Under a Rock

K

Kitti

What movie, book, or show have you heard tons of great things about, people seem to like it a lot, maybe it even won some awards but... you just haven't read/watched it?

Is it on purpose (maybe you don't think it can live up to the hype or just isn't your thing) or you simply didn't happen to interact with it and haven't gotten around to it now?

Do you have any plans to give it a try?

The Lord of the Rings movies. I love the books, and though people tell me I should watch the movies, I...there's no Tom Bombadil, no barrow-wight, and what else did they frickin cut out?? So no, I don't have any particular intention to watch them.

Mr. Robot. Mainly cause I barely have time to watch the shows I've already invested myself in, so picking up new ones is a lil' tough. Will probably get to this eventually.

Atlanta and Brooklyn 99 are different cases, cause they're 30-minute episodes and a bit easier to get into. In their case, I haven't watched mostly cause I don't feel a sense of urgency in catching up with comedy series. I'll inevitably randomly pop an episode open.

Until recently, Undertale. Man oh man, did I miss this games popularity peak by a few years, but I got it. It didn't occur to me until this year to see if it was part of Steam's infamous summer sale, and sure enough, it was. Loved it, though. Deserves every bit of praise it gets.

Sherlock Holmes for sure. I've heard a lot about how amazing the books are but I've never really thought to give it a try. I don't think I will in the foreseeable future either!
(of course I could just be saying that to spring a surprise "I've read THIS ONE >:D" on someone in the near future)

From the top of my head: Star Wars and Star Trek. I haven't gotten around them yet and I'm a slightly bit intimidated by the hugeness of both. I just don't know where to start.

Marvel superheroes kinda fall into that lane as well, but at least I had some exposure of them in my childhood, though limited.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Spekkun
I have yet to see a single episode of Game of Thrones. I don't even know what it's about. Dragons? Am I right?

The It remake. I want to see it...It, hah. I thought my sister owned it, but it turned out she watched It on demand.

Stranger Things. I'll get to it one day, I swear. It sounds like everything I would like, but there's a list that comes first.

I haven't watched anything Star Wars that came out after Force Awakens. Eh, I'll watch the others if I get the chance, but I've never been very big on the series, at least for the filmverse. The extended universe plays with the concept of good and evil more and I find that interesting. The films just kind of lump all the bad guys and good guys into separate categories and call that good enough. And then the extended universe was thrown out of canon so...yeah. I prefer shows that at least nod to the work put into extended universe. (Though I hear the Boba Fett movie be based off the books, yay?)

Bollywood movies. I have seen two in my life and they were awesome. I need to watch more. I just don't know where to start.

Game of Thrones. It looks interesting actually, but I don't have any access to HBO or any other streaming platforms at the moment. Looking for sites that have it posted as well is also a pain.

The Office. Again no access to streaming platforms. But i really, really, really want to see it. (that one clip of the cpr dummy has been going around, and it's like rubbing salt in my wounds that I haven't been able to watch it)

The Flash . . .

Game of Thrones. I've only heard positive things, but never got around to watching it. I would really like to, but, you know... I don't have the time/enough interest to get started. Plus it's a bit intimidating, both the amount of content I'd have to start absorbing, and the already massive fanbase.

:cookie:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
Star Wars, and until very recently, Firefly.

The Elder Scrolls. I'm a Skyrim fan but the lore is TOO MUCH and o_o way too intimidating.

Critical Role :'D I know it isn't as popular as other things on this list but I keep getting bombarded by it :'D I have watched too episodes, and it is enjoyable. I just don't like it being the topic at hand all the time.

The Elder Scrolls. I'm a Skyrim fan but the lore is TOO MUCH and o_o way too intimidating.

The lore in the TES games is so vast and ridiculous that there's an entire site (and a subreddit) dedicated to it.

Take my advice and, uh, don't bother. It's addictive. Pls don't.

• Haha
Reactions: Greenie
Keeping up with the shenanigans.

And I still haven't seen Avengers Infinity War, yet.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Dexter. >:[ It's on my to watch list but I never get around to it.

Game of Thrones. I've only heard positive things, but never got around to watching it. I would really like to, but, you know... I don't have the time/enough interest to get started. Plus it's a bit intimidating, both the amount of content I'd have to start absorbing, and the already massive fanbase.

:cookie:
I haven't seen it either but I think (from what seems to be swirling around online) that they are no longer making new seasons and just finished filming the last, so it might be less daunting now knowing that? I feel like it's a bit less daunting, anyway.

Reactions: Dipper
Brooklyn 99 and How I Met Your Mother

I've watched a few episodes of HIMYM (cause it was what my cousins were watching on tv in the airbnb we stayed at during our EU trip). It got me to look it up, but after that I didn't get the desire to continue watching it. Whatever curiosity I gained from watching the few episodes was pretty much satisfied with reading the wikia :'D

As for B99, I've never tried watching a full ep of it. I've seen a bit of it from my coworkers and have heard the laughter from friends while they were watching it, it's just... not my cup of tea xD

I don't think I'll be watching these two shows any time soon, but who knows. Maybe someone will convince me to give em a shot.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Titanic, Undertale, and Stranger Things.

The only one I really ever plan on watching/playing is Stranger Things. I just know how Titanic goes, and I am not a fan of the Undertale art style.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I haven't seen it either but I think (from what seems to be swirling around online) that they are no longer making new seasons and just finished filming the last, so it might be less daunting now knowing that? I feel like it's a bit less daunting, anyway.

They're not? Huh. Then maybe I will give it a try.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
Titanic, Undertale, and Stranger Things.

The only one I really ever plan on watching/playing is Stranger Things. I just know how Titanic goes, and I am not a fan of the Undertale art style.

Definitely try Stranger Things. Haven't yet finished the second season, but the first is worth it. Great show.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Spekkun
Breaking Bad.

I'm never watching it.