Two Years After Contact - Post Apoc RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nora watched Gerard eat up the cans of beans quietly, giving a slight nod to his words.

"You can have one of the mattresses," she told Gerard, heading toward it herself. She tugged at the top one so that it fell halfway off. "Got a blanket too if you want." Maybe she'd take the gun from him when he woke up.​
"Thank you, Miss Nora. I promise I don't snore." Gerard pulled the mattress over and grabbed the blanket. He carefully pulled the gun out of his pants and laid it near his head between the two mattresses on the floor.

Then he went to his knees into a prayer position on the mattress itself.

"Our Father, Whose art is in Heaven
Hollow be thy name.
Thy kingdom comes
Thy will be done on the Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily breads
And forgive us our bus passes, as we forgive those who bus pass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us no evil.
And look after Miss Nora because she's a good woman.
She forgave me for trying to be bad
And she gave me beans.
Amen Holly Luyah."

Then he moved to a fetal position with the blanket pulled over him up to the shoulders, the Iron Man watch visible on his wrist.
"Good Night Miss Nora." Gerard concluded, sleepily.​

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
"Thank you, Miss Nora. I promise I don't snore." Gerard pulled the mattress over and grabbed the blanket. He carefully pulled the gun out of his pants and laid it near his head between the two mattresses on the floor.

Then he went to his knees into a prayer position on the mattress itself.

"Our Father, Whose art is in Heaven
Hollow be thy name.
Thy kingdom comes
Thy will be done on the Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily breads
And forgive us our bus passes, as we forgive those who bus pass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us no evil.
And look after Miss Nora because she's a good woman.
She forgave me for trying to be bad
And she gave me beans.
Amen Holly Luyah."

Then he moved to a fetal position with the blanket pulled over him up to the shoulders, the Iron Man watch visible on his wrist.
"Good Night Miss Nora." Gerard concluded, sleepily.​
Nora could only watch in surprise, blinking as he prayed. She supposed it made sense, they were in a church. She had never thought to though, which made her wonder if she should. Would a God even listen to a thief like her? She highly doubted it, but who knew. Maybe those who had faith actually did get things done. The kid -man- did get his daily bread in the shape of canned beans.

"Uh... good night," she replied, even though it was still only afternoon. She wondered how long he'd been travelling for to feel so exhausted. Who was he with first? Did they abandon him or something?

She looked over at a small table she had to the side, on which she had a few special items to sell, some including things she had found in the oratory, like a small statue of Mother Mary. Hm... She took a step forward before pausing and turning. Now wasn't the time to get sentimental.

Instead, she simply sat down and opened the leftover can of beans, eating much like Gerard had. For the time being, she'd just keep a vigil.​

She looked over at a small table she had to the side, on which she had a few special items to sell, some including things she had found in the oratory, like a small statue of Mother Mary. Hm... She took a step forward before pausing and turning. Now wasn't the time to get sentimental.

Instead, she simply sat down and opened the leftover can of beans, eating much like Gerard had. For the time being, she'd just keep a vigil.​
Gerard... had lied. In less than five minutes, he was snoring like a bear.

It was the perfect opportunity to get the gun away from him, as it was lying on the floor between the two mattresses. Who knew if it even worked anymore, what with the magazine jammed in backwards. It might be worth salvaging, but one thing was sure - it wouldn't ever fire in the condition it was in, even if Gerard had the guts to ever pull the trigger. Maybe she should just leave it be, or was she worried enough to at least remove the bullets from the magazine - presuming she could un-jam it from the base of the old Colt 1911.

"Szar! I was just joking, igen?" He backed off, raising his hands. "No problem, no problem." Then under his breath, that word again. "Kurva."

Andros was getting impatient with his brother, as he was waving him over. "Megyünk most. A kutyák jönnek!"

"Szar! Ez nem éri meg. Hagyja, hogy a szuka megeszik a kutyák." Joska said, and all of the men converged on their truck, leaving Natalija behind without another word, but they appeared to be in a hurry.
"Riiiiight... they alvays say that, vhen they realize I got some teeth, and am not the kind of woman to just roll over for them!" Natalija smirked, now just amused, as Joska claimed he vas "just joking". Somehow, she didnt think he'd back off nearly so easy, if she just asked him nicely to do so.

