U.N.I.Q.U.E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh... I have an idea for the voice one, but I have a problem: How would they communicate + could they speak basic words if absolutely needed to? Wanna hear your input.

Huh... I have an idea for the voice one, but I have a problem: How would they communicate + could they speak basic words if absolutely needed to? Wanna hear your input.
There sign language for communication and lip reading for deafness and understanding what other people say, but I'd google it and look up before committing to anything.

Could just hold a pad on the char and use it lol to write down what they want to say.

I was going to do a char who had Empathy as a power... but couldn't tell the difference between emotions.

Like to him Hate would Equal Love or Anger would Equal Affection something like that xD

Well uh-
There sign language for communication and lip reading for deafness and understanding what other people say, but I'd google it and look up before committing to anything.
...What Raindash said

Sorry! I thought her picture was really vague so I added some things in to make it clearer.
It's fine, I see why you did it anyway. It's helpful.

602ed84599aa98c859dc70674f8bf424.jpg

- Name -
Frieda McMillan

- Age -
18-years-old

- Gender -
Female

- Likes -
Reading, tinkering, building things, exploring unfamiliar territory, rainstorms.

- Dislikes -
Snowfall, athletics, dresses, rap music, hard-candy, sweets in general, running out of lead in her pencils.

- Fears -
Accidentally shooting her laser vision and burning someone or something she didn't intend to.

- Power(s) -
Laser/heat vision! It can cut through or disintegrate almost any material!
...But she's blind as a bat. Can't see a darned thing without her glasses. And if she can't see it, she can't shoot it.
(Not without the risk of blowing everything else up in the process, anyway.)

- Personality -
Frieda has a fairly reserved personality in public -- somewhere between identifying as an introvert or an extrovert. She has big aspirations, but no one has ever cared about them (or her) before, so she doesn't always show the bigger, more energetic side of her personality. On the inside, she's full of life and energy and wants to share that with the world, but every time she has in the past, she's been shut down. So instead, she keeps her outside interactions limited to brief and friendly conversation. She is clever and witty (and often sarcastic), and likes making people laugh -- but all she really wants to do is distract outsiders from realizing her status as a low-life with useless powers... If she can keep herself out of the limelight, she's happy to do so.

- Brief Bio -
Frieda always wanted to be a pilot growing up. She wanted to fly planes and explore the world. She had big hopes and dreams... until she realized, that is, that no one with vision as impaired as hers would ever be allowed to fly a plane. She was essentially blind without her glasses. And when she was old enough to realize this, she had to give up on that dream. However, she's opted to study the next best thing -- air and space engineering! Frieda still builds model airplanes in her spare time, and she wiles away the hours by letting her imagination run wild. She draws fake blueprints for fun and still enjoys tinkering with anything she can get her hands on.
Because of the way her visual impairment impedes the use of her powers, Frieda has always been a bit of a laughing stock at school. Hence, she has kept largely to herself up until this point in her life. No one seemed to need her, so she decided she didn't need anyone else. After all, she had her imagination to keep her company. But when Frieda saw the poster for this "support group," she thought it might be worth a shot.
Accepted, One question though, Can she turn her heat/laser vision off and on at will?

The problem with sign language is that it's not universal; if I were to actually go out of my way to learn sign language, it'd be in my mother language and very different from ASL.
There's also fingerspelling, but it also works differently for the most part.
Lip reading doesn't work like that, and is actually very hard to pull off, from what I remember.

I guess I'll stick to the pad idea or get a new superpower, but I like this one...

Thanks for the input tho. ^^

The problem with sign language is that it's not universal; if I were to actually go out of my way to learn sign language, it'd be in my mother language and very different from ASL.
Lip reading doesn't work like that, and is actually very hard to pull off, from what I remember.

I guess I'll stick to the pad idea or get a new superpower, but I like this one...

If you want to stick to the idea then stick to it. We'll find a way! "THIS IS A SUPPORT GROUP! WHERE WE SUPPORT THINGS!"

Technically your character could have a mind reader with her to say/translate the words for her :P If she's rich enough.

No problem, not being deaf makes it hard to understand how it all works, but I tried.

If you want to stick to the idea then stick to it. We'll find a way! "THIS IS A SUPPORT GROUP! WHERE WE SUPPORT THINGS!"

