Unexpected Sparks

<o:p>
She asked him how much horse power the car had and he thought about it for a minute.

“Well to tell you the truth I’m not sure...My manager special ordered it for one of my photo shoots and offered to let me keep it afterwards. I didn’t have a car at the time being so I said yes...So he might know but I might doubt that too...”<o:p></o:p>

He chuckled softly to himself. Adrian was kind of an airhead when it came to alot of things. But he was an artistic genius. He wouldn’t be where he was without him. Varius followed the girl’s directions and after only about 15 minutes they arrived in front of a cottage on the outskirts of town. A smile slipped across as he pulled his head out and examined the cottage. It was beautifully kept and it kind of reminded him of his small home in Italy with his father, brother, and...mother. Different in someways but alike in alot others. The whole scene was peaceful and soothing. She wasn’t gone very long before coming back with her wallet, slipping into the car. <o:p></o:p>

He pulled his gaze back to the road and backed out, driving towards the restraunt.

“Pleasant little home you have there...”<o:p></o:p>

He said as they pulled into parking lot, climbing out of the car and going over to her side; Varius opening her door for her.<o:p></o:p>

“Reminds me of my childhood in Italy...”<o:p></o:p>

A small smile across his lips. Normally he wouldn’t be this friendly someone but he felt like he could trust her...he didn’t know what it was but it felt strange and good at the same time.<o:p></o:p>
</o:p>

Isabelle laughed along with him, "maybe i should get into modeling, if the bonuses include free sport cars." She smiled at him playfully, "so your not a car nut like typical rich guys?" She checked his face to see if he was sincere, she figured he was lying just to be nice. Her place wasn't really fancy, which she was sure he was used to. When she saw he was serious, she smiled shyly. "Well its not much, but thanks." She stepped out and grinned when he opened her door for her, "well aren't you the gentlemen." She said softly, and brushed her hand along his arm as she stepped past him. Whoa, where had that come from? She knew she shouldn't be flirting with him, but she couldn't help it. She seemed to be doing it sub consciously, but she vowed to cut it out from now on. She felt really at ease around him, she didn't have a clue why but it was a nice feeling. She turned back to him interested, when he once again mentioned Italy. "Really? Did you grow up more in the country?"

Varius shook his head.

“There is a whole lot more to life than money and material possessions. I’vejust been very lucky in my years to have the money I do….”

The man looked as sincere as he could possibly be. As they arrived and he opened the car door for her she grinned as she stepped out. It was a cute grin and he couldn’t help but smile a bit as she grinned. Then came something he didn’t expect. Isabelle brushed her hand along his arm as she passed him. His heart immedeitly fluttered in his chest, breathe catching in his throat for a moment as he turned his head to look at her. What was going on…? He had, had thousands of fans reaching out and touching him as he passed, only protected by body gaurds.Thousands of photo shoots with beautiful women, but this felt different than any of the other times he had been touched by a woman. It wasn’t a bad feeling and that was good…it was just different and it made him feel more exposed in away he never had felt. After a few moments he snapped back into reality and shut the car door, answering her question as he locked the car door.

“Yes…I lived in Italy for 15 years…So I’ve only been here for…6 years…”

He smiled a bit and started towards the restraunt. As they entered the extravagant restaunt and were seated, he heard a voice, an all too familiar voice as a man with hair down to his tail bone, light blonde, pulled back into a long, somewhat loose but still professional looking pony tail and dressed in a very expensive looking suit came excitedly over to their table. His bright blue eyes shown brightly in happiness.

“Vari…My Faveorite model!” he said brightly.

Varius sighed and bit his lip.

“Hey Adrian…”

Adrian's attention turned to Isabelle, whom he smiled at as he casually leaned against the table. A sly grin came across his lips and he glanced at Varius.

"Ah...So this is the reason you wouldn't pick up your phone..."

A look of suprise crossed the model's face, a slight flush came across his cheeks.

"Adrian! It's not what you think...She works for me...A Co-worker..."

Adrian shook his head and smiled, standing up strait.

"Whatever you say Vari~"

The blonde looked back at Isabelle, giving a enthusuastic but respectful bow.

"I am Adrian Michales, pleasure to meet such a beautiful Woman such as yourself. Varius Seems very lucky to have lady around...he may be a model and it is beyond me how it is this way but he can be...Shy. Especilly around girls. He works just fine with his fellow female models but He dosn't even have a girlfriend...isn't that right Vari~?"

