"Under the Dog" (Futuristic/Sci-fi/Superhuman/Angst)

Any picture preferences?

• Anime

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Real

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Description

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Ethereal!! I totally don't mind you cannon-balling in here~ XD

And guys, I spoke way too soon -- last night I came down with a summer cold and miserable is an understatement. ;____;

I actually very much like both of your ideas....Ethereal and Urdnot.
Maybe it's possible to merge both ideas.... maybe say it's a virus that alters a specific genetic code in a person, and that's what causes their abilities, but they also have side effects which can vary from person to person... hence they probably have to do something different....

totally bouncing around ideas right now. > <

@Aegylic

Yay! I am welcome~
And aww, I hope you feel better. I hate colds, especially if they come with the sniffles.

I think it is possible to combine the two, though what they will have to do to fulfill the roles will probably be different. And if there is a virus that does such, can it affect any age or will it be affecting the womb only (so peeps are born with it)?

if it only affects the womb then it would alter how the timeline history of the rp is, because people probably wouldn't readily notice the effects until some years later, even then when they do notice it'll probably be when the majority of them are still kids...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if it targets only a certain age/generational group, then we'd probably end up with something like a genocide-massacre... To that effect, I'm going to say that it can target any age group, but developing children/teenagers are more susceptible to it?

That makes perfect sense to me. Would you like me to make an older character, if not just for story line?

I'd say you are more than welcome to create your character as you see fit~
I, personally, will probably make my character on the older side of the spectrum, although I haven't decided what the ideal age range will be just yet.

If you have a character sheet format that you would like to use, I will get started building my character and I will present it to you. Also what type of magic resonates with you better, from the suggested or your thoughts?

I currently do not have a character sheet right now. D:
However.... straight off the top of my head, I will probably need the following...

Full Name:
Grade: High School/College and what year they're in
Nationality:
Ability:
Personality: (adjectives will do)
History: (as short or as long as you need -- primarily as to how they came to the Academy and who the organization is threatening)

What type of magic? Err, that's hard.... preferably something that enhances oneself? Such as... lesee....
- ability to cling onto walls/ceilings (hang upside down and etc.)
- poisonous blood
- retractable claws (although I'd imagine the unsheathing process could be potentially painful)
- freezing a liquid (Urdnot's suggestion)
- causing explosions if provided a source of fire
- enhanced eyesight/hand-eye coordination/senses in general
- resistances to certain things/environments (cold, heat, blades, intoxicants, etc.)

admittedly, I'm not sure if that's enough for you guys to get a feel of where I'm going with this though D:

Might play with that character sheet a bit already. Still not sure where you want the story to go precisely so I will leave out some things. It will be fun to think of some powers though!

I would love to join, if you'd have me. I like the sound of this, just might check out the Kickstarter as well.

@Rogue
ahaha~ to be honest, I'm not so sure where this will go myself! ; w ;
Also -- if you guys come up with any missions for them to do; that would totally be awesome!
They could be almost anything from "recruiting" new members to infiltrating a suspected enemy hideouts and the list can go on~~

You all are free to tinker with that character sheet! Just keep in mind that I may or may not be editing it in the future > <

Welcome, Peter! The more the merrier!! C:
And yes, please do!! They have a trailer and some pieces of concept art up, and it's looking really cool! ^ ^

Last edited:
First post has been edited to include more Interested Users! C:

Welcome, Rainjay! ^ w ^

Reactions: Rainjay
So, I'm a little late to this, but figured I'd jump in. I love the science fiction element of it, but my only curiosity is the whole highschool/college age thing. Is there a separation there as far as campus, and the like? I guess the concept of a school being for both high school and college people doesn't click in my head.

Read all the info on the Kickstarter page and I'm now more interested than ever (i love pretty well everything Masahiro Ando has worked on). Both for the project and the roleplay. I'll be pledging $60 to the kickstarter and my heart to this roleplay. My character will start being created right away and I'll PM you to see if everything fits or not.

• Love
Reactions: Aegylic
@MachinaWriter
Welcome, welcome!! :D
On campus there will probably be a it of separation, each will have their own classroom buildings. However, other facilities such as dorms, cafeterias, the track, shooting range, etc. will more than likely be shared. Task forces will probably also be of mixed ages as well; a force (depending on how big it'll be) might have one or two experienced college-aged agents to lead the younger high-school aged ones.
I hope that made sense? > <

@Peterpantsu
Oh wow!! I don't know what else to say other than YAY! x'D

In the meantime, I really should get cracking on the actual set-up of the rp. Will anyone be willing to volunteer as a beta-reader/editor? Basically I'm looking for someone to help me read what I'm typing up, let me know if it makes sense or not, and help me improve it so it can be more coherent. I'm still battling this summer fever and I worry if it'll affect what I end up writing.

I can beta-read and edit. I mean, that's pretty much what I do for a living, anyways lol

In that case, I shall enlist the aid of Machina and Rainjay! c':
When I am done with the story (which will probably be a descriptive paraphrase of what I have on the first post), I shall pm it to both of you to review! ^ ^

Reactions: Rainjay
In that case, Peter would you be willing to help me beta-read the setting then?
I'm still debating if this should be set in LA, New York, or a completely different country. Like Switzerland (oh, the irony!)

Status
Not open for further replies.