Unfortunate Consequences (MiNaGi & Shyblade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm a transgender. Female to male. When they figured out in middle school, a guy decided to rape me, thinking that'd make me realize my place." He clenched his fists visibly, his knuckles going white. "I haven't had any surgery yet, because I faint at the thought of people tampering with my body. So as of terms, I'm a male trapped in a female body. It's disgusting and people won't accept me. I can't have any friends, fearing they'll figure me out. I have no idea why I'm even telling you these things. I've been like this for a long while and that's why my parents disowned me. I told them I liked women, and that I wanted to be a man. I said to them I felt trapped. They didn't believe me and threw me away like trash. I lived on my own since then, the only people I ever interacted with being the girl that I lived with and doctors when I passed out. I had bulimia back then. I couldn't hold in food. I would throw up every morning and even ask for toilet breaks in school to vomit. It got so bad I had to be admitted for five months in a locked facility."
As he spoke, he looked completely emotionless, as if it had been in another life. He hadn't felt like himself back then, and he could talk about it without shedding any tears. To him, it had just been another obstacle.

She was silent as he spoke, not wanting to interrupt him. Her smile had also faded into a small frown as he spoke. Natasha lifted and crossed her leg over the other, intertwining her hands on her knee. Listening silently with interest. As he finished speaking she removed her hands from her knee, one arm crossing her midsection while the other lifted the hand so she could place an index finger on her chin. Her eyes losing focus on him as she mentally digested the information. Mulling over every detail carefully. From what she understood Adrian was, at the moment and only strictly speaking, a female. Natasha felt a little sick in the stomach from hearing the story, the audacity that some people had, to inflict their views on others, or would toss their own child out on their own. Eventually Natasha's eyes closed, just before she let out a frustrated sigh. Her leg uncrossed and both of her feet placed themselves flatly on the floor. Natasha leaned forward, placing her hands on her knees. As she opened her eyes, they revealed a steely expression, her brow, tilted inward a little bit. But despite this, her voice was soft. "Okay... Is there anything else?"

He shook his head, a blush forming on his cheeks. There was, but there was no way he could tell her, of all people. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, lying back down.
"Well... that's the deal." He looked down and focused on his hands, which were again fondling the bed sheets. He didn't want to meet her eyes; he felt ashamed over himself every time he would talk about this, like he'd said something that was wrong. Surely she thought that he was disgusting and she would probably leave in a moment when she'd processed the truth. He knew that he couldn't expect her to keep his secret safe; after all, it was pretty dramatic news that the boy in the next class was actually a girl! He felt sick just at the thought of that. Maybe he should've kept his mouth shut. Then his secret would've been safe. Now he was sitting here, frightened of it being revealed. His expression had changed and he looked pained, sad and frustrated all at once.

The girl smiled as she heard that it was the last of it. Sitting normally in the chair for a change. "Well..." She was silent for a few moments, turning her eyes toward Adrian's hands as they fidgeted with the sheets. "We're all just flesh and blood aren't we?" Her eyes began to lift, taking time to examine the features of the figure in front of her. Man? Woman? Who cares? She found herself chuckling to herself a little bit. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She gave him a slight nod before turning her head to look out the window. After a silent moment she stood, walking over to it so that she could look out onto the streets.

"Thank you. I apologize for throwing this at you. I hope it doesn't bother you too much." He felt horrible about himself. He had told only a few persons in his life, and those persons had turned their backs on him, left him feeling like trash. He was fearing the same to happen with Natasha. He hadn't ever been able to trust anyone in his life, and he felt like he could break if it happened again. So what made him risk this much? What made him risk his sanity over a person that he'd barely ever talked to? He couldn't even say why himself. He looked as she walked to the window, getting on his feet and walking up to her.
"Did it surprise you?" He looked down at her, she was a little shorter than he was, the look in his eyes mysterious, as he had never gotten to ask anyone this question before.

She was silent as she stared down at the street. The sun was getting low now. Not yet dipped below the horizon, but it would only be a few hours now. The sky was turning a deep shade of orange as it did so. She didn't respond immediately, instead she allowed her mind some time to think about the question did it surprise me? The expression on her face was something between blank and pensive. But either way she appeared to be giving it some deep thought. "Well..." Her body turned, but her eyes stayed for a moment on what ever they were fixed on. "I guess a little bit..." As she brought her eyes around to meet Adrian's they filled with the orange light from the window, giving them a tempered glow. "But... I had my suspicions." She was giving him a smile. Her eyes turned down to the ground, and she turned to place her back against the window. "They didn't begin until I brought you in though..."

"Yeah, those kinda things are hard to hide when you're in a hospital." He looked out of the window as well, his dark hair getting an orange glow to it as the light fell on him. His red eyes seemed like fire in the light of the setting sun, and his skin was pale as ever. He put his hand on the window and closed his eyes, his eyelashes casting shadows on his cheeks. He looked much like a dark angel, with his gentle features and soft skin. He didn't really know if he should look at her or not, because he still felt a bit awkward, even if it had been his own idea to reveal his secret.