Varius's cheeks went brighter.

"Adrian! Shush! Go back to your own table and leave us alone...Please..."

He turned his face away, biting his lip, trying to make the blush go away. Varius was fully embarresed now...Why did he have to be here...?

Isabelle followed him inside, "15 years huh? You must miss it." She sat down across from him and smiled, she was about to say something else when she was interrupted by the approach of another man. Who she quickly identified as Varius's boss, or manger.

She smiled shyly and felt a little embarrassed by Adrian's comment, she secretly wondered is she was the reason. She glanced at Varius and saw he was just as embarrassed as she was, that made her feel better. She liked this Adrian, he seemed bubbly if not a bit eccentric.

Isabelle smiled at Adrian's bow, "well it's a pleasure to meet you too Adrian." She offered him her hand, "my name's Isabelle." She smiled playfully, "well i think shy is cute." She said with a small laugh, and a glance at Varius's rapidly reddening cheeks.

She was very happy to discover he was single, even though she'd never admit that. "Single? Well you know i find that hard to believe", she said grinning.

Varius obviously didn't want to talk to Adrian anymore, so Isabelle tried to casually direct him back to his own table. She pointed at the table he had come from, "Adrian? It looks like the waiters, waiting on you over there." She said said casually, and turned her attention back to Varius.

Adrian grinned and leaned closer to Varius.

“See, she likes Shy. That’s great!”

Varius went brighter as he turned to Adrian.

“Shush! Just go back to your table! Isabelle is right, there is a waiter waiting for you. It’s rude to make people wait…”

Adrian glanced back as he heard her comment about him being single. He looked back ather.

“Ever since I’ve known him he hasn’t had one woman in his life. I’ve known him since he was 18 years old Vari is just too…shy for his own good sometimes. It might help too if he went out more to the club with his model friends…not going to find a woman sitting alone by yourself at home.”

Varius looked down at the table, some of the blush fading.

<o:p></o:p>

“I know Adrian…”

Adrian sighed and looked over at Isabelle.<o:p></o:p>

“Good luck with this one…his shell is pretty tough to crack. But if anyone cando it I suppose a Co-worker would be best.”

Withthat he turned around and weaved through the tables back to his spot. Varius sighed in relief, looking up at her. A sincere look came across his eyes and expression.

“I’m sorry about that…I didn’t know he was going to be here…”<o:p></o:p>

Isabelle looked at Varius, well she agreed he was very shy. It seemed odd for someone in his profession, but she supposed it didn't bother him at work. She listened to Adrian's comment and smiled to herself, well she was determined to crack that shell.

"Bye" she said softl,y as Adrian made his way back to his own table. She turned to Varius with her own sincere smile, "don't worry about it.""He seems really nice, is he your friend too?." She assumed he would be, especially if he'd known him since he was 18.

She studied the menu in front of her, absentmindedly playing with the silver pendent around her neck. She always did it while she was thinking or concentrating, though she never knew she was doing it unless someone told her.

Everything sounded great and she couldn't decide, looking up at varius she gave him a warm smile "any suggestions?"

Friend…? Maybe he could consider him that. But it just felt natural to have Adrian around. No matter how strange or obnoxious he got sometimes.

“Adrian is the only other person I know well here in the United States; the other being my brother. So I guess he could be considered my friend…”

A bit of a smiled slipped across his cheeks as the blush faded. He didn’t need tolook at the menu to know what he wanted so he studied her a bit, but not too noticeably.He watched curiously as she played with the shining silver pendant around her neck. She seemed concentrated on the menu so maybe it was a focus thing. Justlike his magic was for him.

He would often use his elemental magic around the shop and it helped him stay focused on work and just stay brushed up on it. Not a lot of people recognized it when he did use it but who knows..? This girl had already pleasantly surprised him. Perhaps she would catch on…Varius didn’t knew weather that would be good or bad; but either way he didn’t think he would mind.

Finally she looked up at him and gave him a warm smiled; he gave in return as she asked for any suggestions.

“Well…Since I’ve been here only on special occasions…I’ve only had the chance to try some of the items on the menu but the Butternut Squash and Pear Ravioli withRosemary sauce is excellent.”

