1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Horror, Dystopian, Scifi, Superhuman, Steampunk
So I've started playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines again... and have not been able to get the song that plays in one of the clubs - Isolated by Chiasm - out of my head since. It also features some bangers from Lacuna Coil, Genitorturers and Ministry. The Tony Hawk series introduced my pre-teen self to Green Day, My Chemical Romance and The Ramones in the halcyon days of the Playstation 2. Mario Galaxy's soundtrack was my study noise of choice for many years - followed by the soundtrack from No Man's Sky.

Soundtracks - rather obviously aren't just limited to video games. It was hard to escape the impact the soundtrack of Guardians of the Galaxy had on 2014, and Sing Street definitely refreshed my love of some classic songs as well. And of course, we can't have a year without Disney and/or Pixar turning up with catchy new tunes - if not full blown musicals. HBO's Chernobyl is one of my favorite TV shows of all time, but the soundtrack on its own is so beautifully haunting it was one of the first things I set up when moving around my music libraries recently. I'm also pretty fond of the Mandalorian's soundtrack .

So, tell me all about your ultimate soundtracks from your favorite TV shows, games, and movies! Original songs, instrumentals, covers, or lyrics, all are welcome here! I feel stage musicals and their adaptions deserve their very own topic here, so maybe leave those for the discussion and love that they deserve. :D

I agree that VtM:Bloodlines had a cool soundtrack. You might like The Succubus Club complication if you haven't heard of it already.

Other video game osts I really like are from Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Age of Mythology, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Unreal Tournament, and most recently No Straight Roads.

Reactions: Dusk
I agree with Pigs on Morrowind. Also I like Kingdom Hearts soundtracks and the one, the only Final Fantasy 14. Because it's got hundreds of songs, chances are there's something there for everyone. I loooooove the raid music so much.

Do the radio stations in the Fallout games count? Because Radio New Vegas turns me into a cowboy every time. Yeehaw.

As far as movies go, I'm partial to the Blade Runner soundtrack.

• Love
Reactions: XIII
@neptune I had "I don't want to set the world on fire" on my playlist for the longest time. I still have it on there somewhere, I think. Such a hauntingly pretty song.

I personally loved the music from (don't judge me,) The Vampire Diaries. It embodied my teenage angst so well.
But Penny Dreadful had some awesome songs. I'm trying to think of what else. The first thing I notice about any show or movie is the music. I played the viola for 10 years, the cello for 5, piano for 12, and I sing. Needless to say, music has a hard impact on me.

• Love
Reactions: neptune
@neptune I had "I don't want to set the world on fire" on my playlist for the longest time. I still have it on there somewhere, I think. Such a hauntingly pretty song.
Not me making my character turn and stare at Danse whenever this comes on the radio lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: XIII
I really love the soundtracks from the Jurassic Park and Dark Knight trilogies. They really know how to capture the intensity and emotion behind every scene...I honestly think the movies would be completely naked without their specific songs. And ngl, jurassic park's music panders to the nostalgia in me.

Video game-wise, an old classic is the radio from Need for Speed 2: Underground. Nothing was more hype than driving around at night with that list of bangers

• Love
Reactions: neptune
Oh man, yes, there's so much good music out there.

Here's what comes to mind first:
Steven Universe - The OST to this series is genuinely one of my fav things to listen to. It's whimsical, it's sad, it's dreamy, it's beautiful, it's tense and it's funky. It's all so memorable that even just listening, I can remember scenes with the majority of this huge ass compilation, despite it being 5 hours long.
Animal Crossing - I always pull up Animal Crossing music to vibe to when I'm writing, cleaning or just need some chill background music. It's so nostalgic and calming! The mixes with rain are especially nice.
Undertale - Toby Fox is a genius. I can't tell you enough how sad it makes me that some people think Megalovania is his only important song because the way this guy weaves leitmotifs into everything and pulls a narrative together with his music? It's actually amazing. Deltarune's OST is amazing too! He just keeps releasing bangers with wild abandon, not realizing that he is actively making my head explode every single time.

Honourable mention:
Kipo: Age of Wonderbeasts - It sucks that this show didn't get more popular. The music in it is sooo catchy! I feel like not enough cartoons make good use of indie music and rap, especially when they're for kids! The genres are definitely adaptable. I found so many cool new artists because of this show.