Un-stereotypical love ~Roman & Archie~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archie raised an eyebrow as Roman seemed to dodge the question, which made him only more hopeful inside. What could he possibly be thinking of? The two together? The thoughts swirled in the young author's mind as he looked back up at the fireman. But then, his eyes widened as he realized that the male was gone, only to hear him chuckle. In an instant, Archie felt as he was lifted by strong arms, shocking him quite a bit. He let out a loud gasp and immediately blushed, holding onto the arms that carried him, but not struggling.

Once he was set down, Archie blushed a bit more before turning to look at Roman, a shy smile on his face as well as a raised eyebrow. Hesitantly, he turned away and turned the stove on, grabbing some pans to distract his mind. When Roman asked if he wanted help, Archie opened his mouth to say no, but caught himself. He didn't want to disrupt this little "moment" between him and the other male, even if it was nothing. Slowly, the young author nodded, his grey eyes soft, yet the slightest bit icy, as they looked toward the taller man. "Actually, yeah. That'd be a lot of help...thanks." he said, muttering the thanks under his breath, as he was still not used to saying it. "I was going to make some stir-fry, if that's okay with you." Archie offered, already grabbing the ingredients for the food. Ever since living with Roman, Archie had made sure to take the other male's thoughts into consideration. However, old habits seemed to die hard.

@King

This was the moment when Roman had thoughts about cooking romantically. Like, he could stand behind Archie and hold his arms as he cooks for them both. He felt his mouth twitch into a wistful smile before Archie decided. "Sure!" he had to snap out of it again. He wanted to scream, this was so hard. "Stir -Fry sounds good!" He smiled, sighing out a little as he collected some pots. Roman knew he'd probably be a little useless, but he wanted to help. The 6ft5 male was clumsy and usually got in the way. He stood around helplessly, placing the pots around awkwardly.

"So, what do I do?" He bit his bottom lip as he watched Archie, trying to figure out what he was meant to do. He watched awkwardly, "I'm sorry, I am totally useless." He giggled a little. "I'll just lay the table for now." Roman changed his mind, because his bumbling presence in the kitchen was just getting in the way. The male collected two plates from the cabinet, leaning over Archie as he did so, "Sorry.." Roman tried to get away as he felt his chest press against Archie's back as he collected the plates, just wishing he could hug him like this. He moved away, taking the plates and forks out of Archies way.​

Archie closed his eyes as he started placing the needed ingredients on the counter. Once he opened them again, he glanced at Roman who was having a bit of a hard time. Usually, the author would have snapped at the giant man, but now, he felt his heart melt a bit as he watched Roman fumble with the pots. As the thought hit him, Archie's eyes widened a bit before a small smile graced his features. Then, he heard Roman apologize for being useless, and offer to set the table instead. The young male opened his mouth to say something when he felt Roman's chest against his back, sending small shivers along his spine. "T-There's nothing to be sorry about." he stuttered, blushing a bit in embarrassment as he did so. Then, as Roman began to walk away, Archie felt his body move on it's own.

The young author quickly reached out and grabbed Roman's bicep, in order to stop him from leaving. "Wait...you aren't useless." he quickly said, lowering his gaze to the floor and closing his eyes. "Y-You're going to have to learn to cook right? I mean, you can't just live on protein shakes and stuff...because you never know. There might be a time when you get tired of me, and you want to kick me out...or something like that." Archie paused as he let what he said kick in. Then, he pushed the lump away from his throat and opened his eyes again, tugging at Roman's arm gently. "So, come on. I'll..." the author paused as he let out a breath, his face blazing a dark crimson. "I'll even let you put your arms around me while I teach you...I mean, if you want to, that is." he finished, feeling the heat of embarrassment as he spoke. Archie glanced up at Roman and smiled like a normal person would, hoping that the fireman would take the offer.

@King

Just before Roman would escape the kitchen, he felt a hand grip his arm. The man turned around quickly, placing the two plates on the island next to him. When Archie spoke Roman chuckled, "Hey, I like protein shakes." He looked briefly at all the powers lined up in the kitchen, each used for different workouts he planned.

When mentioned, Roman blinked. Did this man like, read minds? He took a deep breath in, noticing that he could literally have what he was just day dreaming about. Roman shuffled out of Archie's grip and shrugged a little, walking back towards the pots. "Do you want me to?" Roman asked, swallowing the lump in his throat. The question was a instant regret. Surely Roman could of just done it. It would of been like the pot scene in Ghost...

"Sure, I guess you're right. But, I'll never beat your cooking." He decided not to compare the two of them to famous movie couples yet...​

At the question, Archie felt his breath catch in his throat and he felt his brave stance slowly fall. He wasn't used to having questions turned back onto him, so he opened his mouth and stared at Roman. "W-Well, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want you to..." Archie mumbled, hopefully loud enough for the other to hear. The young author watched as Roman made his way back to the pots, complimenting the male's cooking.