As he finished speaking a waiter came up to the table, turning to Isabelle, a friendly smile across his lips.

“And what will the beautiful lady be having this afternoon…?” <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

((Lol, that dish is exactly what i was going to post. Weird :D))

Isabelle smiled at Varius, "oh you have a brother? Older or younger?" She felt a little jealous of him, she didn't have any siblings and she'd always felt like she was missing out on something. She'd always wanted a younger brother or sister, but tragically her parents never got the chance.

Trying to clear her head of these depressive thoughts, she looked at Varius and listened to his suggestion. She nodded and smiled, "sounds pretty good I'll give it a try." She turned to the waiter and smiled sweetly, "I'll be having the Butternut Squash and Pear Ravioli with Rosemary sauce please kind sir."

As she waited for Varius to order she allowed her attention to wander, her gaze landed on a small dog tied outside by the door. A cute little staffy pup, she smiled when she spotted it. It turned to her and wagged it's tail, she got a sudden flash of it's emotion and train of thought. It was excited to be in a new place, hopeful it might get some table scraps and happy to be meeting new people. Ever since she was a baby she'd been able to telepathically hear the thoughts and feelings of animals, she couldn't explain why but she treasured it. Like her other powers it had taken a while to develop, but now she could understand any animal. With most animals she usually just got emotions and maybe one or two words, but depending of the intelligence of the animal she could have a conversation with them.

She sent the dog a simple feeling of happiness, then turned back to Varius. "So what was it like growing up in Italy?" She asked with a soft smile, she was curious about his childhood.

Varius nodded, a warm look coming across his Hazel eyes.

"Older...He took care of me when I came here when I was fifteen. My parents still live back in Italy...havn't heard from either of them since I have been here."

He smiled a bit and shook his head.

"Can't say...It bothers me too much though, Papa's fine but I'm more than greatful my mother wishes not to speak to me. She is what drove me here, it is a...difficult situation for everyone..."

Varius chuckled a but nervously as he realized what he had just shared with this woman. He hardly told anyone that. The only other people besides himself and his brother that knew was Adrian. Now this woman...? What was it about her that made him feel differently about sharing those kind of things about himself...? He wished he knew...

Then the waiter came and took Isabelle's order, and as he ordered his own meal, the same as hers, he could feel a airy feeling about. Kind of like when he used his magic but...different somehow. The waiter wisked away to featch thier meals and she asked what It was like to live in Italy. The same warm expression came across his expression, lips, and eyes. Any tention slipping away.

"Italy was wonderful...mostly away from home it was better. I was born in Rome but lived in smaller town. People were very friendly and you could feel safe no matter the time of day. Lot's of people shared what they had. children play togeather in large groups. Generally lot's of people had good friends. It was just the way. And famililes often came togeather to eat, visit, and talk. Life was...mostly wonderful over there. I do miss the good parts of Italy but America has been very good to me in my time here..."

Varius smiled.

"What about you...? Where did you grow up...and what was it like...?"

Isabelle wasn't sure how to respond, he hasn't heard for his parents for six years? She wondered what his mother had done, but decided asking would be both rude and nosy. She pretended not to notice his nervous laugh, and instead smiled and listened to him describe Italy.

She loved the way his face lit up when he spoke of it, the way he described it made it sound a lot like her own childhood.She smiled a little shyly, "well I'm a country girl actually." "My parents and i lived on a farm out in a sort of mini town, in the middle of nowhere." She said with a small laugh, she got a faraway look in her eyes and a warm smile as she remembered it. "Everybody knew everybody, because there was only about 35 people all up." "We all used to get together and have parties, it was just a really great relaxed place."

Her smiled faded a little, and there was a hint of sadness in her voice "i moved the the city with my uncle when i was 12." She turned to look at him, though she seemed distracted. "So what made you open a pharmacy?" She asked in an attempt to change the subject, she barely knew Varius and she'd already almost opened up about her parents.

He loved how she just smiled as he chuckled nervously. She didn't make a big scene of it, she just smiled through that, and listening to him talk about his own town. Isabelle smiled shyly as she spoke of her own childhood. She talked about how she was a country girl and how she used to live on a farm. Then how close the community used to be. She smiled warmly as she reminiced about growing up there. He loved how lovingly she spoke of it...then a hint of sadness entered her voice.

