Under This Setting Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sometimes closure is a good thing, he was killed." That was all he was going to say on the subject. Both he and Kabitsu basically stood in the snow looking at each other with their thumbs figuratively up their own arses wondering what they were going to do, they swore to each other neither would tell the girl what actually happened to her family and formed a lie. "I don't know who though," it was hard for him to lie and he wound up swallowing and not trying to approach her in any way afterwords. "Look, come with me," he waved from under the waterfall for her to come with him. He wanted to show her the horizon where the sun would set against the sky.

"If you thought sunsets were pretty you should see them from up here, there's a passage way in this cave that goes up and overpass you can see almost all of Alaska including the ocean, the sun sets just off the bay and it is the best sight ever." Snow started to fall again while he led the way up the steep parts of the cave reaching down to help the girl, he desperately wanted her to see something that would in hopes take her mind off her parents at least for a while. She of course would be hurt for a while but it was always best to make sure that hurt was controlled and not controlling her.

Akira glanced up just in time to see him swallow with a hint of nervousness. "You're a horrible liar and I'm going to find out what happened to my father. If anything I deserve that," she said as she stood up and followed him without another word about it. She silently climbed, managing most parts on her own just before she heard a howl...though none she recognized. The distraction made her slip and nearly fall had it not been for her being able to pull herself up quickly. She stood and brushed herself off as she looked in the direction of the noise. "Outsiders," she said simply, a sudden urge to kill coming over her though she kept following him instead.

MidnightMoon's ears perked when she called him a liar. They pulled back and he furrowed his eyebrow. "I could say the less you know, the better but your father was killed. I don't know by who or what but when my brother and I found him he was already gone. However he did have this with him." The boy flipped out a picture of her when she was young, her mother was holding her perhaps a newborn picture. Beautiful, it portrayed her and her mother in their innocence on the back or was written every day he spent away from his loving wife and child.

"He had a journal on him but hunters took it and burned it. I think this one was meant for you," he passed over a page next and shoved his hands into his pockets again taking to the last and final steps to the mouth of the cave, there he sat down and whistled. A beautiful hawk came flying towards him and landed on his arm. He passed a small fish over to the hawk and waited for the girl to join him.

"My Akira,

How you have grown, every day I spend away from you is like another hole that gets drilled into the furthest reaches of my heart. One of these days this letter will reach you, and if it doesn't you needn't worry. Your mother will care for you such as long as she lives. Watching your grow from a young girl into a young lady was such a joy and a heartbreak, I knew someday I would have to give you up, in my final hours I never expected it to be now. I have sent a wolf to your house. He will vote you- convert you into a werewolf but you needn't worry. A man I know very well will come to you after- offer you a place to live will protect you better then I ever could."

"Okay. So in our rage my brother and I killed everyone in the camp. Your father was staying there. Till he went home to you and your mother. He asked my brother to take care of you even as he lay dying in the snow. We tried to stop the outbreak, people are cruel but I guess I'm even worse...." He scarcely could stand lying to her and in this event decided to tell her the truth.

"It was both my brothers and my equal fault. We tried to change him but he stopped us. We could have saved him but that bastard decided he would be better off dead. My brother offered him a place in his pack and a life outside of where he was. He offered to accept you and your mother as well regardless. Werewolves as you know don't kill like vampires. They don't have to, they do it but that's their wolf nature and your father refused. He left you that damn letter and had some fucking witch come and curse me, he was a bastard Akira, and he loved you enough to make it so you changed instead of him. I can't understand his intentions but all humans appear to be the same." He looked away flicking his tail. He hated humans. They were all sick and vile creatures. A tear rolled down his eye. "He killed my sister... And my father. It was an accident when we killed him, because in his journal he logged wolves he killed and THAT was why he didn't want to be one he knew we would sniff it out on him. I cannot believe some humans are that cruel. And for what? Our pelts? That would have been nice, but no."

{I wanna cry so bad. ;;-;;}

Akira looked at the picture and immediately grabbed it from him. She stared down at it silently before putting it into her pocket. She took the letter and read it silently, tears coming to her eyes. She looked up after he finished speaking and shook her head. "Don't take this personally," she said simply before slapping him as she could, not caring about what form he was in. She changed into a wolf and ran off, her nose glued down to the ground as she sniffed out her leader. Among seeing him, she changed back and charged him. "You fucking bastard you killed him!!!" She screamed angrily as she went to go shove him into a nearby tree.

