Undercover Operations

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
She nodded. "Makes sense. I'm Jay by the way." She held one of her arms behind her back as they neared the mess hall. "What's your name?"

"Names Shichiroji, but im called Bonez by fellow team mates or by my captain." Stepping a few feet ahead of her, he grabbed the handle of the door and propped it open for her to enter first.

Scorch nodded, satisfied with his tweaks. He walked to the mess hall with the box of ammo.

She nodded and went in. "Well, nice to meet you Bonez." She avoided eye contact with the other soldiers in the mess hall. Most of which she had met before, and none of them seemed to suit her comfort zone. She walked over to the food line and took a water bottle and some toast, then sat down.

Scorch walked in shortly after and sat down at the only empty table, he set his ammo box on the bench beside him and slowly loaded bullets into his mag.

Following behind Jay with a plate of food, he sat next to her, the loose amount of ammunition in his bags strapped to his vest would raddle after sittin down.
"Seems im a bit low on ammunition, any where I can go later to refill?"

"Hmm, I believe the armory is to the right of the building.." She turned and pointed to her right. "Then past the shooting range and the first building on your left." She smiled as it seemed her mental map of the place was coming in handy. "How long have you been here?"

"I been here on this campus for nearly a week now. But I been in the military since I was 13, my father was Captain, so he made sure I was ready and able to handle my self for anything I come by."
As Bonez began eating his breakfast, he cracked his neck a little to the right from a sore muscle. his plate was nearly finished after the 2 were having a conversation.
"After breakfast i'll be heading by there then to refill on ammunition then."

Kate nodded as she finished her toast. "I'm just gonna take a walk. Maybe we'll run into each other later." She put her tray on the rack and started back out the door.

Scorch dug through his ammo box, rattling the bullets and pulled a few out and loaded them into his mag.

As she got outside, she stretched and took a look around. She changed her mind about going to the commander, and instead started the other direction, towards the place where they kept the vehicles and planes. She ran her hand along one of the jet's wings. "So sleek, really fast.." She nodded her head to herself and walked over to some of the trucks. Her favorite was parked in the back. She slid behind the wheel and sat there. The cut sides didn't have doors, and the windshield had a gunner's place on the passenger side. It was the fastest truck they had. She leaned back and ran her hand over the seat.

Scorch put his mag in his vest pocket and grabbed a bagel. He took a bite as he walked out and looked around. He saw a few soldiers welding some steel plates on a humvee and thought, "I wonder what we use for transport..". He walked to the vehicle depot and looked at all the vehicles. He slowly walked in and while looking at the humvees, helicopters, and other vehicles he thought, "What can I turn into an armored monster?". The thought made him smile.

Now that she had memorized each detail of the truck. She ran her hand once more along the edge of the seat, then turned as she heard a voice behind her. "Oh, hey Scorch."

He jumped at the sudden voice and turned behind him. "Ah! Oh. It's you, hey." He walked over, "Is this one ours?" He looked it over.

"No, but it's my favorite of all of them. Ours is there." She pointed to a large tank like truck with a cannon and a gun on top. "It's a great one. Trusty, and can take a lot of hits." She took another glance at the truck she had just got out of and then walked over to the team's truck. "Thick hull, good space inside for the team."

Scorch turned and dropped his gun. "...I think I'm in love" He said and slowly walked over, staring at the vehicle.

Kate chuckled, picking up the gun he dropped and holding it back out to him. "Be careful, they just polished her up. The techies are quiet fond of her, their little girl." she looked over at one of them and gave a questioning look, they nodded. "But, they think it'll be ok for you to take a good look around. Just be careful." The techie went back into the garage as Kate opened the door to the truck. "There ya go."

Scorch took his gun and gave a 'thank you' nod then ran to the truck climbing into the turret. He traversed the turret in a few 360 degree turns. He was having as much fun as a child in a candy store.

Kate, having being entertained by the sudden change in Scorch's personality, leaned against the truck behind her, watching.