Archie rolled his eyes a bit, but couldn't fight off the oncoming smile that replaced his worried frown. "Ah, but with my help, you'll probably be even better than me. After all, who could be a better teacher than me?" Archie pointed out jokingly, raising an eyebrow as he made the conceited comment. Then, as the author took a steady breath, he slowly walked toward the taller male and slipped in front of him, turning his head to glance up at him. His large smile became a shy one in an instant, and he turned back to look ahead, moving his arms to grab Roman's. He didn't even wait to see if the other had anything to say, Archie was embarrassed enough as it was.

"O-Okay...so, um, first. You'll grab the oil..." Archie started to tell Roman the directions, leaving the other to try and follow them to the best of his abilities. He decided that if Roman needed any help with the directions, he would simply move Roman's hands for him. And, to mess with the fireman a bit, Archie kept his back at a teasing distance from Roman's chest, just to wonder what the other male might do...even if it was just wishful thinking that he WOULD do something.

@King

Last edited by a moderator:
Roman snorted, clasping his hands together, "I wish." The male sighed out, knowing his face was a bright red. When Archie slid in front of him, Roman looked straight ahead, eyes widening. How was he meant to control himself now? The male looked down with an uneasy smile. This was already getting too much. Then his larger arms were grabbed by the male, and Roman submitted. His hands went to grab the oil. He swallowed, "Yeah..."

When he noticed there wasn't enough closeness, Roman decided to lean forward, pressing his muscular chest up against the smaller males back. His entire body was pressed against Archie. Roman licked his lips, his hands gripping the bottle tightly. "What now?" He asked, as he leaned out to see the male. God, he could just kiss him now. It would be so romantic.

There was a pause as Roman had his chin almost resting on Archie's shoulder, he wanted to wrap his big arms around the male and cuddle him, whispering romance into his ear. But he couldn't quite think of what to say. His eyes wandered up and down the males sharp features. He looked so docile, yet his personality was so sharp. Something about that was attractive to the male. Even though the sharpness sometimes hurt Roman's fluffy personality, he still loved it..​

Archie smiled as Roman listened to his directions, holding the oil in his hands. Then, his eyes widened when he felt the larger male's chest press against his back. Shivers ran down his spine and he closed his eyes as a dark blush washed over his features. Opening his eyes, Archie then heard Roman ask what was next.

The young author turned his head to find Roman's near his shoulder. He swallowed and looked into the male's eyes, unable to look away. His eyes were captivating and he, in general, was handsome. It wasn't just the looks that attracted Archie to the other male, it was the large man's personality. He was like a giant teddy bear, and the small man had always loved caring guys. Even though their personalities clashed, Archie enjoyed being around Roman more than any person he had ever met.

Realizing that he was still staring into the other's eyes, Archie swallowed again and felt his blush darken. "A-Ah..n-next..." the author had trouble forming words as his heart began to beat out of control. It was the closest Archie had ever been to Roman, but that didn't mean he didn't like it. He could literally close the gap in not even a second and kiss the other male. Archie thought about it for a few more seconds before grinning. With a racing heart, the author quickly leaned in and pressed his lips gently against Roman's. However, immediately afterwards, Archie pulled away before giving the other male a chance to react, turning back to the pans. He smirked to himself and wondered how the larger man would react, hoping it would be good.

@King

Roman was in the middle of admiring Archie, when Archie looked back at him. It almost felt like he was sharing his admiration. He smiled back momentarily before Archie boldly kissed him. The moment was over so quickly, Roman didn't even have time to kiss him back. The man widened his eyes, watching Archie grin to himself. Roman could only feel his cheeks turn a deep red. How was he meant to react to that? His back pressed against Archie as he moved away his arms. If that kiss was purposeful, then surely that meant Archie liked him. The man slid his arms around Archie's torso, hugging him.

He shuffled Archie away carefully from the pots before letting go to stand in front of him. Roman could practically hear Careless Whisper begin to play as he used one hand to hold Archie's back, the other cupped Archie's face. Roman smiled at him before leaning in to kiss him properly. He got excited, finally able to do this. The male let out a sigh through his nose as he kissed him. It only lasted a moment, but Roman didn't want to scare Archie off. He leaned out with a blissful look in his brown eyes. "I hope I'm making it obvious I like you, Archie..." He said quietly, his hand stroking the males soft face.​

The sudden feeling of arms being wrapped around his torso made Archie gasp in surprise, letting go of the pans. He felt the warmth as Roman hugged him from behind before being shuffled backwards. Archie felt as if his heart was about to beat out of his chest with each second that passed. He then saw Roman in front of him and felt a hand on his waist as well as his face. The young author was entranced, staring at the other's bold brown eyes before he felt soft lips connect with his own.