The woman mentiond moving to the city. It reminded him all too often of the times he would try and escape from his mother. Excpet the city was his relief; he could get lost in the crowds of people and his mother would not be able to find him. He wouldn't return home till after supper time, just in time to slip into bed. But even then, no matter how hard he tried he could simply not evade his mother's abuse. Then a questio rolled off her lips as he caould tell she was trying to change the subject.

"The Pharmacy...? Well since I was very small I had a knack for those kind of things. Always knew how to help a neighbor because our town doctor was often sick herself. Nobody, myself included knew where these talents came from. They were just always there I guess.."

He smiled a bit, his hazel eyes shimmerd as he did. Varius looked down at the table, memories flooding back to him all at once.

"That and I used to get sick alot when I was young...It helped to know how to help myself...My father was often working and my mother....Busy with other things..."

Isabelle was relived he didn't push the subject further, and it was plain to see in her expression. She smiled at him "maybe you should have been a doctor then." She said kindly, though her mind was on other things. He had lways had a knack for healing? Well it happened often enough but oddly enough she felt there was more to it, perhaps like her he had some magic in him. It wouldn't surprise her, she knew quite a few people had such powers herself inculded.

She loved the way his gorgous hazel eyes shimmered, she could feel herself getting lost in them. He spoke of being sick alot as a child, and that his parents weren't very attentive. He seemed to become saddened and a tad resentful by even the mere mention of his mother, she wondered what had happened to him. She said nothing however, as he hadn't asked her a probing question and niether would she of him.

She rested her head on her hand and smiled charmingly at him, "so besides work what do you like?" She titled her head slightly, "what's a fun time to you?" On the outside she was behaving normally, fun and flirty. But inside she was nervous, she wanted him to like her. She felt like this in a while, not since Dean. Though that hadn't ended well.........

He loved the way someone, besides his nosey manager would listen to him. She just sat there and smiled while he talked until he finnished. Varius had told her about his childhood...he had never done that before seeing at how dark it was. When he did finally finish she rested her head in her hand and she asked him what he liked to do...what was fun to him. He could tell she was trying so he thought about it.

"Well...to tell you the truth Adrian works me to the bone and the shop takes alot of my time...but I do like to travel, experience cultures and the beauty of places...but here in this town? I like to spend time with my brother...we usually play whatever he can. Cards, Basketball...My older brother is handicapped. He's in a wheelchair, paralyzed from the waist down..."

He smiled a bit sadly as the waiter returned with their food; setting it in front of them without bothering the two before disappearing once again.

Isabelle smiled she enjoyed traveling as well, it always thrilled and fascinated her to learn about a new place.
Her smile faded as he mentioned his brother, the poor guy. She wasn't sure what to say to Varius, some people wanted sympathy and thought you heartless if you didn't say anything. However others wanted you to act like it wasn't worth mentioning, and became offend if you said anything.

She smiled at Varius sympathetically, "I'm sorry to hear that." She said sincerely and squeezed his hand gently. She wanted to lighten the mood so she gave him a bright smile. "So he likes basketball?" "I'd love to play with you guys sometime, though you'd both probably kick my butt." "I haven't played in ages." She said sincerely, she really would like to meet his brother and play some ball with them.

She smiled at the waiter and thanked him before turning back to Varius, "so he lives here in ((.........))?" she asked before taking a bite of her meal, it was delicious.

((...........= What town are we in? lol XD))

She smiled at him and he felt something spark inside him...something new but welcomed. Isabelle reached out and squeezed his hand gently. His breathe hitched in his throat a bit and his heart fluttered in his chest. What was she doing to him? It felt so strange...but good. He never thought the touch of another person could feel like this. Varius swallowed the lump in his throat as she apologized to him about his brother; but soon she smiled brightly. Isabelle experessed a great intrest in coming to play basket ball with him and his brother. For some reason unknown to him...that made him happy. He smiled happily.

"I'm going to visit him across town tomorrow auctualy if you'd like me to come pick you up. Marco loves to meet new people...fair warning though he can play hoops around me even in a wheelchair...he can be a bit competitive."

He chuckled warmly but not too loudly at the memory of him and Marco playing Basketball.

"Basketball was what he wanted to do before his accident at work left him paralyzed."

Varius looked down at his food and took a bite. The food here was always great.

