was feeling really cold even if he was wearing a large coat. He was bathed in cold sweat and his skin was pale, and if feeling his forehead, he also had a fever.
All of this was caused from the panic that had rised in his chest when he'd thought about what had happened in his middle school years. He had tried to bury the memory deep inside himself, but just that little gesture from Natasha had reopened the wound. He wished he could just take time back. He should've never met her. Yet he still lied here, clinging to her and happy that there was someone who would help him. He wanted her to go just as much as he needed her to stay with him. A few sobs escaped him but other than that, he was deadly silent and a mess of different ill symptoms. His heart was still throbbing harshly, so hard that his chest hurt, and his fingers were clenching and unclenching as if he was in cramps. He wanted it all to stop, to sit up and tell her that nothing was wrong with him, that he was just a bit tired, but his body wouldn't move.

Natasha could do nothing, in the distance she could hear the sirens. But as they approached, she could only stare blankly. She should speak to him, do something to help him stay grounded in the moment. But there was a lump her in her throat. What would she even say to him? Especially after yelling like she had. Her left hand lightly stroked his cheek, not knowing what else she could possibly do. She didn't even notice the ambulance lights, despite the fact they changed the hue of the scene. Instead shock simply absorbed her until two men moved past her, picking up Adrian. It wasn't until that moment she snapped out of it. There weren't any words, they thought it was a heart attack. She followed behind the two men, unable to speak but once they got into the ambulance they closed the doors. Not even exchanging one word with her. They couldn't, they had a life to save. So Natasha stared at the ambulance as it drove away, Adrian the only cargo. She fell to her knees as she watched the vehicle turn a corner. She could only stare out, with a hopeless expression on her face.

Adrian had arrived at the hospital a bit later, and in a few hours, he was again lying in a bed. Immediately after he had woken, he had asked someone to go pick Natasha up. He felt bad about what had happened and that he had suddenly fainted like that.
Outside of the room, a doctor who had approached Natasha as she had been brought in, finally spoke to her after about an hour. "Hello, you were the one who was with the patient, right? It seems that she had a panic attack of some sort. There's something I want to ask you, have you known her for long? Do you know if something traumatic has happened to her?" The doctor asked a lot of questions without even considering how Natasha could be feeling. But after all, it was an important matter. She had to ask these questions no matter the states of persons when talking about something so serious.
Adrian was rolling in the bed inside the hospital, unsure of what he should do of himself. He wanted so badly to apologize to Natasha and maybe just move on. At least he didn't want her to be so angry with him. He just wanted things settled before any more harm could be done. He looked at his hands and sighed. He'd ended up here again. By now, Natasha was probably going mad from having him get hurt so often.

It may not have been a surprise, but Natasha had come in her car. Shortly after the ambulance had left with Adrian. She was sitting silently in the waiting room for awhile. But the fatigue had taken its toll. She was sitting in a chair, head off to one side. Sleeping soundly. She still had yet to change clothes but they honestly were not even registering as a problem at this point. She didn't think about what she would do about going to school the next day. She could have been asleep for hours, but it certainly didn't feel like it when she was stirred from her slumber by a doctor. She could even hear her as the doctor asked if she had been with the patient. "He." Natasha found herself unconsciously responding to a question never asked. "I haven't known him for long." She stated, making sure to emphasize the him in the sentence.

"Anyways, I kind of yelled at him... I'm kind of a bitch like that." Afterward she let out a sigh before looking back up at the doctor. "And before you ask yes I know about him and it will be him if you please." She was not really in the mood for any doing the run around with anyone right now, she hadn't had the best sleeps as of late and she only got about an hour of sleep in that uncomfortable chair and the pain in her neck wasn't doing much to help her mood.

"Either way, I would just want to ask you, because it seems that he... when we did a checkup on him, there was some signs of sexual abuse.. but the bruises are old.. dating back to at least an amount of years ago... do you know about any of this? Has he told you anything?" She was concerned about her patient, after all, Adrian had been in a pretty hopeless state when he arrived at the hospital. If he had indeed been sexually abused, that would explain his sudden panic attack, and the way he would try to struggle and get away every time any of the doctors would try to help him. He would even flinch away at something as simple as taking his pulse. There was no doubt that something bad had happened. Well, she just wanted to make sure that things were over.

Back inside the hospital room, Adrian was impatiently rotating the blanket between his hands, clenching and unclenching his fists. He wanted Natasha to come in as soon as possible, so that he would be able to convey his feelings right. He was frightened of what would happen with them if any more bad things were to happen. To get his thoughts off the matter, he lied down in the bed again, pulling the covers over his head. He couldn't remember what had happened after he collapsed in the park. There was a lot of pain... and fear... and he was trying to fight something off... something that was trying to hurt him... and then he woke up in a hospital bed, feeling almost scared about how calm he felt. He had probably been giving some medication that dulled down his nerves.

