Ultimate Original ModFan Rp (inspired by Harry Potter, Divergent, and Hunger Games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ch0sen1

Original poster
I wanted to present something different than what most rpers are attracted, but however bring the same elements and same associations of those rps. Everyone seems to be on the superhero train of superpower train, if not that then the dealing and use of magic (or force), and if not that then a faction based regime rp. I wanted to devise a group Rp that brought on all of these elements but incorporate into a school/faction based epic that the mythos could be built upon by not just me as a GM, but us as the players in general. I'll tell you my plan:

~ The rp would be centered around "students" of a "school" based somewhere in Australia. This institute would feature bright individuals from around the world, all summoned by an invitation-only precedent. Once there, these individuals would learn that they themselves are summoned by The Provosts, a council of the institutions' faculty and most stellar leaders for a purpose: to join them in honing their dormant abilities which can only be augmented through The Provosts' mystical machine, called The Turbine. The Turbine is responsible for on-site splicing of the students' DNA to provide them their given element ability based on their test results, which will in turn class them into their HouFac (House-Faction) associated with that element. The corresponding houses are:

• Falcons aka The Falx (Associates and learners of manipulation of the air/wind) [Carefree, Open, Lucid types]
  • Jackals aka The Hounds (Associates and learners of manipulation of earth/nature) [Loyal,apt,cunning types]
  • Sharks aka The Jaws (Associates and learners of manipulation of water) [Macho, driven, jock types]
  • Bengals aka The Stripes (Associates and learners of manipulation of fire) [Passionate,willful,keen types]
  • There is rumor of a 5th HouFac, but I mean come on, all schools gossip right? Hehe };-)

From there, the lore states that there are 5 Provosts, one of which is the Chancellor, the alleged founder and leader among the institution school. The thing is no one has ever seen The Provosts, only their advisors known as The Star, which basically defines them as a collection of 5 heads that deal with the affairs and matters of the students directly and publically. I'm pretty sure you can see the parallels drawn from the Divergent, HP, and Hunger Games series a bit. Enter our student characters that are going to be around the same age (either Freshmen or already there for however long] which will spark what seems like a normal year at the school, but certain events will cause some trouble revolving around a student going mad and starting a campaign to "Free the Spiders".

Hopefully this will draw some good attention!!! If anyone is interested PLEASE respond, I really wanna do this! :D

@ch0sen1 you always come up with so much creative rps lol, count me in^^

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
In case this gets enough traction, I'm making the placement test now for HouFac's.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
I can ask some of my friends on Iwaku if they would look this over^^ to get some attention.

• Thank You
It's been a while since i last did a group rp but count ne in!

I've been looking for an RP to join, I think I'd like to give this one a try. :)

I would like to ask how many people would all of you be comfty with in a group rp such as this?

You know me lol, the more the merrier^^.

Either small or big or huge group works for me.

I'm comfortable with whatever the group decides. ^_^ For this type of rp it might be fun to have a few people who belong to each HouFac.

Reactions: ch0sen1
I would love to join

Not too much that it gets out of hand. Believe me, i have been in an rp where there were 25 people (yes i am serious 25!) and that was the worst! Perhaps 7-10 would be plenty.

• Useful
I love the interests guys! :]

Any HouFacs you guys looking to be in, or any questions about le story?

Either Earth/Nature or Fire HouFacs. Can we have more than one char, or only one? If we can have at least two, than would want a char for both fac^^

• Jackals aka The Hounds (Associates and learners of manipulation of earth/nature) [Loyal,apt,cunning types]
  • Bengals aka The Stripes (Associates and learners of manipulation of fire) [Passionate,willful,keen types]

Reactions: ch0sen1
Either Earth/Nature or Fire HouFacs. Can we have more than one char, or only one? If we can have at least two, than would want a char for both fac^^

I think you're going to want just one character in this rp trust me lol. A lot will be going on and especially with the placement test for HouFacs it's kind of extensive (but not consuming). It's a very regime/power based rp that will require focus on both the uniqueness and unification of characters and I don't want you to get too overwhelmed.

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
I think you're going to want just one character in this rp trust me lol. A lot will be going on and especially with the placement test for HouFacs it's kind of extensive (but not consuming). It's a very regime/power based rp that will require focus on both the uniqueness and unification of characters and I don't want you to get too overwhelmed.
Well then, since I am kind of a hippy and I always love Nature Powers more than most powers xD, The Hounds it is lol.

Gotta a lot of people wanting to do this, going to be fun^^

The Jaws please

Status
Not open for further replies.