But that rapid-fire burst in Hungarian from his brother got her atention too. And Joska's reaction, as wel as that of all the others, sugested something vas... wrong. Or at least urgent.

"Whats going on?!" she shouted after Joska, taking a few steps tovard them too.

Gerard... had lied. In less than five minutes, he was snoring like a bear.

It was the perfect opportunity to get the gun away from him, as it was lying on the floor between the two mattresses. Who knew if it even worked anymore, what with the magazine jammed in backwards. It might be worth salvaging, but one thing was sure - it wouldn't ever fire in the condition it was in, even if Gerard had the guts to ever pull the trigger. Maybe she should just leave it be, or was she worried enough to at least remove the bullets from the magazine - presuming she could un-jam it from the base of the old Colt 1911.
Well, there went any notion of peace and quiet. Nora sighed a little as she finished the can of beans and set it to the side. Well, on the plus side, she had a new jersey and it looked cool. And she could say she had accomplished her good deed of the year, probably.

Her eyes moved to where she knew the gun was. Getting up quietly, she headed over to the mattress and sat down on if. She cast a glance at the sleeping Gerard before she quickly reached over and snatched the gun. She bit her lip once it was in her position. She felt like an a**hole, stealing from someone who had just prayed for her.

Ughhh... damn conscience! Nora gritted her teeth a moment before standing up and heading outside, just beyond the dome, She sat down on the ground and looked at the gun. She was no way near a weapons expert, but she knew that this thing wasn't going to work, not in the condition it was in.

Nora swallowed a little before nodding to herself. She could just sell it off and get the kid -man- something more useful instead. Something he could use... She face-palmed. Being sentimental was going to kill her.​

Nora swallowed a little before nodding to herself. She could just sell it off and get the kid -man- something more useful instead. Something he could use... She face-palmed. Being sentimental was going to kill her.​
Gerard was still asleep during all of this. During her examination of the gun, she noticed an inscription. Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. along the stock of the gun on one side. Odd thing to be engraved on a gun.

In the distance, a large truck engine gunned, and the noise of a rowdy bunch followed. When Nora looked that way, she saw a large Land Rover filled to the brim with men, at least one of whom was waving a bottle of booze out the window. They were headed her way, but she had plenty of time to duck back into the Church if she wanted.

Gerard was still asleep during all of this. During her examination of the gun, she noticed an inscription. Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. along the stock of the gun on one side. Odd thing to be engraved on a gun.

In the distance, a large truck engine gunned, and the noise of a rowdy bunch followed. When Nora looked that way, she saw a large Land Rover filled to the brim with men, at least one of whom was waving a bottle of booze out the window. They were headed her way, but she had plenty of time to duck back into the Church if she wanted.
Nora looked to the inscription on the gun. She blinked, blinked again. A rare laugh escaped her, and she shook her head. "Jeez... oops... sorry Jesus." If she was to take that inscription literally, didn't it mean she was meant to die by a gun? I never used it though... plus...

She had no time to think any more on that subject, however. Her head jerked up when she heard the sound of an engine... it was coming this way. She stood up, peering down; she had a good vantage point as she was at the top of the hill. Even from here she could see the bottle of booze.

S***, she cussed in her mind, and a few more times as well. A bunch of drunks was the last thing she needed, today, or ever. She'd had her share of sober men try to hit on her; she couldn't expect anything better from bunch of drunks. She quickly turned heel and raced back into the church, heading straight into the dome. There was still the open space that was missing panels, but hopefully they wouldn't come in.

Please don't come in. Even if it was relatively dark in the dome, Gerard's snoring was a giveaway that someone was here.​

She quickly turned heel and raced back into the church, heading straight into the dome. There was still the open space that was missing panels, but hopefully they wouldn't come in.