Isabelle grinned and nodded, she always liked making new friends and Marco sounded like a fun guy. Plus she thought slyly, she'd be able to spend more time with Varius. Despite her better judgment, she felt that if something were to develop between them she wouldn't mind.

"Sounds great, what time were you thinking?" She asked, as she had a few more bites of her meal. She liked his laugh, it seemed to light up his eyes. She laughed as he described Marco's competitive nature, "I'm competitive as well." She grinned cheekily at him, "you are defiantly going down my friend."

She listened as Varius described Marco's wish to play "Well he can still do it, a friend of mine is paralyzed and she plays on the national team." She smiled at him, "he could join a team if he works hard enough."

Varius swallowed a few more bites of food as she grinned and nodded. She asked him what time they would be going.

"As soon as you can be ready, he's an early riser so He'll be up by the time we get over there."

He thought about her laugh earlier. It was adorable and it made his heart flutter just a bit every time. Then she told him that she was competitive as well. Isabelle smiled cheekily at him and issused him a warning:

"You are definitly going down my Friend."

He looked at her a couldn't help but grin a little bit.

"We'll see about that.."

He looked her in the eyes intently as he listened to her talk about one of her handicapped friends as well and how she played on the team.
Varius waited until she was done talking and then smiled warmly a bit.

"Marco would love to hear something like that...He loves to play and just about drove me crazy to play with him when he found out that he could still play basketball in his wheelchair. Before the accident Marco was just a go getter...No liking to be in one place for long and to get things done. Still is...well, as much as he can be now a days..."

Isabelle nodded, "alright come pick me up anytime you want." "I'm up at dawn usually anyway." that was true, she liked to get up and watch the sunrise. It was a beautiful sight and she found that she could sit back and hear nothing but the sound of nature, sometimes she even did a little e painting or sketching.

She laughed at his comment, "you might as well just accept your fate." She said with mock seriousness, though there was a cheeky glint in her eye 'that way it'll be less embarrassing when i whup your but." She said playfully and grinned at him, she felt totally comfortable around him. Which was strange considering she only just met him, but she could tell already they'd be good friends.

She turned serious and nodded, "well I'll tell him about it and if he's interested I'll give him my friends number." She smiled warmly, "my mum was like that, could never sit still." She laughed a little, ''drove my dad and i nuts." She smiled almost to herself, then looked at Varius, "so are you a go getter like your brother?" "Or are you a couch potato?" She said with a grin, and ate some more of her lunch.

She gave him premission to pick her up anytime because she was up at dawn. Good, as was he. Varius usually didn't have the time to watch the sunrise or anything like that but he glanced at it on his way to work. Usually to the scene of the Photoshoot. The model was snapped back into attention when she laughed. He liked her laugh; it seemed genuine, real. It wasn't anything like the girls He knew were trying to play right into his arms. They knew full well who he was and as soon as they did, they stopped being stuck up and put on thier sweet girl facade. But he knew full well and wasn't going to be pulled into thier useless drama.

"You might as well accept your fate." She said in mock seriousness. "That way it will be less embarresing when I whup your butt."

He chuckled as he looked her in the eyes, a playful, cheeky grin on her eyes. Varius had never felt so...dare he say, comfortable around a stranger turned Co-Worker. The model was just happy to have someone to help him run the shop. She then told him that she would tell Marcus about the possiblity of him playing on a Basketball team again, even with his wheelchair. Isabelle let him in a little about her mother being one of those types who could never sit still and about how it drove her and her father nuts. Then...she asked if he was a go getter or a couch potato. He swallowed a bite of food he had taken and watehed as she continued to eat her lunch.

"Well...I wouldn't be a couch potato even if I had the time to be one. If I'm not in shop I am out on Photoshoots or being called by Adrian and agents to set up photoshoots. But here and there....I have time to relax. Usually Get invited out to have a few drinks with my model co-workers. I don't drink alot...usually don't like to so I'm responsible in that manner."

He smiled a bit.

"If it bothers you at all that I do indulge myself in a drink or two once in awhile then I will make sure I don't around you."

Varius took a bite of his food, looking up at her. She hoped she didn't mind...He only drank wine and it was only on special occasions. He knew that most people didn't mind but, there were always a few. That didn't bother him, he just wanted to make his new co-worker comfortable.