Uncontrolled

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaylin woke up after a while of sleeping but made no move to indicate she was awake. She lay where she was, just looking out the window. How long had they been flying? 'Not long' Jaylin surmised. She never slept for more than twenty minutes at a time.

Bruso carefully grabbed the case and handed it to her.

"How old are you?" Bruso asked with a hint of sadness. He never liked when he had to see your people see the world so little .

Alex once again flicked the helicopter on auto-pilot after making sure the area was clear. She took the makeshift bandage off her arm, the bite a dark blue, but not spreading like the virus usually did. She opened the kit and took out a blue bandage, setting it beside her and picking up a red liquid dropping a single drop on the bite. It steamed. "Nineteen." She answered. "You?"

Bruso leaned in close so as to cover up what was happening in the front seat. His demeanor changed.

"You have luck today, because the girls are here I am able to think logically even when I should be terrified. You have 2 minutes to explain that bite before I defend these girls." He looked her in the eyes. No sign of infection.

Alex sighed, stopping in her care. "Mya bit me. She is a stable version of the virus. I am the stable version of the cure, which supposedly no longer exists. When they combine, whoever they combine on, whether it is Mya or I, gets a nasty, infected cut that does not spread and is not infectious. It stays for 16 days before clearing up overnight, leaving a scar." she said before continuing. She held out her other arm. It has three scars. "As I said before, watch out for Mya." She never looked up at Bruso.

Jaylin could hear the two in the front. Her eyes widened in shock, although there was no other sign that she was awake. She glanced over at the two. 'How long would it have been until she told us if Bruso hadn't seen that?" Jaylin wondered how many other secrets Alex kept. She began to question how much they should be trusting her.

Bruso sighed and shook his head "sorry to get so confrontational. Just never hear of anyone surviving a bite from one of them." He looked at her. "So you don't get infected on bite?" He seemed suddenly more intense, but in a friendlier way.

Alex shook her head. "I do not." she said. "It's okay..most people just shoot me." she shrugged.

Tired of just sitting in the corner, Jaylin sat up and unbuckled herself. Without a word she walked over and sat by the two seats in the front of the helicopter. She wasn't trying to be sneaking or scare anyone, she just wasn't in the mood for talking right now.

(Can I jump in or is it closed..)

Alex glanced over at her, but stayed silent, not speaking now. She looked ahead again, thinking as she looked for the familiar church. "Is there anything you want to know?" she directed the question to Jaylin and Bruso. It was quiet.

(you can jump in)

"How strong is your desire to save this race." he said it plainly now that Jaylin was in front. The little girl remained asleep in back.

Jaylin waited patiently for the answer to Bruso's question. She didn't have one of her own so that was good enough. She sat cross legged between them.

Alex looked up at him, only to enforce her answer. "Strong enough to give up my life, my last breath, my last drop of blood." She answered. "I devote every minute of my life to save your race." She says.

'Wow.' that answer definitely shocked Jaylin. How could she be so adimant about protecting their race? There had to be something deeper right? Jaylin didn't question it though. Alex's answer, and the genuineness of it, erased any doubts she had held earlier. She could trust Alex. Anyone willing to die to save them is trustworthy is Jaylin's eyes.
"I trust you." Jaylin said quietly.

Bruso turned suddenly.

"my race?" He stood abruptly. As if making a statement.

"No. I don't know what you are. But if that desire is in you, it's our race." He placed a hand on Jaylin's shoulder gentily. "All of our race. I've been trying for the last year to gather a movement. Not to fend off these things, everyone is doing that. But to build a culture of strength and unity. You may be the symbol we need."

Alex shook her head, looking forwards. "I can never be like you.." she sighed, setting it on auto-pilot and inputting the coordinates. She was done flying. She leaned back in the seat, her eyes closed. "Anyone created in a lab is no longer human..but machine, technology. An object."

"Anyone with that desire in them is more than a machine. Desire is an emotion." He said it as if it were plain. "An object only does tasks, they have no ulterior motivation, no scope. How we got her is irrelevant. It's where we're going that counts.

Jaylin smiled softly and nodded. Bruso had a point. If they could gather enough people they could not only fend off the infected but build up again. Make a small little community.

Alex looked over at him, watching him for a long moment before nodding. "Okay." she said quietly, understanding now how he could possibly call herself and him the same race. She looked at Jaylin and managed a small smile before looking forwards, watching the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.