Natasha simply nodded in response. Not appearing to have much more to say on the subject. Taking a moment to gaze upon him as the glow encapsulated him. She turned back toward the window, becoming a near mirror of him as she placed her hand on the window in a similar fashion. For a few seconds she simple reveled in the glow, scarring the moment into her memory. They couldn't stay like this forever though, so Natasha's head leaned forward, until her forehead touched the glass. Her head turned, her eyes first focused on Adrian's chest, but eventually going upward to inspect his face. "So what's the plan...? When are you getting out of the hospital?"

He looked at his hands as she spoke, closing his eyes for a moment. "Well... I think I'll be going out soon." He smiled slightly as he ran a hand through his hair and over the bandages around his head. He didn't feel that bad anymore, only a little bit sore, and he'd apparently been taken off medication a few days ago. He went to his bed and called for one of the nurses, telling her that he was feeling just fine. The woman made a short inspection of the wounds on his stomach and head, changing his bandages before she allowed him to leave. "Uh.. well, that was easy." from a drawer beside the bed, he grabbed the clothes he had been wearing the day of the accident. They'd been cleaned and he took it to the bathroom where he took off the clothes provided by the hospital, sliding into the familiar fabric of one of his many hoodies, and a pair of black jeans. He put on his socks and walked back out to her. "Well.. I guess this means I can go now."

As the nurse had been coming in, Natasha had grabbed the chair by the bed and moved it over to the corner of the room. Not wanting to be in the way of the examination. She turned the chair so she wouldn't be looking toward the bed. Not that it would have mattered though, since when she sat down and crossed her legs her gaze firmly locked on her knee. Her eyes didn't even lift until he had come out of the bathroom in his own clothes. For a split second she wore a pained expression. But it faded as quickly as it came. As he told her he was free to go she stood up. "... So... What are you going to do now?" Her arms were crossed over her midsection, her hands holding her hips. It didn't look like a comfortable stance and for some reason she was swaying a little from side to side.

"Uhh... I think I'll be going home, I guess. I don't really want to, though..." He sighs and runs a hand through his hair, looking at the floor feeling a bit too shy to notice the fact that she was shaking. He'd told her so many things that not even her former best friend had known, and they'd barely talked together for an hour. He didn't know if they were going to become friends. He doubted it. When they got back to school, she'd be the popular, desired girl again and he'd go back to not existing. That was how it worked when you went to high school. You got a certain place and if you didn't keep that until graduation you'd get bullied into insanity. You could say he was a tiny bit frightened. Of school, and even more of how this was going to work out. He leaned against the wall as the thoughts rushed through his head, letting out a slight sigh of frustration. He wished he could be her friend, but he knew it was nothing less than impossible considering their social standings. If she was seen hanging out with him, she'd ruin her place as the popular girl, and he didn't want to have her do that to herself.

"Well..." Natasha started. Her arms seeming to grip her coat a little tighter as she continued. "If you don't want to go home, you could keep me company for a little bit." As she spoke, her fingers would uncomfortably clench and loosen on the fabric. She seemed far more insecure here than she was at school. Or perhaps it was just around him? Was it because of the accident? It must have been. Normally her stance was made of steel. "I'm kind of hungry... and it'd be nice if I had someone to eat with..." As she spoke her eyes avoided Adrian's gaze. Her voice was earnest, she really did seem to spend some more time with him. So why did she seem so fragmented from normal?

"Uhm... well... yeah, sure. That'd be nice." He had no idea why he was being invited out to eat by a girl who basically lived on another planet socially. She seemed more nervous than usual and he just put his hands in his pockets awkwardly. He didn't want to look at her directly and instead focused his gaze on a chair to his left. He then walked towards the door, stopping in the doorway to wait for her to follow along. He didn't know where they'd go to eat, and he felt nervous about being with her like this. He'd never really had any friends, not in a long while, at least, and when someone suddenly wanted to be with him, he didn't know what to do with himself. He sighed and glanced over his shoulder at her for nothing more than a second before he looked away again, an awkward blush creeping onto his cheeks.

She followed him to the door way, slipping past him. Her eyes were cast downward as she walked. "I don't know..." She spoke as she walked, assuming he was following her. "I kind of feel like spaghetti right now... Is there anything in particular you want?" She began to button up her coat. The two seemed to have an awkwardness between them. Stopping at the elevator, she was still for a second. When she finally reached out to push the button she turned her head to look at Adrian, smiling a little bit as she watched him. The hall was empty, plain white walls. Each foot fall echoed for what seemed like an eternity. One could be forgiven for thinking that the two were suspended in time. If it weren't for the silent whirr of the elevator coming up and the subsequent ding that signaled the doors opening.