Please don't come in. Even if it was relatively dark in the dome, Gerard's snoring was a giveaway that someone was here.​
The snoring was drowned out utterly by the gunning engine. "God damnit slow down man! I can't see if there's anyone here!" a male voice called out.

"Shut up you, we're in front of a church. Don't say that shit."

"You mean cuss? Hell, you just did."

"But I didn't say the G-D word. You don't say that shit by a church. It's bad luck."

"Take off. Come on then man. He can't have gotten far. That retard stole my Pa's gun and I aim to get it back."

"I say he deserved it. You were too fucking drunk to hold onto it, finder's keepers."

"Shut up, eh. I ain't about to let some moron steal my shit, especially that. I don't have anything else of my Pa's. He was a hero."

"A hero? For what, committing fucking suicide in a helium balloon? That's some Kamakaze shit there, Andy."

"Take off! You want me to bust your jaw again?"

"Shit I was just kidding. Sorry, eh."

Then the sound of the truck gunned again and they moved slowly down the street.

The snoring was drowned out utterly by the gunning engine. "God damnit slow down man! I can't see if there's anyone here!" a male voice called out.

Then the sound of the truck gunned again and they moved slowly down the street.
Nora let out a sigh of relief when she heard the Land Rover start to move once more. She hadn't realized it earlier, but she was shaking, and she could now feel the cold sweat trickling down her sides an forehead. She finally sat down, looking to the gun that was still in her hands. So... Gerard had stolen this? She looked his way before shaking her head. She was almost a hundred percent sure that the guy would probably kill him if they found him.

Man... And now she had the gun. Well, the faster she sold the damn thing, the better. But tonight would hardly be the night to go out. She just hoped Gerard had the sense to stay put as well.

Wait, what? No. She wasn't about to take care of a man child! He was here for the night and then in the morning it was time that he left. Although, technically, was it allowed to force someone out of a church? What a conundrum.​

***OOC***​
I just don't know where to begin here. How is this an introduction post? While this is a very slightly futuristic era, going out and discovering a new atom in a relatively realistic world on your own, and without a proper lab is out of context for this RP. Then the whole thing with the dog, almost talking... and finally the whole thing was a delusion?

I'm sorry but I don't think you get the concept of an introduction post. An intro post is supposed to give me as the GM or the player an 'in' to where we can post an interactive response.

We don't know where in the world this is, and if any of it happened outside of your character's brain. Also, you might want to shorten your paragraphs some.

As this stands, this is an utterly unacceptable post for this RP. Please take time to review the background material. This post is nullified, I will give you one more chance to post something more appropriate to this RP and if that second effort isn't up to the standards and scope of the campaign, you will be respectfully be asked to leave this RP for one that would be more suited to your proclivities and style of writing.​
(( Alright. I'll be a few hours cringing my limbs off at my mistake. THEN I'll probably get something to eat. AND THEN, I'll aggressively tap dance at random strangers BUT FINALLY, I'll reconsider what I posted. OHOHOHO YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS THE LAST THING, WELL IT ISN'T. THE FINAL THING I'LL DO IS ~ Insert drumroll lasting an unreasonable amount of time that ultimately ends on the wrong beat, making people with OCD everywhere attempt to destroy the universe out of frustration ~ The last thing I'll do is, is leave this question : " Why is an apple not an apple on weekends ? "

(( Alright. I'll be a few hours cringing my limbs off at my mistake. THEN I'll probably get something to eat. AND THEN, I'll aggressively tap dance at random strangers BUT FINALLY, I'll reconsider what I posted. OHOHOHO YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS THE LAST THING, WELL IT ISN'T. THE FINAL THING I'LL DO IS ~ Insert drumroll lasting an unreasonable amount of time that ultimately ends on the wrong beat, making people with OCD everywhere attempt to destroy the universe out of frustration ~ The last thing I'll do is, is leave this question : " Why is an apple not an apple on weekends ? "
// OOC //

I dont know vhat stuff your on sweety, but it sure is very strong. :P

Jacobs was a solid man. Before the invasion, he was the district manager of the HEBs in the area, and a Coast Guard reservist. He also was a rather large and intimidating man, at least until you got to know him. He looked up from his paperwork, cocking his head and motioning Tobias into the office. "Well if it isn't the boss man. What can I do ya for, Mister Denton? Need me to get y'all some extra supplies over there?"