Archie stood there, the shock hitting him before his heart beat quickened. He slowly let his eyelids flutter shut as he melted into the kiss. One of his hands gently grabbed the one that cupped his face, and the other met with the strong bicep of Roman's other arm. The warmth traveled across Archie's lips in no way that he had felt before. He had imagined it to be much more simple, his first kiss... but instead, it was like warm magic. Just when the author got comfortable, he felt as Roman pulled away before staring blissfully into his grey eyes. Archie swallowed as he searched the taller male's face, listening to the words he spoke.

"Yeah... very obvious. I hope I'm doing the same." Archie said softly, feeling his usual cold eyes warm into a gentle gaze. He gently licked his lips as the idea of kissing the other again made his heart pound. Slowly, gathering the last bit of courage he had, Archie moved his mouth closer to Roman's, keeping it at a teasing distance. A small soft grin stretched the author's lips and he stood there like that. Steadily, he trailed both of his hands onto Roman's chest and began to close his eyes slowly. "I really hope I'm not dreaming..." the author whispered softly. Sparks ignited his fingertips and went off inside of his chest, sending jolts of warmth throughout his body. Suspense and anxiety rang in Archie's ears as he waited, seeing how well Roman could take the teasing distance, and for how long.

@King

Roman smiled at the comment. Thank God Archie liked him back! He thought about what he wanted to say, but he realized all of his day dreams of this moment didn't involve much talking at all. His eyes fluttered, lips almost touching. "It feels like a dream..." He whispered before leaning in again to kiss Archie. The kiss was a stronger one, his hands pulled Archie into it. He closed his eyes and kissed Archie, opening his mouth more. The hands on his chest surely could feel Roman's heartbeat. It felt like it was going to burst out of his chest.

He only pulled away when he felt himself getting breathless. Roman stared with a dreamy look in his eyes. "Be my boyfriend..." He blurted out, his words light. Roman smiled at Archie, hoping he wasn't the type for casual sex or anything like that. He seemed like someone who wanted a boyfriend, but the cold personality might not. Roman loved romance with all he had. He kinda wished he could make this more romantic, but he was so caught up in the moment that he didn't even ask properly. Roman bit his lip as he waited for a reply, hoping he hadn't got the wrong message.​

Archie grinned at Roman's words before light shudders ran down his spine. He was practically melting against the taller man as he waited anxiously for him to close the gap. However, his wait was cut short as he felt soft lips connect with his. It was much more intense than the first, and Archie slowly lost himself in the kiss, gripping a bit of Roman's shirt in his hands. The heartbeat that fluttered against the young author's fingertips caused him to blush lightly. There he was... kissing another man, even after he had told himself long ago to never give into his desires.

The feel of Roman pulling away snapped Archie from his thoughts. His eyes slowly opened as he stared, dazed, at the taller man. The young male listened closely to the other's words and wet his lips, biting the bottom one as he thought. "Hmm..." he drawled, furrowing his brow slightly before a small grin stretched his lips.

"Sure, why not." Archie responded softly. The way he agreed might not have been the most ideal, but the darkening blush that appeared on the author's face made it clear. He was embarrassed, but happy at the same time. He had never felt that way in a long while. As Archie watched Roman bite his lip, he was tempted to close the gap once more. Giving a light, flustered laugh, the male finally allowed himself to smile. Archie's lips stretched and a small shadow of a dimple appeared on his face. He then closed his eyes and leaned forward, connecting his lips against Roman's for the third time. His heart was raging against his rib cage as the sparks and warmth traveled across his skin. He was sure that he would never get tired of the feeling.

@King

The small pause caused Roman's chest to hurt, a small doubt of rejection graced him. The doubt was quickly killed when Archie agreed. A smile formed on Roman's face, he grinned as his arms wrapped a little tighter around Archie. "Don't sound so sure." Roman quickly chuckled before Archie kissed him. Roman got lost in the kiss so eagerly, one of his large hands ran up to Archie's hair, hand running through it passionately. His other hand pushed against the small of Archie's back, making them even closer.

