Unexpected Turn of events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riz got as far away as he could, until he was sure he had lost the cop. Then he ditched the car. After ditching the car, he hit the ATM. He ouldn't go home, they would be waiting. Once he had all the money the bank woul allow him to take out. He took the buss to other side of town and found himself a car. At least he knew a few things about cars, it didn't take him long to break into one.

May kept very still, barely allowing herself to breathe. She heard him, the cop, rooting around, but by that time her hiding spot was pretty good if she could say so herself. He walked past her twice, and she heard another voice that she assumed was the other cop who had gotten lost, but they eventually moved on away so she could breathe again and was safe. May and Riz were going to win this game and not the cops, she was telling herself over and over. Now she just had to wait for Riz, and hope he didn't get caught, but she was assuming that the cops would call it in for quits pretty soon. They didn't seem to happy about chasing after a bunch of kids.

Riz circled the streets, keeping his cap pulled over his face so no one recognised him. He was waiting to see if the cops were still in the area, it had been at least an hour since. The coast seemed clear, and he parked the car and left in search of may.

May began hearing noises again and made sure to stay absolutely still just in case. Suddenly she heard Riz's voice and got excited, trying to get out of the tree. The tree was an arborvitae so it's special leaves stayed green all the time and grew close to the tree, which had to be over 100 years old. When she crawled into the tree she couldn't see out, and nobody could see in either, the thick tree not being suspicious at all.

"Where's your car?" May asked when she saw him, brushing the bits of tree out of her hair and off her clothes.

Riz was surprised at how well may had managed to hide, but then again, this was may. "I ditched mine, got another" he told her. "We better go" he said as he took hold of her hand and made his way back to where he parked the car. Keeping an eye out, just incase.

May followed after Riz, gripping onto his hand to help her keep pace with him. She got into the passenger's seat slowly and skeptically, wondering if this car was even any good. Again the seat belt dilemma, but she turned her attention towards Riz instead of thinking about that seatbelt and watched him climb into the car and with the key bringing the engine to life.

"you ready?" he asked as he looked over at her, smiling at her. They were doing it, finally doing it.

"As ready as I'll ever be," May replied, his smile causing a corner of her mouth to turn up also.

The moment passed and now they needed to focus. "We want to go towards Connecticut, that's where I know people. But um, can we not take highways? Please?" she asked him in a scared voice that wasn't well suppressed.

"yeah, that will probably be the best idea" he said as he drove. They were driving for hours, before they finally stopped, just for some food. Soon after they were on their way again.

"Thanks Riz." May said eventually after getting back in the car. They'd barely said a word to each other since starting their journey. May was listening to the radio and immersed in watching her surroundings. She was alert the entire time Riz was driving and didn't want to talk much because that would be distracting her, but she had to at least thank him for the food and for wanting to run away with her. It meant a lot that someone cared so much for her after so long.

"were going to have to stop soon, and switch cars" he told her as he reached to turn down the music, so he could talk to her, they had been quiet for too long.

"Okay," May replied submissively, not taking her eyes from the road and cars she were watching. "I trust you," she added softly. She wasn't sure how he did it or where they'd have to go or how long it took him to switch cars, but she left that up to Riz since he'd done a pretty good job of the scenario before. And she really did trust him with it. May was just on high alert and so she was distracted.

"You okay may?" he asked her, reaching over to take her hand. "You seem a little distracted" he said as he squeeed her hand, but ofcourse she was distracted, they had just ran away, from everything and everytone the knew. They were screwed.

"I'm just making sure we don't get hit by a car and die. I'm watching out for those," May replied, taking a second to glance over at Riz to be polite and possibly get his approval. She wasn't used to being in cars and didn't like the feeling, so she was prepared if an accident would happen.

"well relax May, that's my job and I'm a prettyg ood driver" he promised her, he didn't ike seeing her so detached, like her old self, the one he had worked so hard to break through to get to that beautiful centre of hers.

This made May upset. She did not want to be told to "just relax" and let him do "his job". "It's my job too," she protested, not wanting to feel like her fate was solely in his hands. "It doesn't matter if you're a good driver or not, you can't do everything at once." She was nearly yelling at him now, but she didn't care because this was important to her and he didn't understand.

"May it's the drivers job to make sure everyone in his car is safe" he said rolling his eyes. "Please don' yell at me" he understood she was scared and under a ot of preassure. So was he.

May paused to collect herself and stop yelling like he asked of her. When she did speak her voice was quiet and calm. "I don't want to end up dead because the driver wasn't doing his job best. I don't want to end up like my family." Despite what she said her eyes dropped to the sweaty hands in her lap, away from the road. Her vision was blurring, not from tears, just from lack of focusing. Even though she'd been watching out for them the entire trip she was exhausted and just now did her eyes show their fatigue.

"I'm doing my best job, I swear" he promised her. "Get some sleep may, relax, before we switch vehicles again" Said riz to her, trying to make her feel comfortable, or at least have her relax a little. "we're are going to be okay may, I'm here for you May"

May didn't want to sleep, she didn't feel safe or protected or like she had any control over the circumstances, but Riz had told her to sleep. And if anything she wanted to be obedient to him, after all if it weren't for him she would be in the orphanage by now, and she had hated that place when she was there. He was her savior and she wanted to be a good girl for him. So she allowed her body to shut down, completely relax, and soon enough the entire world around her faded away and she was left with the sweet black nothing of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.