Technically your character could have a mind reader with her to say/translate the words for her :P If she's rich enough.
If someone in the RP is willing/I can play an NPC, sure. ((I'd rather not play multiple characters tho >.>))

If someone in the RP is willing/I can play an NPC, sure. ((I'd rather not play multiple characters tho >.>))
*has universal translator PC*

tumblr_nuc2oaWVgU1rtxhy1o1_500.jpg

Name
Brooklyn Gable
Ladybugs
Butterflies
Patchwork quilts
Board Games
Ferris Wheels
Persian Cats
Dislikes
Stilettos
Feather Boas
Chihuahuas
Country Music
Skittles
Fears
Cursing herself or someone she loves with something horrible.
Bats
Power
Curse Inducement
The ability to curse anything or anyone. However her curses must be spoken aloud and with clarity, perfect pronunciation, prose and precision, which is really hard when your every fifth word is a swear and sometimes you make weird sounds for no reason. Hint: She has tourettes.
Personality
Brooklyn is a pleasant person to be around when she's in a good mood, which is rare because when you come from a long line of powerful and successful witches and she can't even manage to enchant a broom stick without screaming 'FUCK' and enchanting herself instead. So Brooklyn can be a bit of an overachiever to make up for the fact that she can't use her powers properly. She can sometimes be a bit of a kiss ass because she rarely keeps friends due to cursing them by accident or just freaking them out. Because of this, she often gets stressed out and when she's at her limit she usually starts snapping at the nearest person, friend or foe. But when she isn't stressed or kissing up, she can be a pretty funny woman with a penchant for cheering others up when they're down. She's one of those wry 'look on the bright side' girls, where she'll say stuff like "Well at least you didn't maim two civilians."
Bio
As stated previously, Brooklyn comes from a long line of successful witches, 12 generations in fact. And being the only member of the 13th generation, it makes sense that she got all the bad luck. But, thankfully her family was caring so they accepted her for who she was even if she could barely manage to say "I love you!" without slipping a 'fuck' in there.

Brooklyn didn't always have tourettes. When she was a toddler she was fine, in fact she often ran around throwing compliments all over the place. But when she turned five she witnessed a traumatic event that sent her into a brief bout of silence and when she came out of it her perfect speech was gone and she was cursing and making sudden noises 24/7. Her parents took her to a speech therapist and after six months of sessions, Brooklyn's tourettes lessened a bit, but it never went away.

• Love
Reactions: Rithas
Musunde.Hiraite.Rasetsu.to.Mukuro.600.456788.jpg

"Once, I had aspirations to be a supervillain. Of course, my power doesn't really help that any..."

Name:
Caden Cash

Dislikes:
People with a lack of personal space, being touched, being kissed, his superpowers, GERMS (mostly from other people)

Fears:
Being kissed by a stranger on the street. "Think of where they've been! What they've... done with that mouth..."
Not being taller than everyone in the room. "It's a power thing."

Power:
Linguistic Assimilation, the ability to learn any language through touch.
He has an irrational fear of physical contact, thinking that it will make him sick and cause him to die. He keeps the languages forever, but he has the person from which he took the language's accent when speaking the language.

Personality:
"I've got this one. I'm a pretty cool guy to know. I mean, I've got some issues to work out, such as needing to clean anything that I own when someone else touches it or never allowing people any closer than three feet. But hey, I can speak... three different languages fluently and if the train gets too crowded, probably more. If I could figure out how to rule the world with a universal translation power, I would."

Caden is the type of guy who's laid back and friendly enough to disguise the fact that he wears gloves when out in public and keeps hand sanitizer on his person at all times. He doesn't hate people, just germs. His job as a model often has him dressed in flashy or silly outfits, which he doesn't mind wearing.

Brief Bio:
Since he was ten, Caden had one goal. Become a supervillain and rule the world. Not because he disliked the current world, but because he thought he could just rule it... better. He had a plan for all the cool superpowers, but when he got his... it wasn't according to plan.

After gaining his first new language, Caden fell deathly ill. It was a very close call, and while he survived he figured that if he wasn't careful going forward it would happen again. It hasn't.

