Under Wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alba's eyes flickered from the hands to the man for a moment, before he sighed. Oh, well. It wasn't like he could make this any worse. Besides, the guy was digging his own grave here, it wasn't Al's fault. He had nothing to feel bad about if the surfer ended up being disappointed, right? Right.

"Fine, okay! Is there, like, a terms and conditions I gotta read for this? You have all rights to show me off in public, please sign here?" He responded, deciding to go with humor as a reply. People like humor. It lightened the mood of otherwise depressing conversations about self-worth.

Chuckling from his joke, he grinned at the other before saying, "Ah, so you do joke around. I like it." He smiled and winked. Soon their food was brought over, and throughout the lunch, the Hawaiian would joke around with him, and just tell him stories of Hawaii legends that made no sense but, was a good story. Akoni found himself rather like the Hispanic's company. He was very kind, and sweet. Also, he was great to be around.

Alba had decided he was totally going home and watching romcoms tonight. This was too much for him. Too nice. He honest to god felt bad for the other man throughout the entire thing, as he nibbled at the mozzarella sticks he had gotten slowly. He quite enjoyed the stories and jokes and such, but really, too much. He was going to complain to Sara about this. How did she even FIND this guy, anyway? He was straight out of a magazine or something. Not that he had a lot of those.

Okay, fine, he had tons. But could you really blame him? The guys in the underwear ads were KIND of hot. Just a bit. He needed something to look at in his horribly less-than-romantic life, after all. That just happened to be it! He sighed to himself, but smiled a little down at his plate. Maybe this one would work out. Maybe. He didn't know for SURE, but it was possible, right?

After a few hours of talking, and just getting to know each other, Akoni finally realized what time it was. "Huh...We've been here for a while...Sorry I must have been talking ya head off." The man had finally put his hand up for a check, and a waiter walked over to give it to him. Pulling out his card, he handed it to the man, smiling. Then he looked back to his date, grinning at him.

He found out quite a bit today about Al. Al was really nice, a bit awkward, and sometimes quiet, but he was a breath of fresh air. Honestly, Akoni couldn't wait to see this guy again. "So, you need a ride home? I would be happy to give you one."

Alba blinked owlishly, staring for a moment, before he quickly got up "Shit, you're right, it's late. I didn't even drive my car here! Shit." he exclaimed "Oh, god. Yea. A ride would be great. I forgot I had to finish something today."

He looked up, offering a small smile "And it's fine. Really! My head's still on straight, yea? Perfectly a-okay." He gave a thumbs up for effect, before shrugging on his jacket and grabbing his bag "It was great, actually. Meeting you and all."

"Ya know I was thinking the same thing. We should do this again sometime, maybe catch a movie?" He hesitantly offered, not wanting to be too pushy. Obviously Akoni wanted to see him again. He was way too cute to not want to see again. Ugh, what if Al didn't feel the same? What if he was just being nice. He hoped he did want to see him again. "I mean, you don't have to, if you don't want to, but if you do, then I'm free when you are." Those full lips of his curved into a smile, as he walked him out the restaurant.

Sara really did a good job setting the two of them up, well at least Akoni thought so. Hey maybe they could blossom into something one day. It was way to early to tell right now, but Al was seriously cool, so Akoni had no problem in dating him if it ever came down to it.

Alba practically stumbled after him, seeming to be a bit speechless at the fact that he was asked to go out once me ".....Movie? Movie." he said incredulously, before quickly correcting himself "Not saying that it's a bad thing! Just surprised. Because, uh....yea. Usually these things end not well. But, uh, I'm basically free whenever. Don't actually have times for my job, hah...."

He trailed off, rubbing the back of his head. Okay. Movie. Totally. He could handle being asked out again by a hot surfer guy. He could do this. Well, actually, that was a lie, but he'd like to believe he could possibly not mess this one thing up.

His lips stretched further into a grin, as he lead the littke Hispanic man to his black pickup truck. "Awesome, awesome! Okay, how about tomorrow night then? I'm free after seven, we could catch a movie, then grab something to eat. Oh, here." He mumbled as he fished in his pocket, before pulling out his phone. After unlockingbhis phone and going to contacts, he handed it to Al.

"You can put your number in there, so I can call you when I'm on my way." He smiled, and opened the passenger door to his pickup for him, waiting for him to get in.

He took the phone, typing in his number, and naming himself 'The Cat Guy' in the contacts list. Satisfied, he handed it back, grinning widely. Honestly, the other man's grin was almost infectious.

"That sounds great! I'm looking forward to it." Al replied, feeling a bit goddy that it was so soon. Really! He had at least expected a few weeks, possibly a month! The next day? He was just a little amazed at that. Though, there was still a chance the other could cancel on him.

Akoni thought tomorrow was a bit soon too, but he was also afraid hat if he waited to long, the other would snap back to his shy ways. "So where d'ya live?" He asked as he started up the truck. As the truck rumbled to life, he slowly started to back out his parking spot, looking at the Spanish boy to tell him the address

"Uhm, do you know the apartment building near the middle of the town?" Alba asked, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly as he glanced over "I live there. Small apartment and all that. But, it allows pets, and that's good enough for me, y'know? And it has space for art and stuff."

"Yeah, yeah I know where they are. So you live on your own, with your cat?" Asked Akoni as he began to drive to the apartments.

Al nodded "Yea. It's just Gyro and me. Used to live with my ex, but......" He paused, before shrugging "Didn't work out. Obviously. I mean, I did say ex."

"Hmm, well whoever your ex was obviously is missing out on something great." Akoni stated, giving him a smile, before returning his full attention to the road. Soon he came up to the boy's apartment building. "This is it right?"

Alba nodded "Yea, this is it. And geez, you like to flatter, don't you?" He said, grinning a bit "Seriously, though, you don't have to suck up to me or anything. Sarah won't bite your head off, I'm pretty sure."

"I wasn't sucking up, simply stating facts." Smiled the Hawaiian man as he turned to him, not wanting the other to leave his company just yet. It was just...He had a lot of fun with Al. "...Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, I'll send you a text when I'm on my way. Alright?'

Al nodded, hesitating, before saying "You could come early? We could have dinner or something at my place, if you want. I mean, I got a lot of food in my fridge I need to get rid of, and...." he trailed off, before adding "Yea. I need to get rid of it. There's variety, so you should find something you like, I think. If you want to, that is.

Blinking a bit in surprise, Akoni's soft pink lips laced upwards into a smile. "That's not a problem at all. I would love to. What time you want me to come them?" He asked, eager to spend more time with the other.

"I usually eat around six, so maybe five thirty?" Alba shrugged, stepping out of the car "I don't really care. I'm free all day. You could literally come at 12 in the afternoon and I wouldn't be busy, or care." he added, sticking his hands in his pockets for comfort.

"Well as soon as I get finished with work, I'll definitely be here. I'll shoot you a text, before I come over, so you know when to expect me." Akoni was thrilled the other wanted to spend the whole day with him. Well, he too wanted to spend the whole day with Al as well, he was such a sweetheart.

Just then Al's phone been, meaning he got a message. The text was from Sara, saying 'Sooooo, how was it? Do ya like Akoni:huh::cupid:

Status
Not open for further replies.