MidnightMoon's hand flew to his face. It stung for a moment but the burn went away after that. He watched Akira run off. "Females" he grunted to himself and spread his wings. "Didn't even wait long enough to see the sun set." He thought for a moment about going after her but in his mind, his body he knew he couldn't do that to her. She needed to vent. Probably get told the whole truth by Kabitsu, he was better at those kinds of things than MidnightMoon was.

"I did," he was nonshlaunt about it. Or so it seemed. "I suppose the whole story hasn't been told to you?" He was actually tending to the wounds of one of the pack members who lie face down on a wooden table and he was pulling rags of honey and salt off of him starting to stitch up whip markings. "Your father was a bastard Akira. He preferred to die over going home and telling you as a family he killed other families. He murdered hundreds of wolves before we got to him and yet I still offered him freedom inside the pack. I didn't mean to kill him, at first he was an innocent bystander in the village of the people who took my brother and I after killing our family and changing us for human experimental purposes. After he lay there dying I offered to change him, and no this does not take away from the fact I did in fact kill him. Only I have the ability to change people Akira. Duly remember that, do you remember the night you were changed? Remember the wolf that came and bit you. He was white, right?"

MidnightMoon took off from the cave ledge and flew to the camp knowing Kabitsu would need help fending off the pissed stronger then two full grown men female. When he arrived though Kabitsu was already halfway through explaining and so he stood beside the boy. "Get me some mint MidnightMoon," he said when he arrived. MidnightMoon grabbed for a pile of mint and poppy dreads handing them to Kabitsu while he tended more to the wounds.

"Also. While you were out not doing your duties one of the pups were injured. I should punish you greatly for a member so young, but I'd like to think you are hurt enough as it is hearing what you have. He's in with the medicine woman getting his nose fixed. He'll probably never smell again." MidnightMoon felt equally as guilty as Akira was made to feel until Kabitsu hopped up smacking him across the face. He fell to the ground with his brothers brute strength but rose again knowing that anything of that nature was like bearing your neck. (It's a werewolf thing. Any wolf that bears their necks is a sign of lower ranking. Werewolf speak) a cut on his cheek appeared but quickly healed over.

"I have no one to blame but myself. However that was MY SON that got hurt!" MidnightMoon silently stood saying nothing and making full eye contact the entire time. "Tend to Carter's wounds I need a breather." MidnightMoon's wound reopened again as soon as he sat down and continued his brother's work, he was afraid to say a word to Akira. He virtually didn't even look at her but a few side-glances to be sure she wasn't too hurt about the whole episode.

It was hard to imagine the cause of your change was the only man that had ever accepted you, not to mentio that same man that did. Killed your father. ModnightMoon couldn't fathom the kinds of feelings she was experiencing at that moment.

"If it makes you feel any better Kabitsu was not the one who delivered the final blow. I did. That was why your father sent that witch after me to kill me. Instead she cursed me to be a wolf at night and a vampire during the day. Feel free to be angry all you wish. But being angry doesn't really solve anything, does it?"

Akira silently listened to the story, her anger only growing in size. At his question about the wolf that bit her, her eyes widened and she had had it. He lied to her about that and about killing her father. She remained quiet though there was a deadly glare in her eyes as she tries to control herself. She hadn't meant for one of the pups to get hurt but at that point it was found in one ear and out the other.

She watched as Kabitsu smacked MidnightMoon and suddenly felt the urge to smack her own leader though she forced herself to remain controlled. Once Kabitsu was out of earshot, she looked down and realized that she was visibly shaking with anger. All of a sudden, that human pack didn't seem so bad. Sure she felt horrible about the injured pup but to be completely honest he was the weak link anyway and it was bound to happen.

She pulled over a seat and took a bucket of water as well as a wash cloth and sat down next to MidnightMoon. Without a word, she began to tend to the wound on his face, allowing herself to think for awhile. As she began to stitch up his wound, she sighed softly. "At least you were honest from the start. He lied to me not once but twice. I'm gathering the few things I have tonight and I'm leaving. I'm going to find the pack of humans you were talking about. I'd much rather be amongst them then spend another day with that lying bastard. I'm leaving tonight at midnight if you feel like joining. If not then I'm not waiting," she said, seemingly in a slight daze as she finished with his stitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.