U.N.I.Q.U.E

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the abilities seem to be "a good ability, but the person themself don't want/can't use the ability". There's not many actual "bad abilities", or "abilities that would be good, but..."

As such, I was thinking of making a character with an actual bad ability. I'm not entirely sure what I want, though. Some ideas I've come up with:

- The ability to tell the exact time of a point on Earth; however, the person does not know what point on Earth when using the ability (randomized each time). A friend pointed out military time as being a loophole. For the sake of the power, that loophole does not work.

- The ability to always be able to see your phone's screen as if it was on, even if it was off.

- The ability to mimic the exact sound of a specific extinct animal. Aside from the decent amount of money generated off of royalties (assuming they managed to record and convince everyone it's accurate), there wouldn't be much use.

- The ability to change their smell at will, but only they can smell the change.

- The ability to know the exact half-way point of an object they are holding.

- The ability to know the exact half-way point of an object they are holding.
This is way too OP. Plus, it'd be so boring. Imagine if you were bored in class but you couldn't even entertain yourself by finding the balance point of various objects...

Um, how about a very cocky, mean guy who has the strength of Hercules, but he can only use his powers for good deeds and helping others, but not hurting others? He could probably have a villainous family that always wanted him to lead on and destroy the world with his power, but he can't use it to cause harm without justice. He grew up an asshole, pretty much, so he can't just fake being nice and just punch someone in the face. His power knows. It knowwws.
Since "good" and "helping" is completely subjective, that leaves a colossal amount of potential actions based on technicalities of terminology. Every evil deed is helping another person, somewhere, and is good for someone. There will always be someone who benefits from an evil action, so that's far too much of a technicality. Also, "justice" is just the idea of "everyone gets what they deserve", so you could get around that on a technicality too because "what someone deserves" is also subjective.

This is way too OP. Plus, it'd be so boring. Imagine if you were bored in class but you couldn't even entertain yourself by finding the balance point of various objects...
I don't see how knowing the half-way point of an object in your hands would be OP, to be perfectly honest. The most obvious limitations to it is that it would have to be something they can carry, which in itself limits a lot. Then there's the fact that there isn't much practical use to it. Keep in mind, as well, that having the ability and being able to make use of some of the more niche uses of it are different.

I don't see how knowing the half-way point of an object in your hands would be OP, to be perfectly honest. The most obvious limitations to it is that it would have to be something they can carry, which in itself limits a lot. Then there's the fact that there isn't much practical use to it. Keep in mind, as well, that having the ability and being able to make use of some of the more niche uses of it are different.
That kid could be great in physics or geometry or woodworking or something.

Lol, i was joking :D

Since "good" and "helping" is completely subjective, that leaves a colossal amount of potential actions based on technicalities of terminology. Every evil deed is helping another person, somewhere, and is good for someone. There will always be someone who benefits from an evil action, so that's far too much of a technicality. Also, "justice" is just the idea of "everyone gets what they deserve", so you could get around that on a technicality too because "what someone deserves" is also subjective.
That is true. ~-~ I'm just so bad with making these up. Let's see...

That is true. ~-~ I'm just so bad with making these up. Let's see...
You don't really need to be good at coming up with bad abilities. The ability is going to be terrible anyway, so have some fun with it! You don't need to make it practical, just do whatever comes to mind when you look around the room you're in. I mean, I was thinking about making a character who could put up shelves so they're perfectly level without any degree of angle to them! That character ended up as someone with no abilities at all - just the weaknesses of them (IE, vulnerable to kryptonite, but doesn't get flight or superstrength or laser vision - she's just a regular human who becomes even weaker than usual near kryptonite)

I just came up with something.

To flicker the lights on and off. Repeatedly. It won't stop until the lightbulb is replaced.

I just came up with something.

To flicker the lights on and off. Repeatedly. It won't stop until the lightbulb is replaced.
You feel like people would just burn their house down in frustration

xD, will have Panda's intro up before I get off.

I kinda want to make a character that can control any inanimate object that she touches.
Though problem is, everything that she touches, she will break before she could even use them.

Reactions: Karakui
-Slaps table- I THINK I GOT ONE AFTER LIKE A WHOLE 24 HOURS OF THINKING.
Hell of a mathematical genius, but has severe dyscalculia.

• Love
Reactions: Karakui and Justin
I already want to deck Caden in the face

Goal: achieved.

