Undead: Nomads

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman asked her about what she wanted. "Oh, we were just looking for some extra muscle. Something that would make our group stronger against walkers. You know, someone with the ultimate weapon."

Selena was frozen in fright of the people around her. She sees her friend but she is still scared "I hope they don't kill me i'm really scared." She thought to herself. She slowly walked towards her friend.

"I think my young friend mean that we are better off in a group than by ourselves. Oh by the way my is James."

"Kaleb, that's enough," Ryu spat, whipping blood on to his sleeve. "Back off..." He gasped as he saw what the man had taken from the supplies, a blow torch which appeared to be in full working condition, "oh Jesus... No..."

The older man just grinned as he looked from brother to sister. "You're a smart girl aren't yah, you didn't trust me at all did you, you saw that there was something off. Bet you don't know what that something is though do yah?" He smirked as he cornered the girl. "I'd have loved to chase you around before the end but, with so many people in the area I wouldn't want to cause a fuss now would I... I'll just have to go hungry for a few days. He drew his revolver and pressed it against the girls chest and pulled the trigger.

Kiyra felt the gun jolt as he set the weapon of but felt nothing. Her knees seemed to have given up as she whimpered, "y... you're a.... a cannibal. You're... fucking insane." She heard the sisnister hiss of a flame as Kaleb pressed a hand against the girls mouth.

He looked back at Ryu who had apparently passed out from a mixture of pain and fear. "Now then, I don't want to kill you. I don't need that kind of attention." He held the torch against the girls face, "I may be many things but I'm not insane and I am most defiantly not a psycho." His words were calm as he held the girl against the wall with a single hand, the sight and sent of burning flesh seemed to have no impact on him. The only genuin emotion he showed was shock as the girls shirt went up in flames which spread quickly forcing him to back off in to the unknown and the barrel of a gun which went off with a loud thump as the bullet made short work of flesh and bone.

Ryu rushed to find something to extinguish the flames before sending off another two flairs in opposite directions. He then sat with his sister, bewildered and scared for her life as well as his own, he could do nothing but wait and hope that someone would hear the commotion.

Sylvia whirled around at the sound of gunfire. The window revealed two flares lighting up the sky.

"Something's happening! Let's go check it out!" she ran out the door and glanced around, shooting off in the direction of the flares.

"Come on, guys! Those people need help!" she shouted.

Ryu stood, dragging the corpse off the roof and looking out over the area and sighed. He kept a tight hold on his weapon as he went back to his sister. He couldn't help but grimace at what he saw. The burns ran up the right side of her body, glistening even in the shade, He peeled her shirt away and threw it aside, most of the right side of the thing had been burnt away completely. He then simply sat there for a moment or two until Kiyra spoke.

"Y... you're bleeding... are you ok?" Her voice was barely audible as she spoke.

Ryu nodded, "That'll be a black eye tomorrow," he laughed as he dabbed at his face with his sleeve. "You need to rest alright, help is on the way." He cleaned the girl up as he waited and hoped that it would soon be dark. He stood suddenly as he heard something below... People?

Sylvia raced up the stairs, straining to hear a voice. Anything to give her a hint of trouble. The others were far behind. She reached the top of the stairs to see a boy standing over a little girl.

"All you guy's okay?"

The girl moved just enough for her to see a gun wound.

Try smirks, "been better..." He holds his sister's hand, he had a damp bit of cloth which he had been using the cool the girl down.

She pulls out a pair of tweezers, disinfectant, and some cloth.

"Here we go. She'll be alright."

Sylvia takes the tweezers and pulls the bullet shell out, while the girl shrieks in pain.

"Stay still. Here, bite this." she hands her a stick from her pack.

"I'm going to put some disinfectant on the wound. Try not to scream."

She pours some disinfectant on the wound.

Ryu saw the blow torch lying on the ground and smirked, "bastard." He threw the thing away looking at the burns on the child's body. "C'mon you're gonna be alright."