He stepped into the elevator with her quietly before thinking about his answer. He hadn't looked her in the eye since they left the room. He didn't know how to. He glanced at her once from the corner of his eye, but realizing she was looking back made him look away again. "Uhh.. well.. no, not really, so.. you decide where we go, you are the girl after all.." he blushed slightly and ran a hand through his hair. Even with the sound of the elevator he felt that they were isolated from the world around them. That when they got down to the main hall of the hospital it would be empty, with only the remnants of other people. He allowed himself to close his eyes and just listen to the sounds, and the feeling of the elevator going down to the first floor. The sound was so familiar, and yet it felt strange and misplaced. He opened his eyes again, his red eyes dreamy and seemingly lost in a fabricated world inside his head.

As door opened revealing the scarce populated ground floor. She looked back over again, her eyebrow quirked. "Okay, how about I just take you to my place and cook instead?" She appeared to be trying to keep a straight face. But it cracked into a small smile as she continued. "You know. As long as we're doing the stereotype thing." Natasha closed her eyes, giggling lightly. "Actually. If you're not opposed to it that's what I'd like to do." Her arms were hanging in the front, her hands fingers intertwined with each other. As they exited the lobby, they let go of each other, her hand slipping into the right pocket of her coat, fishing for keys. The evening was conditioned with a brisk wind, and the tawny sky had begun to fade to slate. She had stopped a moment to look up at the sky, seeming to admire it for a few moments before turning and heading to the visitor's parking lot.

He was still walking in his own world when she spoke. The world was a blur of colors and sensations. He suddenly looked up with a start as if he'd been woken from a dream.
"Well... w-whatever you'd like." He muttered with a slight blush, running a hand through his hair. It was getting dark outside, and the sky was beautifully painted red in the dusk. He took a deep breath as they got out and closed his eyes. His black hair had started to blow in the wind, occasionally slipping away from his second eye to reveal patches of burnt skin. He instantly turned his head a little so that Natasha wouldn't see it. She probably had already but he didn't care; it wasn't a nice sight. He followed her along to her house, still trying to hide the left side of his face where the burns were. He felt bad about it; no wonder people found him creepy, with the way he walked around and hid himself. He didn't want anyone to know about it, though, which was why he wasn't wearing any bandages.

She smiled at his response. Stopping at the edge of the visitors parking lot, her whole body swayed as she looked around, trying to remember where she parked. When she spotted it the top of her body seemed to lean forward before pulling the rest of her with it. As they got closer, Natasha's speed seemed to pick up, stopping by it just as she was about to hit a jog. "Hey there!" She was speaking to a black z28 Camero. The car, as expected did not respond. But still, not discouraged she approached the driver's side and unlocked the door. After opening it, instead of sitting down, she reached up and removed the first T-top, placing it gingerly in the back seat before doing the same with the second. She stood up straight and turned a little bit, smiling toward Adrian. "Well... Get in." She said with a smirk. This was her car, this was the car. There was no mistaking that.

He nodded and sat inside the car, on the passenger's seat. He seemed to shrink as he leaned back against the seat, closing his eyes ever so slightly. He didn't know what to do. He hadn't expected that they'd actually see each other again outside of the hospital. It seemed a little too surreal to his liking. He pulled out a sketchbook from the bag he was carrying, along with a pencil, and started doodling on it. It seemed mostly like lines to begin with but it quickly took shape. It was an old-fashioned mansion, with two floors and a beautiful flower garden. In the garden he drew outlines of two persons, one with long, black hair and the other with short. The short-haired looked a lot like himself, but both character's faces were hidden. Instead he focused on drawing the long-haired woman, putting a lot of detail into everything; her hair, body, clothes and such. He sat for a while just sketching without really thinking.

Natasha turned the key in the ignition, and a monster came to life. The girl only smiled as the chassis rumbled. Leaning back in her seat she strapped herself in. The radio came to life in time for a song to end. The Cake song The distance came on as she shifted the car out of neutral and into reverse. As she turned to look, her long hair was held back on her coat. While the moment lasted, her face was free of the frame her hair usually made. As she stopped again, looking forward and shifting to 1st gear. Her one hand was placed firmly on the steering wheel, the other still holding the gear shift. On the steering wheel, her hand unraveled from it, so it was just her palm. Then, pinky to thumb, her fingers curled back over it. Her eyes flashed a wild look, like lightning had just coursed through her. But as she began to go forward slowly, her body relaxed. She began driving well within the accepted speed limits of the city, the crisp air coming in on the two from the t-tops. She seemed so at peace behind the wheel. At school she seemed like a solid and well put together person, in the hospital she was fragmented and on the verge of shattering. Was any of this the real her? Or were they all acts? "So what are you drawing?" She asked, being to focused on the road to actually look over.

Status
Not open for further replies.