Jacobs stood, and extended his hand to Tobias. In his youth, Jacobs' father tried to get his son to do more than the college football that he'd done at A&M, because in truth, he could have. Six foot four and two hundred and thirty pounds of muscle, he could have definitely made his way to the Cowboys roster if he put his mind to it, but he liked being an administrator, and he was good at it. It was an odd combination.

Tobias shook the large mans hand. "No supplies today. I was hoping I could steal some of your men. I'd like 4 but I'll take whatever you can spare."

But that rapid-fire burst in Hungarian from his brother got her attention too. And Joska's reaction, as well as that of all the others, suggested something vas... wrong. Or at least urgent.

"Whats going on?!" she shouted after Joska, taking a few steps tovard them too.
Joska just shook his head and bolted to get on the truck, his brother was already there, and waved at her, sneering and saying, "Búcsú. Lássuk, ha tudsz beszélni ezekkel szuka, mielőtt esznek meg!"

She didn't have to wait for a translation as, while the truck was turning around and heading out as quickly as the driver could move it, she heard them.

The dogs.

Not just dogs, but wolves. Interbred and left to run wild since the Invasion began, large packs of the canines cropped up all over this area. The baying and howling of the approaching pack was coming closer, and swiftly.

Natalija had a few options off the top of her head -

• Try to run and hitch a ride on that truck, braving whatever treatment those men would attempt to inflict on her.

• Hide among the debris. Possible but... wolf-dog hybrids were likely to hunt by scent at least partially, and she was shortly going to be the only living non-wolf creature around.

• Or... go into the mothership. Animals never went inside motherships, save insects and lizards. Anything else with a more complex brain - except humans of course - avoided going inside the ships like they were on fire.

Most of the time, the Invader ships were largely safe for people to go inside. The one here in Budapest had only been lightly scavenged however. Superstition was strong in this part of the world, and this showed by the charms, fetishes and wreaths of garlic flowers placed near the entrance that was in sight. A mothership, it was rumored, was the perfect hiding place for nosferatu, and any number of other boogeymen believed in by the locals.

Which path does she choose, or does she find another way out of this?

Wait, what? No. She wasn't about to take care of a man child! He was here for the night and then in the morning it was time that he left. Although, technically, was it allowed to force someone out of a church? What a conundrum.
Nora heard the truck several more times throughout the night, with the men sounding more and more drunk by the last pass at about two in the morning.

She was faced with a hard choice:

• She could gather her things and sneak out while Gerard was still asleep and either keep the gun on her or leave it with him.
  • She could just wait for him to wake up in the morning, and take him along with her, or simply part ways with him at that point.
  • She could wake him up now that she was fairly confident the men were sleeping off their drunk to seize the opportunity to get far enough away from the men to where she could either sell the gun or leave it in Gerard's care. He had been asleep since late afternoon and had had a full night's rest, unlike Nora.
Or did she have some other plan in mind?

Nora was, thankfully, used to little sleep. The dark circles around her eyes proved that. She was slightly irritated however when the damn truck just wouldn't leave. Come morning she knew they would probably bust in here to try and find Gerard and the gun. She chewed mercilessly on her lip as she thought of what to do.

Finally, she stood up. As much as she hated it, her sanctuary had been breached. She'd have to move on. It wasn't the first time this had happened, thought she was a little regretful, seeing that she had actually liked this place. Well, who knew, maybe she could head downtown to the Planetarium or something.

She headed over to the table and reached underneath, where she had a backpack. She opened it wide, and then with a sweep of her hand, deposited all the items on the table within. She looked around and snatched another bag containing some canned food; that too she dropped into the backpack. Once done, she zipped it up and pulled it on. It was heavy, but she wasn't leaving empty handed. The gun she had shoved partially in her jeans, covered by the jersey.