Kiyra bit down on the stick as the bullet was removed, she looked at the stranger and then to her brother. She shuddered and suddenly everything felt heavy. She whimpered as she felt something brush against her, "oh fuck... W.... what..."

Ryu cut in before the girl panicked too much. "Hey... look at me, just keep your eyes on me for now... I know it hurts..." He sighed an put a hand on hers. He heard something and got to his feet, "son of a..." He took the safety of his pistol as he waited for something to go on, "This could get messy."

Helen sighed. These people wanted a weapon? She wasn't a weapon or a tool or a protector. She was a survivor. That was all anyone in this day and age was. The person looked like they were going to continue, but some commotion outside drew their attention and they took off. Helen groaned as she packed up what little she had found.

"We're leaving. If you want to stay with them, you better hurry. As loud as they're being right now, they'll be lucky if none of the infected come running to investigate what the noise is. As for me, they've got the wrong idea if they think I'm going to be some kind of weapon for them to lean on."
She turned to the girl. She reminded Helen of herself so many years ago. Unsure of what to do, scared of the future, determined to get through whatever came her way. Was that why she seemed to tolerate her staying by her for so long?

Heading for the front door, she glanced outside to see what the status of walkers around was. She had picked off a good portion of them not too long ago and it didn't seem like there were any nearby. Still, if there were...then they'd start coming in swarms again.

Sylvia just kept working, while the boy stood up and pulled out his gun. She took the cloth and rubbed the disinfectant into the wound.

"Just bite the stick, okay? You ain't dying on my watch."

The girl cried out as the cloth was pushed into her stomach. After cleaning the wound, she wrapped a strip of cloth around her body.

"Now, I need you to breathe. Slow it down a little, if you go too fast you'll pass out. "

Then, she picked up the damp cloth and rubbed it against her body, cooling her off.

Last edited by a moderator:
She flinched at seeing the walkers. "There is a lot of them" she said quietly. "Do think they will hurt us? those people i mean?" She said looking at the women that had helped her. "I wonder why she has been so nice to me all this time why keep me around also aren't i just a burden to her oh well i will ask her all these things when the time is right which is not now!" she thought to herself.

Sylvia was nearly done. She looked at the girl. She was only a little kid. Why, she remembered when she had been shot at the age of 12. The wound was still there, a tiny hole in her stomach now.

Ryu's heart sank at hearing something he wished he hadn't, he walked to the edge of the building to see three zombies crawling up the side of the building, "tha's not possible..." He ran back to his sisters side, "let's get you inside." He did his best to sound calm as he looked behind his shoulder to see a mangled hand reaching up. He turned back his weapon ready for the first sign of a head to remove.

Sylvia helped the girl up to go with the boy to safety. The zekes were coming closer.

The ground was beginning to begin crawling with walkers. Damn...why do I keep getting involved!? She turned to the girl. "We're going to the roof and I'm going to give those idiots come time to get away from here. You want to help...then either go and help them get away or come and help keep my ammunition supply coming. Either way, we need to move!"

She bolted towards the stairs and took them two at a time, bounding up to the top of the building. She didn't know if the girl was still with her, but she didn't have time to check. She whipped her rifle to her shoulder and gazed down the scope. Sooner or later, those walkers would begin flooding the buildings for food. She needed to thin their numbers some before they began their rampage.

She ran upstairs with the women. "I have to help the women i'm don't know what to do." she thought as she is running up the steps. "I know i can help her plus i don't trust those people yet plus i don't think they would have listen to me." She thought looking at the women.

Ryu dropped took out three more before falling back behind the door to lock it, "That could have been worse" he said with a sigh of relief.

Sylvia calmly began to wrap a strip of cloth around the bullet wound. The girl cried out again, and this time, she let it come.

"Just cry, sweetheart. It's alright to express your pain. Just don't go too hard."

Status
Not open for further replies.