5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
We have characters we love and cheer for, those we wish to see succeed, those we have the feels for, those we cry for if they are killed off.

What about those characters that we think or say "Ugh..." whenever we see them on screen again? Characters that annoy you, that you dislike, possibly even ... induce rage? :mad: Characters you'd be happy if they were just... gone? :fryingpan:

I'm not usually a proponent of such topics, but as I plod through Season 7 of The Walking Dead, I can't help but really get irritated by the character Rosita.

And I feel the same about Cersei Lannister to be honest. I go from :bored: to :banghead: to :mad: with her.

SO :huge: What about you guys? What character do you have that "UGH" feeling for?

Kikyo from Inuyasha
Spent a good chunk of my childhood waiting for her to finally stay dead.

Tree Trunks from Adventure Time
She really bothers me for some reason.
I tend to cringe during the rare times she's featured in an episode.
Should mention that I very rarely cringe over anything. There's just something about her.

Astrid from Blood and Chocolate (Book)
Read / purchased this book many years ago during highschool.
She....just needed to have several seats. But luckily for us she did.
A nice comfy seat in Hell.

So many more I cant think of....

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Raven and Greenie
HR from Season 3 of the Flash. I mean, I'm only just watching through, but c'mon. He's completely awful and I want Harry or even season 1 Wells instead D:<

Anything... Ever... With Zack Galifinwhatever. I hate that guy.

Also (guiltypleaaurebut...) on Pretty Little Liars, freakin Sara. She was a useless character with an annoying as crap storyline, and I legit could not keep watching when she came on the show.

Damian almost ruined Batman for me. Thank god they finally toned that kid down. What an ass. I mean, he was written to be insufferable but it was TOO well written and made me hate reading/watching anything with that character in it.

Reactions: Shiri and Greenie
Wolverine. It's funny and not so funny when others know I love the X-Men and assume I like Wolverine. He's just overused and too prominently placed for a storyline that should be more about "team".

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
I strongly hated Andrea during the earlier seasons of Walking Dead. Later season had me hating Tara (or however you spell it). There's just something insufferable when it comes to characters who need to prove themselves.

Oh, and I can't help but find Nightcrawler annoying. I'm not even sure why. On the topic of comics, Impulse I hate with a passion.

Ferro Malijinn from the first law trilogy. By god going through her chapters was torture. Every book she somehow got collectivelly worse as well. I mean this series is rich with great characters and then you have this woman who by god if I read another sentence along the lines of "She scowled at the other person." I'm going to personally find Joe Abercrombie and shove the books up his ass.

In other characters, The sand snakes (As I'm sure many will agree) from Game of thrones (TV) are the fucking worse. Forever, and I wish a plague on their family.

Also I really dislike Daenerys. I don't think I ever got interested in her storyline and even now with stuff actually happening with her it's still the most boring part of the show. At least Sand Snakes make me feel something, even if it's unquenchable rage.

Oh and Felicity single handily ruined Arrow but it's Arrow so not much was lost anyhow.

• Nice Execution!
In the Walking Dead, I tend to get to a point where I cringe at whoever is the "moral compass" .... Dale, then Herschell, then Glenn... Uuuuuugh.

In GoT.... Honestly, its gotten to a point that I can't stand Jorah or Khaleesi or a majority of her close cohorts. They aren't very interesting. The love plots are annoying with her. She's just some spoiled brat who keeps getting thrown everything she needs by random assholes who fall in love with her cuz.... dragons and naked fiery boobs(?) Cersei might be a monster, but she's open about it v.v

• Nice Execution!
Nakuru from Cardcaptor Sakura. I know Nakuru's sudden, unexplained appearances is supposed to be a gag, but it got so sickening after awhile.

I pretty much hated Iggy from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure until his last episode - then stuff happened. He just seemed like a device for unfunny fart and humping jokes rather than an important addition to the team.

Jaken was a pretty passable character in the Inuyasha manga, but he was reduced to a complete slapstick character in the anime.

Richard from Anita Blake series ruined the series for me. I've complained about this character a lot so I'll just leave it at that.

