Uncontrolled

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaylin set up her rifle, resting it on the ledge of the building, gunning down all of the infected she could. When she heard the girl whimpering she paused and turned to her. Looking the girl dead in the eyes Jaylin promised her something she had swore she would never promise anyone, simply because it is impossible. "I will never, let a single one of these things touch you, you understand. You're safe with us. None of us will let them hurt you, ever." The little girl nodded her head, keeping a death grip on Jaylin's hand. When she turned back to her gun, the girl gripped the back of her tattered shirt. "When Alex gets here go with her okay!" Jaylin had to yell over the sound of the helicopter and her gun.
Despite her efforts the infected were closing in fast and they were running out of time.

Bruso jolted into consciousnesses when he heard the screams.

"What the hell is going on? Who is this girl?" He looked around frantically, holding tight to the little girl, who also began to wake up.

"What is that noise?" She whimpered and held close to Bruso.

"Where the hell did they-" Bruso saw the helicopter and charged at light speed. He would not let this chance pass.

OOC: looks like I missed a party! Sorry!

(OOC: Sorry Ruseru..didn't mean to go so far without ya o.o..sorry)

Alex put the helicopter on auto-pilot hover before leaning into the co-pilot's seat, taking the automatic gun controls and laying a line of fire on the edge of the mob, drawing them back. She tapped the mic. "Jaylin. Get on the ladder!" she growled before letting go of the controls, going to the back of the helicopter. It swayed lightly from the shift of weight. She knelt by the ladder and peeked over, noticing Bruso had the little girl. She glanced around and noticed a life-basket. This isn't a military helicopter..it's rescue.. She realized with a smirk before grabbing the basket and tossing it over until the rope went taunt. "Put her in the basket Bruso!" she said into the mic, tapping it off and moving it to hang around her neck while she held the basket line.

Jaylin quickly left the ledge, glancing back at the mob. Well that line of fire should hold them off long enough.' she thought running toward the helicopter. The ladder swayed slightly but Jaylin grabbed a hold of it. She quickly climbed the ladder. Once inside the helicopter she began helping Alex pull the girl into the helicopter.

Bruso lightly placed the girl in the basket before running towards the ladder and jumping on. "Help her up!" He proceeded to begin climbing the ladder, looking down at the mob. I'll kill every single one of you bastards.

"What is going on right now?" The little girl said through a panicked breath. She was curled up and crying to herself.

Jaylin pulled the girl from the basket once she was safely inside and hushed her crying. "Shhh, it'll be okay. Remember my promise?" The little girl nodded, sniffling as tears still fell. "I won't let them hurt you." The little girl wiped her tears away, "Promise?," her voice was small as she looked up with hopeful eyes. "Promise." Jaylin said back. "Now go sit over there and buckle up okay." The little girl gave Jaylin a quick hug before following her instructions. "Hey Bruso, you okay down there!" Jaylin shouted over the sound of the helicopter down at the man.

Bruso climbed up and entered the helicopter. "Ok is definitely one word I wouldn't use to describe how I feel at this particular time." He pulled Jaylin aside and sat her down across from him.

"Thank you. I heard the promise you made to the girl. It really means a lot to me. But I expect you to honor it. I don't know you very well yet, but I'm going to be frank. My opinion of you is completely hinging on that promise. As long as you keep it, consider me someone that will die to protect you as well." He placed his hand on her shoulder and looked her sincerely in the eyes.

Jaylin was taken aback at his words. "A-Alright. Count on me!" Jaylin mustered a smile. She strapped herself into the seat of the helicopter before glancing at Bruso. In a way, he sort of reminded her of her dad. "Where're you from?" She spoke up to Bruso, slightly nervous. Despite his kind words he still intimidated her.

"I plan on it." He leaned back in his chair, looking out of the side of the Helicopter.

"I'm from a small town in the countryside of Russia. It wasn't much to speak of." He was watching his town go by as they flew by. "Where are you from?"

In the same breath, he shouted, "Hey, Alex, where exactly are we going?"

The girl sat forward in her seat, looking out the opposite side of the helicopter, huddled up and occasionally looking around the helicopter.

"Oh, I'm from New York, heard that there was a safe place in Moscow so my family and I hopped on a plane. An infected had somehow got on and we crashed. There were few survivors from it." From the way Jaylin spoke it was pretty clear that her family had not made it through the crash. It had bugged her how exactly the infected got on that plane because it had been checked over and over until the moment the left. With a sigh Jaylin looked out the window. 'It won't help questioning the past now'

"Do you know for sure if they didn't make it?" He said this calmly without looking back from the outside of the helicopter. "There are a lot of crashed planes around these parts due to infected, and more survivors than I would ever expect. If you haven't confirmed they died, I'll help your hunt."

The little girl moved over and hugged to the side of Bruso, beginning to listen in. "Did you lose your parents, too? I hope I can find mine.." She murmured while leaning on Bruso.

Alex jumped into the pilot's seat once everyone was on board. The helicopter dropped dangerously as she switched from auto-pilot to manual, but she quickly took control, rising it back up. she did not answer Bruso until the mob was no longer in sight. "Somewhere I've been many times..an old church." she said, looking around for the scorched building.

Jaylin tensed in her seat. She hadn't confirmed her families death because the crash had burned many of the bodies to unrecognizable pieces of charcoal. She had just assumed they were dead. "I-I....I never confirmed it. There were just so many..." 'It was so foggy and the smell was so bad all I could do was get away...' "I-I should have stayed...." Jaylin spoke the last part to herself. She truly regretted not searching for her family but the crash was so bad she had just assumed. A terrible, and deadly mistake. "In any case, they're probably dead by now. Better that way. They shouldn't have to deal with this."

Bruso leaned forward. "I'm not a religious man, so there better be something more there." He leaned back and moved close the Jaylin.

"If they're alive, I'll save them. That's my promise to you." He looked her in the eyes, then continued, "It's not your fault if they died though, Jaylin. You understand?"

Jaylin stared back at Bruso. After a few moments she had to break eye contact. "I know..."
She did know it wasn't her fault if they died but she couldn't help but to feel somehow responsible. They were her family and family's never leave eachother behind, but that's exactly what she had done. She left them behind in that plane crash. She didn't even stay to try and find them, whether they were bodies or not. She could have given them a burial. She could have done a lot of things.
Another sigh, maybe the hundredth she had taken since this started, and Jaylin leaned her head against the window. "I'm tired." She said softly. Jaylin felt extremely safe in this helicopter. More than anywhere she had been thus far, and fatigue set in quickly. Within seconds of speaking the teen girl was passed out in her seat.

Bruso brushed the girls hair out of her face. Then he moved to the front of the helicopter.

"So where is this church? I'm not going to rest until I konw where we're going." he looked forward.

Jaylin slept peacefully. No nightmares. No dreams. Just the calm blanket of darkness of sleep. It was peaceful and renewed her energy.

"It's down on Left Sun Avenue..you know the large church with the broken stained windows? I've got six rooms boarded off and loaded with supplies, like a safehouse almost. Been staying there for..." she counted in her head. "Past month about." She lowered her voice to keep from waking up the sleeping Jaylin.

Bruso nodded and said, "looks like that's our place." He scanned the horizon before turning back.

"I never got to thank you for helping us before." He smiled for the first time, "thank you."

Alex smiled softly. "It's my job, Bruso. No need for thanks." she said, looking around the helicopter a moment. She spotted the small silver case under the back bench. "Could you retrieve that case for me?" she said, motioning to it momentarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.