She started toward the 'doorway', then paused, looking at Gerard. Leaving him here... wasn't it like a death sentence? She wasn't sure what the guys would do to him, but being kind was probably not it. She sighed a little. Maybe he could be useful to her. She tapped her foot on the floor for a moment before walking over and patting his shoulder.

"Hey," Nora whispered. "Time to get up. We have to leave."​

Joska just shook his head and bolted to get on the truck, his brother was already there, and waved at her, sneering and saying, "Búcsú. Lássuk, ha tudsz beszélni ezekkel szuka, mielőtt esznek meg!"

She didn't have to wait for a translation as, while the truck was turning around and heading out as quickly as the driver could move it, she heard them.

The dogs.

Not just dogs, but wolves. Interbred and left to run wild since the Invasion began, large packs of the canines cropped up all over this area. The baying and howling of the approaching pack was coming closer, and swiftly.

Natalija had a few options off the top of her head -

• Try to run and hitch a ride on that truck, braving whatever treatment those men would attempt to inflict on her.

• Hide among the debris. Possible but... wolf-dog hybrids were likely to hunt by scent at least partially, and she was shortly going to be the only living non-wolf creature around.

• Or... go into the mothership. Animals never went inside motherships, save insects and lizards. Anything else with a more complex brain - except humans of course - avoided going inside the ships like they were on fire.

Most of the time, the Invader ships were largely safe for people to go inside. The one here in Budapest had only been lightly scavenged however. Superstition was strong in this part of the world, and this showed by the charms, fetishes and wreaths of garlic flowers placed near the entrance that was in sight. A mothership, it was rumored, was the perfect hiding place for nosferatu, and any number of other boogeymen believed in by the locals.

Which path does she choose, or does she find another way out of this?
"Jebote!" Natalija sweared in Croatian, starting to hear the noises of the in-coming pack. From the sounds, there wer plenty. A dozen, at least, likely more.

Mind racing for a moment, she considered her options. She culd find a good spot here among the debris, and try to snipe those dogs off vith her rifle. A semi-auto weapon, the M76 vas suited for rapid-fire precision shooting liek that. But that idea fell-of prety fast. There vas no defensible spot that she culd see, that wuld protect her from the pack simply out-flanking and surounding her from all around. She might get a couple, maybe half a dozen if lucky, before they scatered and atacked from all around. And the fact vas, she vasnt THAT good a marksman, especialy not on something as smal and fast-moving as a dog. She'd waste more ammo then she'd hit, and she didnt exacly have a abundance of ammo. And she didnt bet they'd be scared of gun-fire either, they wer probably used to it, vith the gang activity here. If she stil had any kind of decent melee-weapon, she'd be game for meeting them close-in, but she didnt, her machete-cleaver vas at her pack back at hide-out, all she had vas her swichblade, and that thing vasnt all that efective in a direct flowing fight, more a suprise-stab weapon.

Her eyes brifly crossed-over the entrance to the ruined ship... but she shaked her head quickly. Geting in-side there before she had a LOT beter idea of vhat she might find in there, didnt agree vith her. All in all, hitching a ride on these guys' truck seemed like the best option. Not that she'd need to hitch it for long, just enogh to get her out of the imediate area. She figured she culd handle them for that long, if they took exeption to a un-wanted passenger. Besydes, that guy Joska obviusly had a thing for her, she got a feeling he wuldnt be averse to having her around for some time longer. She culd make a few veiled... inuendos, then slip away from the truck vhen its out of imediate area!

"Hey! WAIT UP!" she yeled, sprinting after the acelerating truck. Being a sluggish old thing, she had no troble catching up vith it before it surpased her running speed. She grabed hold of the rear swing-down doors, and stood on the bumper, not climbing all the vay in.