This time Roman didn't waste the time pulling away to speak, he pulled away briefly to breath and admire Archie before he got back to kissing him deeply. His hands moved down to Archie's behind, intent on picking him up. He had seen it in the movies, thats how you sweep a guy off his feet. Roman kept his lips on Archie's as he used his strength to pull Archie up off the floor, keeping him tight against his body. When Archie was securely on him, Roman pulled away with a smile. Instead of going back to kiss him, Roman hugged Archie and spun him around a little, trying not to hit anything. He chuckled as he did so. "I've been dreaming of this..." He mumbled as he decided to put Archie down. Roman placed Archie back onto the counter, so he sat in front of him. He looked up to the glasses and smiled happily, "For so long."​

Archie felt sparks as Roman's hand ran through his hair as his other pressed against his lower back. He was unsure what to do at first before he slowly wrapped his arms around the taller male's neck, the distance in between them closing even more. Feeling Roman pull away, Archie furrowed his brow and gave a small groan of disapproval. He liked the warmth that the other gave. However, it wasn't long until the young author's hopes wishes were granted. He felt as Roman's lips collided with his own again, kissing him deeply.

At the moment, Archie was too invested in the kiss, moving his mouth in sync with Roman's, to realize that Roman's hands were near his bottom. However, in a matter of seconds, he felt it as the other picked him up, without breaking the kiss. Instinctively, Archie wrapped his legs around the male's waist to hold on. His arms unwrapped themselves from his neck to grip his shoulders before Roman pulled away. The young author stared at the smiling male, breathless, his grey orbs wide. A small smile graced his features as Roman spun him around, sending the male until small giggles. A light blush traveled across his cheeks as he listened to Roman. Then, once he was set down on the counter, Archie felt his blush darken and he smiled a bit more. "R-Really? So have I..." the brunette said softly, rubbing his arm as he averted his eyes in embarrassment. Then, Archie lifted his legs and wrapped them around Roman's waist, and stayed there. He tilted his head and grinned. "So... what else have you dreamed about?" he asked quietly, raising an eyebrow slightly as his smile grew.

@King

Last edited by a moderator:
When he was sat down, Roman felt his legs wrapped tightly around him. He smiled, moving his hands to play with Archie's hair a little. When he found out Archie had felt the same, Roman gave him a happy smile. This was so great. Archie asked him about his dreams, which made Roman chuckle, "I-I'm not unloading my day dreams yet." He looked up. Most of his dreams of Archie were full of romance and sometimes a little more. The thought of it made him blush. His hands combed through Archie's hair, sometimes moving to stroke his face. Roman leaned in to kiss Archie again.

Kissing was always easier than talking for Roman. It was easy for him to show how he felt through that. He held Archie's face as he kissed him deeply. His hands tugged a little on his hair as he kissed him, his breath getting heavy again. "So, can I unload the good news to my colleagues or are you not.. out?" He suddenly realized how serious it was. Roman was happily out with his firecrew, who happily accepted it, even if they were a bit shocked. His family were another matter, but he didn't want to spread it around just to have Archie hate him for it.​

Archie grinned happily as he felt Roman's hands comb through his hair. He closed his eyes fore a moment as chuckled as he heard the other refuse to tell his day dreams out loud. Of course, the young author understood; he didn't want to voice his dreams either. He wrote romance, after all. He always had some sort of romantic idea in his head at some point. "Alright, I guess I'll let you off the hook this time." Archie said with another small laugh, leaning into Roman's touch. He looked at the fireman with soft eyes, and he closed them once he felt the male's lips on his own.

The kiss was deep, and Archie kissed back, feeling slight shudders roll down his spine as Roman pulled at his hair slightly. He was about to continue kissing, until the taller male asked quite a serious question. Archie closed his eyes, his breathing quite heavy as he thought about it. He was in a relationship now, so it shouldn't matter, right? It's not like he had to worry about his family anymore. The author bit his lip a bit before coming to a decision. He connected his lips with Roman's once more, keeping it short, but sweet. "Well, we're together now, right? There shouldn't be anything to hide, especially if we both feel mutual about our feelings. I don't mind if you tell your friends. Just as long as they don't go and tell every person they see." Archie said with a light laugh, pecking the other's lips again to 'seal the deal'.

@King

The quick kiss hopefully meant a yes, and Roman was right. Roman let out a sigh of relief, "Well, they'll be happy to know." He smiled. Some of his closer friends had been pestering him to actually do something about his crush on Archie, and how he could actually show that he wasn't a giant wuss. Roman happily kissed Archie before he felt a buzz in his pocket. His pager signaled he was needed in work. "Ugh, not now." Roman dropped his head, "They're also ruining this moment." Roman sighed as he broke the embrace with Archie.

Roman collected his keys and put on a jacket. The call probably was important if they needed men off call, so Roman couldn't blow them off. "Okay, I'll be back soon, save me some food?" He asked before leaning over to Archie again, kissing him properly. Roman smiled at him as he left his apartment and walked down to his car. He checked the pager and found out a fire had gotten out of control at a hotel, and they needed extra men to come and help. Hopefully this wouldn't take too long, Roman wanted to get back to see Archie.

Status
Not open for further replies.