"Under the Dog" (Futuristic/Sci-fi/Superhuman/Angst)

Any picture preferences?

• Anime

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Real

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Description

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a country with less focus would be pretty cool. How many roleplays are set in the US? Too many. Switzerland sounds promising.

Reactions: Aegylic and Rainjay
Switzerland it is!! Time for some research! > w < v

edit! that note, we will probably have quite some traveling involved; I'd imagine that successful task forces will be dispatched to other countries to deal with "higher ranking" missions.

First post has been updated to include a working character sheet (with thanks to Peterpantsu)!
For those of you who wish to tinker around with it, feel free to do so!

As a side note, what do you guys think about codenames?

Code names are always cool, and i'm not just saying that to show i'm still here.

Code names are cool. Depends on what kind of code name though. Some are kinda weird.

Okay, sorry that I haven't posted here in a bit, but I am still active!!

Profile Idea Addition?
Full Name

Alias

Appearance

Picture or description.

Grade
( High School/College and what year they're in ) <- Only students or teachers as well, because someone with an ability can teach someone else with one better than someone who doesn't possess an ability, though that is merely up for consideration?

Nationality

Ability and Its Disadvantage
At least one good paragraph describing your powers, the extent they can go to, their limitation, and the disadvantage of using it.

Personality
(adjectives will do) < - I personally am not for this, but that is up to you.

Biography
At least one good paragraph.

I added code name/alias because they are so cool and they help define a character.

I'm thinking code names are only used when on missions, and use of it outside will be considered rude and impolite.

Peter and I have been discussing about using numbers as code names (and therefore, will be seen as some sort of ranking system), or just a word that can describe that particular agent or the power that he/she has.

Teachers/Professors/Commanding Officers will probably be NPCs right now -- unless someone really really reaaally wants to play one. And if that's the case, please shoot me a message with your character idea. ^ ^

and YES! ermygawd I completely forgot about disadvantages... will be adding that in shortly.

As for the personality and adjectives -- that I will be leaving in there mainly because I know sometimes when I create a character all I have is a general feel of what they could possibly be like, but cannot describe in detail because they're just so new to me. In fact, when it comes to new characters, sometimes I fear to because then I would be setting boundaries and prohibiting character growth. Worst case scenario they end up sitting themselves on the ground half-way through the rp and just tell me "NO. I REFUSE TO WORK WITH YOU."

Of course, that's totally not the case if I know the workings of a specific character...

That would be perfectly fine with me, and I love new etiquette! And if you have numbers as code names, I feel as if it could take away a thing for personality but you are the boss so I'll follow.

That is alright if they are NPCs, I do not want to play one really bad, I just wanted to know, in a way, if there was a need for them.

I get that, I would not mind doing adjectives, because they are so fluid and easy to work with.

Hnn, in that case, how about I generate say, a five digit number, and that will serve as your character's ID number. Codenames will be given or chosen after a student has completed training and is deemed fit to go on missions. C:

We will probably not be rping out classes and training and the like, I'm thinking the RP will jump from between missions and breaks. Not everyone will be on the same page though -- it seems like this is going to get pretty big, so sometimes we may end up with multiple task forces.

In other news, the story intro is complete and we are in the process of hashing out details. Aaaand!! I have found our potential campus!!
vc2_artwork02_ign.jpg

In the process of thinking up a character, dibs on being from Italy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I regret to report that I will be going AWOL (or MIA) for the next two days
However, (as a form of consolation) the first post has been edited to include an current version of the story.
It may be prone to edits as we hash out further details, but as of now it is what we have! C:

(pssst, ya'll should thank MachinaWriter and Rainjay for being so awesome -- otherwise it wouldn't be there now)

Name: Markus Parviainen
ID Number:50367
Codename:Rasputin
Grade: Junior (College)
Nationality:Finnish
Ability: Fast Healing
Class:CQB (Hand to Hand, Bladed Weapons, Short Range Fire Arms)
Personality:Markus wears the visage of cool and collected; his inner demons serve as a reminder of his superficial untruth. His physical strength and headstrong nature often place him in positions of leadership. Like an older brother to all, he feels responsible for the wellbeing of those who surround him. Markus' fleeting moments of peace and serenity exist only when he is helping others. It's his way of balancing out his karma, as he blames only himself for his brother's predicament. His newfound attitude is mimicry of his brother's personality; the person whom he cherishes most dearly.

Appearance:
6bb2bcac3afa96f1c3e18091742b80ca1367971837_full.jpg

(Blonde hair, green eyes.)
History:At the tender age of five, Markus lost his mother. She had been battling cancer for some time; everyone knew her premature death was an eventuality. Her untimely death drove an already abusive husband to become an even more violent father. Markus felt it was his duty to protect his brother from their tormenter. And when Jari grew older he and Markus found solace in eachother. Nothing could touch them when they stood together. Markus' father played three roles: father, tormentor, and teacher; Markus and his brother were homeschooled. Schooling ended at sixteen for Markus, his father evicted him from their household. He battled with homelessness for a few weeks, until he found a job doing manual labour for room and board. Markus slowly climbed his way up economically with the hopes of getting Jari away from his father. Three years later he accomplished his goal, he managed to remove the shackles from Jari, freeing him from their father's house; right into the clutches of the Academy.