Later on in life he was hired as a fashion model and now leads a fairly lavish lifestyle.​

tumblr_nuc2oaWVgU1rtxhy1o1_500.jpg

Name
Brooklyn Gable
Ladybugs
Butterflies
Patchwork quilts
Board Games
Ferris Wheels
Persian Cats
Dislikes
Stilettos
Feather Boas
Chihuahuas
Country Music
Skittles
Fears
Cursing herself or someone she loves with something horrible.
Bats
Power
Curse Inducement
The ability to curse anything or anyone. However her curses must be spoken aloud and with clarity, perfect pronunciation, prose and precision, which is really hard when your every fifth word is a swear and sometimes you make weird sounds for no reason. Hint: She has tourettes.
Personality
Brooklyn is a pleasant person to be around when she's in a good mood, which is rare because when you come from a long line of powerful and successful witches and she can't even manage to enchant a broom stick without screaming 'FUCK' and enchanting herself instead. So Brooklyn can be a bit of an overachiever to make up for the fact that she can't use her powers properly. She can sometimes be a bit of a kiss ass because she rarely keeps friends due to cursing them by accident or just freaking them out. Because of this, she often gets stressed out and when she's at her limit she usually starts snapping at the nearest person, friend or foe. But when she isn't stressed or kissing up, she can be a pretty funny woman with a penchant for cheering others up when they're down. She's one of those wry 'look on the bright side' girls, where she'll say stuff like "Well at least you didn't maim two civilians."
Bio
As stated previously, Brooklyn comes from a long line of successful witches, 12 generations in fact. And being the only member of the 13th generation, it makes sense that she got all the bad luck. But, thankfully her family was caring so they accepted her for who she was even if she could barely manage to say "I love you!" without slipping a 'fuck' in there.

Brooklyn didn't always have tourettes. When she was a toddler she was fine, in fact she often ran around throwing compliments all over the place. But when she turned five she witnessed a traumatic event that sent her into a brief bout of silence and when she came out of it her perfect speech was gone and she was cursing and making sudden noises 24/7. Her parents took her to a speech therapist and after six months of sessions, Brooklyn's tourettes lessened a bit, but it never went away.

Accepted!
Musunde.Hiraite.Rasetsu.to.Mukuro.600.456788.jpg

"Once, I had aspirations to be a supervillain. Of course, my power doesn't really help that any..."

Name:
Caden Cash

Dislikes:
People with a lack of personal space, being touched, being kissed, his superpowers, GERMS (mostly from other people)

Fears:
Being kissed by a stranger on the street. "Think of where they've been! What they've... done with that mouth..."
Not being taller than everyone in the room. "It's a power thing."

Power:
Linguistic Assimilation, the ability to learn any language through touch.
He has an irrational fear of physical contact, thinking that it will make him sick and cause him to die. He keeps the languages forever, but he has the person from which he took the language's accent when speaking the language.

Personality:
"I've got this one. I'm a pretty cool guy to know. I mean, I've got some issues to work out, such as needing to clean anything that I own when someone else touches it or never allowing people any closer than three feet. But hey, I can speak... three different languages fluently and if the train gets too crowded, probably more. If I could figure out how to rule the world with a universal translation power, I would."

Caden is the type of guy who's laid back and friendly enough to disguise the fact that he wears gloves when out in public and keeps hand sanitizer on his person at all times. He doesn't hate people, just germs. His job as a model often has him dressed in flashy or silly outfits, which he doesn't mind wearing.

Brief Bio:
Since he was ten, Caden had one goal. Become a supervillain and rule the world. Not because he disliked the current world, but because he thought he could just rule it... better. He had a plan for all the cool superpowers, but when he got his... it wasn't according to plan.

After gaining his first new language, Caden fell deathly ill. It was a very close call, and while he survived he figured that if he wasn't careful going forward it would happen again. It hasn't.

Later on in life he was hired as a fashion model and now leads a fairly lavish lifestyle.​
Accepted!

Really loving the creative ideas everyone is having

Accepted, One question though, Can she turn her heat/laser vision off and on at will?

I was originally thinking it would be better if it was sometimes accidentally activated -- like she'd accidentally break things and always needs new glasses because of it -- but I couldn't think of a plausible condition that would cause these accidental outbursts... So maybe its better to just say she can turn it off and on at will, and the sucky part is that she just can't use it safely?

Idk idk what do you think?? >3<

I was originally thinking it would be better if it was sometimes accidentally activated -- like she'd accidentally break things and always needs new glasses because of it -- but I couldn't think of a plausible condition that would cause these accidental outbursts... So maybe its better to just say she can turn it off and on at will, and the sucky part is that she just can't use it safely?

