Uncommon Fates

"Heh... You'd think... But I had to travel through the wastes for... Various reasons".
The wastes were a mostly empty, frigid area between the two lands, getting lost there was incredibly dangerous, usually deadly, and it seemed Thane had been wounded as well, honestly if not for the kindness of merchants he would be just another frozen corpse.
"Yes... The cold has led to many of us who hail from there to be quite Hardy at least".
He declared proudly, before going quiet for a moment.
"I was in the army... An elite warrior, I... Retired... After the battle of the Fjord".
That battle had been the greatest of the Usurper war, so terrible that for a day even Dhorn found blood in the great river that flowed from the north.

Thane came from a very damgerous and harsh place, and willingly walked through a stretch of a death trap..for what? It seemed like a suicide mission if she has ever heard one and he was very lucky to be alive with the amount of wounds he sustained. Also from a large war? Cordelia has heard of that fight but she did not know how long it was nor heard much. Despite that Dhorn did report on it often, she did not know the extent nor keep up on the papers until the river spread like wildfire with blood in it. "I see, impressive for someone so young. So are you trying to find a different place in the world?" The ram looked at him as she started her stove to start cooking, "Lenn is also from her army in Katusha,"

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Thane was pretty sure she was confused by his decision... But decided against mentioning that he hadn't minded if he died, he had of course been saved and found a purpose for now though, and wouldn't end his own life, though he was certainly prone to risking it!
"I guess you can say that... I'll likely end up living and dying as a warrior though".
He sounded oddly unaffected by that.
"Oh? You must be quite strong then!".
Of course he meant that about her physical strength, but also mental, he was pretty sure he'd clocked Lenn and everyone knew how restrictive Katusha is.

Lenn actually seemed a little embarrassed.
"Well... Yeah... I was just a scout though! I'm not super strong really... I can sorta shoot though?"

Of course, once a warrior always a warrior. Cordelia gave a chuckle at Lenns' embarrassment as she was able to take down an armored undead herself. More than what the ram could do as she had no fighting skills what so ever and she laid more in the offense and healing portion. Though she did wish to know how to defend herself at times as certain spells only work for so long. She gave a small twitch and her hoof hit the cupboard slightly and then she giggled, "Lenn single handedly took on an armored undead, id say she is fairly strong in many ways," Up her arm this little red looking noodle crawled and then through her hair to her shoulder. This bring red ferret had scales along his back and face, with very small wings and it gave a few squeaky noises, "Very hungry, I know," The ram mused to the animal.

"Wow! I'm impressed, even I am not sure I could best one of those at my best, and my sword is made for such things".
He didn't bother mentioning that he was physically much stronger out of a desire to not boast... He always felt awkward about that.

Lenn of course was now blushing as she bit her lower lip lightly, her desire to avoid attention had been useful for years and she couldn't quite shake it yet.
When the winged ferret appeared both Lenn and Thane let out very similar noises, clearly finding it adorable.

The little ferret gave a noise similar to a cat at them and flared out tiny wings. Using Cordelias' hair as its' protection and it made the ram chuckle, "See? Chester has made his debut, and thinks he a guard dog over me," She then cut a piece of meat up she had and handed a few shred to Lenn, "Here, food is the quickest way for him to like you," seeing the pieces being handed over, Chester launched off her shoulder and onto the counter. His body was about an foot long and very noodly. He scuttered to Lenn and sat in front of her with his front paws together like he was asking or praying.

That little display only further endeared the winged ferret to Thane and Lenn, both were easily swayed by cute things, and were not afraid to admit it.
Lenn looked about to melt and carefully offered meat to Chester, she was fighting the urge to hug or at least pet him... And was certainly going to get herself a pet one day! Preferably something affectionate.

Upon being offered a piece of meat, Chest grabbed it with his front paws and then ran on two legs away to eat it. Then returned for more. "Careful his favorite game is to bury his food, and finding rotting food isnt a fun time," Cordelia mused but knew that Chester would warm up to her quiet quickly. He liked females more than malws and bonus is you feed him food as well. While that was going on the ram had taken the chopped potatoed to cook and season with the meat. The dish had no name but it was just meat and potoes.

Lenn giggled at his antics and continued feeding Chester, anyone could tell she was enamoured with the cute little creature, and she soon ran out of meat, and took a chance to reach out and try to stroke the winged fluff noodle.
Thane meanwhile was just watching, he liked people watching and it wasn't like he had anything else to do! He would try and play with Chester when he was feeling better.

Cordelia was letting dinner cook and watched Lenn amused. Chester did like the assassin woman and allowed her to touch him before then bolting up her arm and onto her shoulder. "Seems youve made a friend, Lenn," the ram teased but she was glad Chester liked someone. It took her months before he trusted her and here he was trusting Lenn right away and it was cute.