Collateral:(Jari Parviainen) Markus' younger brother and closest companion, he and Markus are twins at heart; though they are complete opposites. Jari was born frail of the body, suffering from a rare birth defect; whereas Markus was a natural athlete. Markus always had a history of succumbing to his emotions, Jari's gentle and collected nature helped him through his hardships. Born to an abusive father and a mother near death: the two had only eachother to depend on for support.

Enrollment:Anger got the best of Markus three years ago; it drove him to kill his father. Strangulation was the cause of death; only a few minor bruises were found on the body, Yet, the kitchen where the event took place recieved a fresh coat of rusty crimson. Sampling later showed the blood belonged to the unscathed Markus. The IA took interest in this event and freed him from his cell at the police headquarters. Little did he know that his new destination proved to be an even worse prison.

Summary: During his youth Markus wore his heart on his sleeve; as well as the blood of those who angered him. International Academy taught him how to mask his overwhelming emotions; regrettably, he was never able to rid his mind of them. It's onerous to keep hold of your sanity when you feel the weight of everyone's problems on your shoulders.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aegylic
Is this alright?

--------------------------------------------

[ Name ]
Jalila Darzi

[ Code Name ]

[ Age ]

[ Grade ]
High School Senior

[ Nationality ]
United Arab Empire // Thailand

[ Ability ]
Jalila has a such a high intelligence quota that she can break just about any lock, puzzle, combination, and so forth. The biggest downfall is that she does focus really hard on breaking a said lock, so she can and does get massive headache with can go from basic hurting to bad enough to passing out. The latter is the reason why she is preferred to stay back as a techie, but sometimes she is needed up front in the field.

[ Class ]
Primarily technician but sometimes support and espionage.

[ Personality ]
Snarky, Cocky, Sensitive, Loyal, Active

[ Appearance ]
Jalila

[ History ]
----------Jalila was born into a high-middle class family in the United Arabic Empire, which, compared to many places, she should have been in a wealthy family because of income. Her mother was sad that she did not birth a son, but her father fell in love with her, she was his baby girl. Her father ended up showing preference to the daughter more than his wife and so Jalila's mother soon became jealous of her. After uncovering and stopping a plot for his daughter to be killed, Sindbad, Jalila's father, divorced her mother and took the ten year old girl to Thailand where some of his family members had moved to start a large business. When Sindbad aided his brother, the business became an empire and Jalila became more and more spoiled, though the only person she really did trust after the attack of her mom was her father. Because she always wanted to make him proud she brought back amazing grades, even for a private school, and tried to help him out on his computer, even though, for some reason, she started to develop a continuous problem with headaches.
----------One day she heard that someone had been trying to hack into her father's company and she went to the computer and ended up blocking a very powerful, well known hacker. Though nothing was attributed to her because Jalila told no one, she felt prying eyes on her. Some at her house, but even more at her school. Then after completing a competitive test in her private school and clearly beating everyone, she went home the next day to see a few men and her father talk. From middle school on she went to the Academy.

[ Collateral ]
Jalila's father, who means the world to her, as well as the business he runs.

[ Enrollment ]
They found Jalila due to her beating one of their hackers who were well known, but she was taken after exploring her intellectual history where she had come out on top or on top with little to no competition in a school of very smart children.

[ Summary ]
Jalila had a mixed childhood that left her and her father's bond close, though she was not aware of a gift that she possessed. She had the ability to break any lock, crack any code, and figure out many problems. However, she was not aware of what lurked for her kind and now she goes to school to protect the one person she loves, her father.

Back!! (mostly) I'm sad cause the semester starts tomorrow.... OTL

Now! For the most part, Ethereal I think your profile is fine! c:
Peter I already spoke with before hand ^ ^

Last edited:
I'm a little hesitant to give an affirmative green light to any and all profiles right now mostly because of the history of the rp -- with the inclusion of the global terrorist attack "Lost Winter" and virus details, I'm trying to decide exactly how much that event would have impacted most of our character's lives.

-- Should they have suffered through the virus?
-- How many hometowns have been attacked by said terrorists?
-- Would social status/classes influence either of the above? If yes, how so?

Really, it's up to you. Although I'd suggest both that the characters in question wouldn't have suffered through the virus (so far it sounds pretty fatal) and that lower social classes would have suffered more. Usually places as such are less healthy and more perceptible to illness and the like. Higher classes would be able to probably just hole up in their homes and wait things out. As such, it would make more sense for terrorists to attack lower class communities- less security.

• Thank You
Reactions: Aegylic
With the closure of our poll, I have officially begun work on the role-play!

The OOC thread has been posted.

In Character thread is currently in the works as I am in the process of typing up details about the virus, campus, and missions.

Reactions: TheGDeer
Status
Not open for further replies.