"Jebote!" Natalija sweared in Croatian, starting to hear the noises of the in-coming pack. From the sounds, there wer plenty. A dozen, at least, likely more.
"Hey! WAIT UP!" she yeled, sprinting after the acelerating truck. Being a sluggish old thing, she had no troble catching up vith it before it surpased her running speed. She grabed hold of the rear swing-down doors, and stood on the bumper, not climbing all the vay in.
"Oh, so the kurva likes us now?" The snide comment from Joska is all the reaction she got from them for now, as they were all concerned with getting well out of the reach of the dog pack, which ended up being rather sizable - at least fifty dogs, there might even be a hundred.

Which left them on the bumpy road together for some time, with the men talking to each other in hushed Hungarian, as Joska had turned out to be the driver. It looked like they were headed for somewhere near the center of Budapest - the Magyar Allami Oprahaz, the Hungarian State Opera House.

The opera house was large, near the water and being a fairly tall building, easily defended. When they arrived, Joska walked over to Natalija."You are tough woman. You need it here. We leave you now, but if you change your mind, you find Joska, igen?" The fact that he didn't try to extort some sort of price for saving her life was somewhat puzzling, until you realized there was a very military kind of order here, being enforced by serious-looking men with AKs either carried or strapped to their backs, as well as the jeeps with full on machine guns mounted on top.

He didn't give her a chance to respond before he and his men moved out, carrying re-purposed potato sacks full of what was presumably salvage deeper into the complex.

Gone was most of the seating in the grand operahouse - it was now the floor of a great flea market. This, it seemed was the heart of trading for Budapest. Military looking men in the higher balconies overlooked the scene to make sure everything went smoothly, but other than that, it was a bustle of trading activity, even though it was near dark by the time they entered.

She had a few obvious options right now -

• Trade with one of the many merchants here with whatever salvage she had to trade.
  • Continue to follow Joska and his men
  • Try to learn more about how organized this place was when most of the area had degraded into near anarchy.
Or she could forge some other path, or some combination of these.

Tobias shook the large mans hand. "No supplies today. I was hoping I could steal some of your men. I'd like 4 but I'll take whatever you can spare."
"I can get you four men, but that depends on a few things - for how long, what for, and do I have to keep this under my hat?" Jacobs asked, returning to his desk to bring out a fat D-Ring binder that used to be used as a vendor log - it even still said that on the outside.

Nora was, thankfully, used to little sleep. The dark circles around her eyes proved that. She was slightly irritated however when the damn truck just wouldn't leave. Come morning she knew they would probably bust in here to try and find Gerard and the gun. She chewed mercilessly on her lip as she thought of what to do.

"Hey," Nora whispered. "Time to get up. We have to leave."​
"Oh okay." He sat up, reaching for the gun which was no longer there. When he didn't find it, he started turning over the mattresses to find it, not realizing it was on Nora. "I can't find the gun, Nora. We can't leave without it. Guns usually make people do what you want. Otherwise no one will listen to a dummy like me." Gerard wasn't looking directly at Nora and might not have seen the gun on her anyway because of how she was mostly concealing it, and it didn't even enter into his mind that she might have stolen it after giving him food.

"Oh okay." He sat up, reaching for the gun which was no longer there. When he didn't find it, he started turning over the mattresses to find it, not realizing it was on Nora. "I can't find the gun, Nora. We can't leave without it. Guns usually make people do what you want. Otherwise no one will listen to a dummy like me." Gerard wasn't looking directly at Nora and might not have seen the gun on her anyway because of how she was mostly concealing it, and it didn't even enter into his mind that she might have stolen it after giving him food.
Drat. For once Nora was having a hard time figuring out whether she should just like to him or not. It might be better too, in fact. However, with her unfortunately and untimely acquisition of a conscience, the thought was making her feel as guilty as a sinner. Which she was, of course; she just hadn't really cared much about it before.

She rubbed her head before pushing her bangs away from her face. "I have the gun," she told him quietly. "I've hidden it, it's not safe to keep when you can't even use it." Well, that much was true, right? "You need something better than a gun. I can get you something better."

Nora paused in her speech, wondering if she should tell him about the men who were searching for him. Might be leverage, she thought before continuing. "You stole that gun, didn't you Gerard. I heard people talking of it. They want it back, and they will hurt you to get it back. You're not safe with it. They won't listen to you."​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.