I already want to deck Caden in the face
I agree so much with this statement right now

Also I would have a post up, if my computer hadn't deleted it. Guess I have to re write it now

I agree so much with this statement right now

Also I would have a post up, if my computer hadn't deleted it. Guess I have to re write it now
Oh, I guess you don't write it on Iwaku?

Or do you write/type it on a phone? Does that not have the undo button thingy.

Yes, I have have a computer and not a phone. Woop woop *Starts talking backwards*

" GOD, GET A BRAIN. "
tumblr_n9cx353qZV1qizslmo2_500.gif

« F U L L N A M E »
Aleccander Emec.
tumblr_inline_nrtes08wB91tvhbbt_500.gif

HEIGHT » 6'2
WEIGHT » Over his recommended weight range.
HAIR » Rusted blonde and chocolate brown.
EYES » Mocha brown/goldenrod.
COMPLEXION » Warm tan.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES » His lips | His eyebrows | He's a bit of a giant. | No tattoos or whatnot.

« AGE »
Twenty.

« GENDER »
Male.

« LIKES-DISLIKES »
Math + Saying 'Mathematical!' + Cute girls + Noodles + BASEBALL
English - Toothaches - Glasses - Stiff joints - Peas

« FEARS »
Butterflies | Health hardships | Humiliation | Losing

« POWERS »
Aleccander is a literal mathematical genius, a living calculator if you will. His area of thought on math is effortless, able to see a live feed of measurements. His memory of it is incredibly extensive, but when he was young he was diagnosed with dyscalculia.

« PERSONALITY »
Aleccander is not much of your friendly, welcoming type of guy. He is completely insulting, brutish, rash and judgmental. He has one hell of a humor, very good socializing skills, and a way with his words, but not a peoples person. He lacks manners and responsibilities on the outside, but is much more sophisticated than meets the eye. He just likes to keep people at an arms length and let very few into a side they've never seen before. The all knowing smirk and insidious language, he seems like a bully that can get inside your head. Despite Aleccander's unwillingness to trust, he can be trusted. He's rather loyal to those he's fond of, deep down a pretty chill guy. He paints his emotions with his words so well, all the guy needs sometimes is a good hug.

a3e4b43c08f16fd8419128a3289521fd.gif

« BIOGRAPHY »
Aleccander comes from a dominantly villainous family. With the birth of him, many things were laid on his head and promised for his future. At a young age, Alec was able to process math easily and learn it even easier. He was picked up on the local News, went to tournaments and won countless medals and money for his almost unrealistic gift. For a long time, showered in fame and wealth, young Alec's life was perfect.

At thirteen however, he suddenly stopped writing on his large chalkboard in his room, took no more interest in his intensive books of algorithms, and was in horror to see that... He could not understand any of this anymore. Like it was stripped from his mind. He was in turn, given the mathematical skills of a kindergartner. Aleccander was able to improve his math skills with intense learning, but the psychologists and doctors told his mother and father that... There's not much else he can do. He was taught basic math, multiplication tables and was sent off back into school.

Alec hid this newfound sickness to himself in fear of crumbling his reputation and soon bid his school a silent farewell. Being on the math team, once even teaching his own class, multiple scholarships on his head, and even being able to be unbeatable at baseball, he could not even go a day without excuses or purposefully avoiding all of it and everyone else. His promise was gone. He was going to be a star, a male of untouchable progress. He ran from the spotlight, the kid genius that could rival a college calculator had disappeared off the face of this earth never to be seen again.

Aleccander turned from a humble, kind kid whom everyone envied and sought to befriend into a mean, angry boy. He was then bombarded by prescription pills for his temper and bipolar depression for a long while until he got back into baseball. He was still a talented player, but not as perfect as he could have been when he was still a supernatural mathematician; He could easily scout the angle and trajectory of a throw or punt, then calculate how far he had to run, how hard he had to hit. He was then homeschooled for the rest of his academic career, and still has to go to therapy for what happened to him.

His therapist suggested of this club strangely enough and bugged him to go. Since he was with this therapist [a bright woman with a smile like a sunrise] for literally the moment he lost his ability, he owed it to her to at least go once and see how he liked it.
4cbd5a286b2aa685a30b2d4ca0d18418.gif

tumblr_n2vugakvNj1s1ivm8o1_500.gif

Oh, I guess you don't write it on Iwaku?

Or do you write/type it on a phone? Does that not have the undo button thingy.

Yes, I have have a computer and not a phone. Woop woop *Starts talking backwards*
I do not, in fact I mostly use my computer. I only use my phone at school

Status
Not open for further replies.