Underworld

Kryos flinched, moving away from her hand on instinct. Touching normally meant pain and pain was something he wasn't fond of. He hadn't been beaten in nearly a thousand years and he had no interest in it now. But once he realized she wasn't going to hit him, he decided to actually risk meeting her eyes. What? He was labeled broken for a good reason. "I remember the eyes..." he muttered, dropping his gaze again. D*mn it, Kryos, quit talking to her...Dracula will punish you.

Ella didn't like seeing her childhood friend like this. "I promise to get you of here." she whispered to him.

That got Kryos' attention. His eyes snapped back to meet her's, an old fire partially rekindled behind them. Freedom. He hadn't thought of that in years. Being free, being able to join his own kind in the war against this vampire he currently served, that was an old dream. A very old dream. He looked down at the mark on his wrist, the mark that named him a werewolf. The mark he was born with. He had hated it, in the old days, then ignored it. Now, he acknowledged it again. "Get me out of here...and I won't be complaining." He muttered, looking back up at her.

"I cannot force you to be on my side if i get you free but at least promise me that you will not harm me or my people." she told him very seriously. She knew very well that he would probably join his own kind but at least she hoped to get this promise from him.

"I'll owe you more than just that promise if you get me out of here..." Kryos said, making it clear that his freedom was worth much more to him than a simple promise would cover. He'd be in debt to her still, promise included. "But I do promise as much."

Ella nodded. She was glad he had agreed now if he would keep his promise would be the big question. "Alright then. I don't mean to sound rude but right now i need you to stay quiet and do as i. Got it?" she asked.

"I'm used to taking orders, miss." Kryos said, dropping his gaze again. Once, he'd given orders. Had a whole clan that followed him. Then he got caught. And now he took orders. But not for much longer, Kyros...not for much longer...

Dracula turned and headed into his chambers " children, we have plans to discuss." Dracula waved his hands at a large board in the center if the room, there was a large map with the terrain and which army or neutral party owned that portion. " as you can see we occupy much , but" he turned to Ella " when go you return word to your people?"

Ella followed behind Dracula. "I actually need to return today. I won't be gone long though. But may I ask something of you?" she said watching for his reaction. "As a way to seal our joining of forces, may i have the human in your basement?" she asked turning to face him fully.

Werewolf, I'm a werewolf...humans don't last here... Kryos thought, rolling his shoulder. He could barely hear them, but he doubted Dracula would just up and let him go. The vampire rarely let anything of "his" leave without a price.

" human? No that was a Lycian able to go from human to wolf creature at will. But it is your people who need mine so what do you offer in return? He used to be great you know among his own people, I hoped to make him a warrior for mine, but he lost his fight. He is of no threat but he knows the castle has information and while I do not fear my enemies there is no need to give them too much advantage."

"What would you like in return?" she asked. She knew that the man she saw in the basement was a lycan but she had to pretend not to know anything. Her wings fluttered, not out of nervous but from non-use.

Blair looks down at the Lycan. "I can get you out of here now if you want. Little miss princess doesnt have a chance. She has nothing to exchange for you and she wouldn't give up one of her people. My pumpkin cannon can get you out now."

" it's not what I'd like in return, it's more about what your willing to sacrifice." Dracula moved to his throne and resided there hidden in shadows. " what is your interest in him anyways?." His eyes turned to the pumpkin witch. "You saw you too might have something to trade? Well this could be interesting after all." A small smile on his face he waited.

Blair cackles. "Nothing. I live in three giant hollow pumpkins stacked up and I eat rats and fish."

Ella shrugged her slender shoulders. She figured the truth would be easiest. "We were childhood friends and I hate to see him chained up that way. Besides it's always been a dream of mine to have a wolf." she said honestly.

Witches and their magics... Kryos thought, growling at the witch softly, something he hadn't done in years. He hadn't so much as muttered a cross word let alone an actual growl at someone. Now, at the prospect of freedom, he was tapping into the old hates and trades he'd learned. He'd wished Ella hadn't told the truth, Dracula was known to use that against others and would no doubt one day use it against Kryos. And Kryos, because of his many years as a slave, would give in.

Blair hisses at the wolf. "Bad doggie."

Ella turned to witch. "Watch yourself, witch."

Blair glares at Ella. "Why don't you, princess?"