Natasha nodded, being forthwith with information could help. "He has. From what I understand it happened in middle school." Natasha's hands slid into the pockets of her coat. Her head tilted a downward a little bit but her eyes looked upward. It created a shadow that made it look like she meant some serious business. "The patient's condition had been a secret for a long time. He had confided in a friend in middle school. This friend was the source of the abuse. But it didn't stop there." Natasha shifted the weight of her body onto the other foot. She seemed suddenly focused, much unlike her fatigued self only moments before. "The word got out and spread around the school, his parents didn't take to kindly to the information either. Abuse, mental, verbal, and emotional started at this point. If you have time you should also check his throat. He had bulimia for awhile and as far as I know still does. I don't know where he lives exactly, but considering the type of home he lives in and the school he goes to, you should contact Black Diamond General for his medical records."

Natasha's head turned, looking out at nothing in particular. She seemed to be thinking about any other information she could offer. "I think he lived in France for most of his adolescence, moved here after his parents perished in a fire. I'm not sure exactly when it was so it may not have all the information." She turned her head back toward the doctor. "Any questions?"

"No, thank you. He is awake if you want to visit him. We'll have his throat tested when he's feeling a bit better." She bowed to Natasha and walked up to tell the doctor about the information she had recieved. She hoped that he was going to be okay, and that the doctor would be able to help him. Kids shouldn't experience such things... She sighed and handed over her files to the doctor as she arrived.

Adrian was still sitting in the hospital bed, wrenching around in an anxious way. He stepped out of the bed, walking over to the window. His back hurt a lot, but his heart was feeling okay, and his breathing was somewhat stabile. The window was bolted. What kind of ward had they put him in...? He sighed and rested his forehead against the window, feeling comfortable at the cold. He wouldn't know what to say to Natasha. He sighed and walked over to a chair, sitting down and looking out into nothing. He was staring aimlessly out of the window, trying to sort out his thoughts. He didn't know how he could tell Natasha what he felt. He'd gotten himself hurt so badly, and probably traumatized her with the whole experience. He wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to be friends with him anymore. He sighed and walked back to the bed, sitting with his legs crossed. They'd probably figured out about what happened in his middle school years. Some officer would probably eventually approach and ask if he wanted to press charges and he'd say no.

It wasn't too long after the conversation that Natasha was outside the door to Adrian's room. She stepped backward, placing her back against the door. Slowly she pushed against, opening the door slowly. Once it was fully open she simply stood, staring down toward the ground. It wasn't clear what she was feeling. After a silent moment she simply let out a sigh, stood straight and walked half the distance between them. She was still looking down, attempting to straighten her apparel. "Dear... Am I not most unsightly?" She asked as she straightened her school uniforms skirt and attempted to smooth out a rogue wrinkle on her blouse to no avail.

"It's okay." He looked up at her, his eyes drained and tired. It had taken a lot of his energy to get into the hospital twice. He covered his face in his hands as if he wanted to cry, but no sounds came out. Instead he spoke up again. "Are you... angry with me?" He asked, sitting there while covering his face. He was convinced that she was angry, considering that he'd gotten her into trouble as well twice. He took his hands off his face and looked up at her, his eyes now also glazed over with a hint of sadness behind the exhaustion. He didn't want to make people angry, or cause any trouble. And now he was here, having to be nursed for a longer time just because of what happened in middle school. He clenched his fists into the sheets and looked down again.

"Pff, no." She replied bluntly. Her head lifted, unsightly bags had formed under her eyes. A product of fatigue and possibly stress. A smile formed and she crossed her arms, her weight shifted to one foot. "If I was angry I wouldn't be here. I would have gone home to be angry and punch pillows." She genuinely didn't seem to be angry, but she clearly wasn't happy either. She seemed to be putting on a smile for his sake. But the illusion of happiness would fleet in and out of her eyes. "I just..." As she began to speak her eyes pulled away, looking to the ceiling as if it would provide the clarity of thought she needed. "I just don't want you to push me away..."

"But... if we continue being friends, I'll just cause you trouble..." He looks at her, taking her hand in his. He didn't want to be a bother to anyone. He slowly reached an arm up, hooking it around her neck and pulling her down to kiss her cheek. This time, he pulled back quickly too. "I still... don't know what my feelings are for you... and I'm scared of what is going to happen... but if I'm a bother, I can't be with you.. I can't handle needing to have everyone's help. I want to be able to take care of myself... I'm scared of letting you worry about me..." He pulled away from her, his arms wrapping around himself as he looked down at the sheets. He really didn't want to be any trouble.

"So what?" Her eyes had turned away like she was ashamed of what he had said. "I never got anywhere by avoiding trouble." Her arms began to mimic his, wrapping around her hips she took a step back but her eyes didn't lift. "I know you don't need my help and I know you don't want me to worry but the further you pull away the more I'm going to. That's not something you get to choose, you can't just decide not to worry about someone, and it's not even your fault." She looked up, her eyes finally attempting to meet his. "On the day of the accident, no matter what you'd like to believe, we became connected in a way that can never be forgotten. It may not be a happy memory, but no matter what, that day changed everything. We can never go back to a state of not knowing each other." Her eyes wavered a moment, as she began to take a step forward. "I have to worry about you, it's not a choice and it's not easy. But feelings like this don't get to be." Her voice was soft in a way that he probably didn't know possible. It was certainly different than her yelling, but still, the sense she still felt passionately about the words probably came through.

Status
Not open for further replies.