Akane from Ranma 1/2. At least in the English dub(the only dub I've watched). She's in the position to be the relatable female character, but the writing doesn't reflect any of her good qualities that could make her relatable. So she just kind of feels unbelievable as a character overall.

Terra from Teen Titans. I never liked her for years all because she broke Beastboy's heart. My rage has finally started to calm down from it's dark deepest of the seas full of rage all because I managed to find a new version of her. The one in the Teen Titans Judas Contract is similar to more recent comments and gives an insight I haven't seen before. But I still a lot of times wish she never had powers, never meet the Teen Titans and even feel they should had killed her early on.

Another character I have had a strong dislike for over the years would have to be Sasuke Uchiha. Not as bad as Terra I will admit but he often pisses me off. I mean Naruto was just trying to be nice you one didn't have to freaking leave the village and break your bond.
Then apparently never have broken it but yet still act like you did but you want to then take his dream for Hokagae like what the crap man.
I just feel he always has to treat Naruto and many others who care about him like crap and why does he have to seem so self centered like all of the freaking time.

Then finally another character I haven't liked for a while since first meeting is Lumpy Space Princess in Adventure Time. Why you may ask honestly I'm not sure why I have such an issue but I really don't like her character and wish she would shut up and go away.

That's all I believe for shows. I could probably go on more with the comic books, or go on to novels but I'll save you all that trouble and leave it to this.

Estelle from Tales of Vesperia.

I don't care if she was my only healer, she was annoying and most of the game's problems are caused by her. Half of Tales of Vesperia's problems were caused by Estelle's existence while another quarter was caused by her selfishness that was disguised as "kindness". Only a quarter of the game's problems are caused by the villains themselves and even they pale in comparison to Estelle or the slightly less hateable Estelle known as Sodia.

And I feel the same about Cersei Lannister to be honest. I go from :bored: to :banghead: to :mad: with her.
I was ready for her to die two seasons ago. Although I've been pretty neutral about her this season-- so far.

Two characters I do feel this way about:
Frederic Godwin An Octave Higher
He actually had the cards in his favour based on my previous opinions of blond lordlings with the name Frederic(k). That didn't last long, though. Basically everything he did made me like him less. And the fact that the narrative treated him as "redeemed" (or whatever) despite him never showing any misgivings about one particular nasty thing he did (and probably other things I don't remember), definitely added to my annoyance of him.

Leaf The Keys to the Kingdom
I find her rather uninteresting to begin with, but her insistence of shoving a much more likable character (in my opinion) out of the way to take the spotlight, definitely brought her up to the ugh status.

I don't doubt there are others, but they aren't coming to mind right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Max from Black Sails.

She manipulates and messes with the relationship between my two favorite characters. I'm hoping she's involved in a freak sailing accident at some point. Really freak, not even at sea. Just walking along in one episode and then BAM.

• Nice Execution!
Max from Black Sails.

She manipulates and messes with the relationship between my two favorite characters. I'm hoping she's involved in a freak sailing accident at some point. Really freak, not even at sea. Just walking along in one episode and then BAM.
10/10

Can I say an entire cast of something? I really hated the remake of Willy Wonka...I mean ALL of it.

• Nice Execution!
Sayaka Maizono from Danganronpa.

Warning, spoilers ahead.
Sayaka doesn't deserve the level of attention or love she gets from the fandom, since her minimal screen time means she's underdeveloped. What little development Sayaka did get was mostly there for the sake of the first chapter's twist: for example, she is developed as a seemingly sweet girl who trusts Naegi so that it shocks us when we realise she was intended to pin her attempted murder on Naegi. The only memorable thing about her which wasn't related to the twist was the fact she pretended to be psychic sometimes, and her "I'm psychic!" gimmick got boring real fast. I understand that little could've been done to improve Sayaka's character without dragging out the first chapter, so my issue isn't with Sayaka in and of herself. My issue is that despite her lack of development she is still loved, largely because she is attractive and so is good "waifu" material. Realistically, Sayaka wouldn't get anywhere near as much attention if she looked as unattractive as Hifumi or Yasuhiro.

I'm watching Riverdale... and so far Alice Cooper is really grinding my nerves. o_o"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
The character that can only ever be interesting when they die, and therefore can never stay dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.