Lenn barely disguised a squeak of joy... She'd never seen anything so cute that she wasn't expected to shoot and eat... And certainly never had them like her, she wasn't the best with animals... Most getting confused by the odd scent her potions used to give her.
"R...really? Wow... I've never had a friend before...
Even if people had wanted to talk to her back home, she was scared of slipping up and avoided most people.

"Well now you have two," Cordelia responded amused while Chester was moving about. Pawing at hair strands and licking Lenns skin for the salt on her body. Normal pet love things. Thankfully dinner was soon ready and the ram went ahead to grab three plates. Serving them herself and handed one to Thane then to Lenn, "We can sit over in the couch if youd like, it is going to be a quiet night while they rebuild the wall," No one would be able to leave Dhorn till then as it was deeked unsafe and the threat of undead was too great at the moment.

Lenn couldn't have guessed how things would turn out when she left home so suddenly, and never would have dreamed that she might make friends so quickly!
She hovered around in case she was needed and she was last to sit down... Other than Thane of course.

Thane himself was of the mind that he was dreaming, he went from being wounded in a fight to sitting in a warm house with good food feeling better than he had in weeks.

Cordelia prided herself on her friendly nature and taking in those who had no home. She understood what it was like to be alone and moved from one way of life to the other. The previous owner of the house was her mentor back home and he never scolded her for being open and caring. Yes it would be a downfall at some points in which cause her danger. Yet more than half of the time many where grateful and moved onto do great things. So her home became that of a sage heaven and she had people work for her in their stay as well to help.
With dinner now served, the ram sat on the floor by the coffee table and set her plate on it. Making sure Lenn and Thane where sat and well. She tucked back her long hair and decided to ask about their lives to know them better, "Lenn, what part of your home where you in? I know theyre influenced by your holy leader, so where your parenrs heavily followers or more independent?"

Thane too was interested in that answer, even in the Fjordlands tales of the backwards religious dictatorship were treated as horror stories to scare small children, or examples of what not to do.

"Ah... I guess I shoulda expected that question...".
Lenn sighed quietly before answering.
"My family were fishers... Right at the bottom of the lower class, unlike most though they were borderline fanatics... I believe my father had traded in the family home to join the Inquisition forces shortly before I left actually... Not sure what happened to mother though".

Cordelia had only asked as even if Lenns' home was held by a religious force, she still had a family and quiet possibly friends. She had a life inside what they see as horrible and a bad story to tell for years to come. Yet to everyone inside they lived their life and moved about in the almost prison-like city, "I see, so do they still fish then or are now part of this Inquisition?"she asked. Iron Cliffs was a very secluded place on the map and filled with towering mountain peaks, so she never got much information on the city. Also didn't help that they where closed off as well to anyone outside of Katusha, "And you do not have to answer every question either, I am simply asking you both them to get to know the people staying with me for a while," She gave a smile, "So you're free to prod me as well,"

"Ahh, my father most certainly gave up fishing, though as I mentioned I have no idea what my mother is doing... I do know she wasn't entirely human though... So the Inquisition might not have allowed her to join... They consider elves the same as demons you know?"
While it was true elves were created by demons back in the age of gods, they had eventually turned on their demon masters and aided humanity in driving them off the continent.
"I see no reason to hide truths... I came to terms with the stage of my home long ago... Though while on the topic... Could you tell me more about your own home?"

Cordelia personally believed the people of Katusha thought everyone outside of their home was a demon really. Being so sheltered from that of other creatures in the other cities and fearing something that wasn't real, they'd be afraid of anything remotely outside of their 'norm'. The ram looked at her and gave a sweet smile, "Of course! What would you like to know about my home?" She replied and figured Lenn would be fine with the state of chaos Katusha was in, "Well since you told me about your parents, I'll speak of mine. My mother is named Poinsettia, and she was one of the gatherers of my tribe. My father left before my birth, but the tribe leader, Chief Ironhold, loved my mother and took me as his child. Then later in life had my half-brother, Nightingale. I think he is now training to be the next Chief? Not sure," She hasn't seen her home in a very long time because when she does return it is never met with anything good.

They didn't think everything was demonic... They also liked to brand people as heretics, despite there being historical records of many more gods than the one seemingly created in the last century or so by the Katushan church.
"Oh! I had a brother too! Umm, he doesn't like me much to be honest... Something about me being so feminine and yet still able to kick his ass hurt his male pride".
Lenn declared, earning a snort from Thane.
"My apologies for that rude noise... Your brother just sounds like many men I have met".

Cordelia gave a laugh at Lenns' statement, and she was sure the other could whoop the largest of males' butts if need be, "I mean, I'd believe it," She said with a smile. Her own brother disliked her as well, and even destroyed many of her healing tools while she lived here. He did not like the amount of power she could delve into with the abilities of a healer. As her people did not fight others, so for her to have something that was defensive and harmful was frowned upon, "I bet Lenn could fight most military men who come to me about a small wound or panic at the sight of a lot of blood,"