I like it, because then it would be like cyclops level power with some control. Does she break stuff when she sneezes? Is it a thing that she needs to be aware of at all times?

Yeah, it would be better if she had accidental outbursts. Since that can just be part of the power and doesn't have to be a condition. It would also lower the *power* of the ability as well.

All the money wasted on glasses.

d8D9uRs.png

(very quick doodle)
Name
Calliope Brewer

Music, reading, poetry, cushions, fuzzy stuff, colors
Dislikes
Big crowds, people interrupting her or deeming her as unimportant, people treating her like she's crazy, loud noises

Fears
Being utterly ignored and not having any say in things, having people leave her for using her voice

Power(s)
The power to emit a highly enhanced destructive and deafening scream of a high amplitude.

Personality
*written on paper*
"IT'S NOT LIKE I WANTED TO STOP TALKING. I JUST HAD NO CHOICE."
"YEP. MAYBE. NOPE. NO. YEAH, I WASN'T LISTENING."

Attention seeking but fairly withdrawn and introverted. When she wants to talk or is in a good mood, she's a real sassy, pun-loving bastard.
She doesn't like people too much, and finds it hard to stay in touch or do contact at all, which leads to her often being unresponsive or ignorant. However, when she finds a person she really likes, she'd stick to them like glue. She's also fairly uncaring about things and people, sometimes even herself without realizing.

Brief Bio
She used to be far more outgoing and friendly when she was young, but ever since she got her powers at age 9 and the, erm,"Accident" happened, she was starting to withdraw more and more into herself. She went almost completely mute once she got diagnosed with dysphonia at age 12.
However, she soon found refuge in literature and music, deciding to surround herself with things she liked instead of keeping contact with friends and facing the problems head-on.

i hope this is okay!! :>

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Karyra and IceQueen
d8D9uRs.png

(very quick doodle)
Name
Calliope Brewer

Music, reading, poetry, cushions, fuzzy stuff, colors
Dislikes
Big crowds, people interrupting her or deeming her as unimportant, people treating her like she's crazy, loud noises

Fears
Being utterly ignored and not having any say in things, having people leave her for using her voice

Power(s)
The power to emit a highly enhanced destructive and deafening scream of a high amplitude.

Personality
*written on paper*
"IT'S NOT LIKE I WANTED TO STOP TALKING. I JUST HAD NO CHOICE."
"YEP. MAYBE. NOPE. NO. YEAH, I WASN'T LISTENING."

Attention seeking but fairly withdrawn and introverted. When she wants to talk or is in a good mood, she's a real sassy, pun-loving bastard.
She doesn't like people too much, and finds it hard to stay in touch or do contact at all, which leads to her often being unresponsive or ignorant. However, when she finds a person she really likes, she'd stick to them like glue. She's also fairly uncaring about things and people, sometimes even herself without realizing.

Brief Bio
She used to be far more outgoing and friendly when she was young, but ever since she got her powers at age 9 and the, erm,"Accident" happened, she was starting to withdraw more and more into herself. She went almost completely mute once she got diagnosed with dysphonia at age 12.
However, she soon found refuge in literature and music, deciding to surround herself with things she liked instead of keeping contact with friends and facing the problems head-on.

i hope this is okay!! :>
Accepted!

I like it, because then it would be like cyclops level power with some control. Does she break stuff when she sneezes? Is it a thing that she needs to be aware of at all times?
Yeah, it would be better if she had accidental outbursts. Since that can just be part of the power and doesn't have to be a condition. It would also lower the *power* of the ability as well.

All the money wasted on glasses.
Cool cool~ Yeah I'll include the accidental outbursts then. (It'll be like something that she just always has to be mindful of, so that when she's super tired, or caught by surprise -- or when she sneezes, like RainDash suggested, because LOL -- that's when she has accidents.)

Cool cool~ Yeah I'll include the accidental outbursts then. (It'll be like something that she just always has to be mindful of, so that when she's super tired, or caught by surprise -- or when she sneezes, like RainDash suggested, because LOL -- that's when she has accidents.)
Cool, I just imagine everyone just diving to the ground when she's about to sneeze :D

I love this group already. It's going to be a big mess.

Reactions: BB-Bauers
Status
Not open for further replies.