Two Worlds to Know

Nadira was up as soon as she heard the knock, rubbing her eyes from the sleep that tried to lodge them shut. Following his advice, she quickly went about using the shower, changing into a green tunic and black shorts soon after, tugging her ankle boots on with them. Making sure that she was presentable and that her necklace was secured where it should be, the witch made her way quietly down the stairs as she listened to the sounds of the siblings laughing. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs and watched them play for a while, admiring how wonderful of a big brother Rush was to his baby sister, how he played with her and remained attentive to her. There was something endearing about the whole scene and Nadira wanted to embed it in her mind, using it as more of an incentive to get the siblings to Castian safely.

She soon made her way into the room, just barely kneeling down with the siblings before Shadow was in her lap and licking her face. Nadira laughed and scratched him behind his ear.

"Well, that was a sweet good morning," she said jokingly, petting the pup.

Rush smiled and Ellie happily walked to Nadira, hugging her leg and smiling, resting her head on a knee and looked up at her, her hair covered one eye as she blew it away to better look at the witch, Ahh the innocence of a child, she looked at Nadira fondly and smiled more, Rush took a bite of bacon and smiled, nodding towards the plate on the table

"Help yourself to some breakfast I made plenty for the day, but be careful, Shadow may use his charm to wile you out of some~"
he chuckled
"Though a lovely madame such as you would have no touble keeping him at bay~"
He looked at her with loving eyes, the contact form last night still lingered on his skin and made his mind fuzzy but he returned to reality when Ellie lumped onto his lap

"Oh, I wouldn't be too sure. Shadow is such a handsome man, I don't think my heart can stand it," Nadira replied jokingly, sitting at the table with them and helping herself to the food.

It was amazing how comfortable she felt with them, like they were just another piece to her puzzle. She cheerfully ate her food and laughed at Ellie's cute antics, stealing glances at Rush as she remembered his lips on her cheek and his fingers laced with hers. Once done, she took their plates and bowls and cups and washed them, figuring she should be doing something as their guest instead of just mooching on their food. Looking outside, she saw it was sunny and warm out, the sky a beautiful blue to almost match the color of Rush's eyes.

Funny, with as much as she was thinking about the man, one would think HE was the one able to cast spells, not her.

He slowly stood up and Ellie followed suit, walking outside and around the house, poking his head in front of her doing the dishes and smiling, they were face to face, eye to eye as he leaned on the window sill

"...Me and ellie are going to market to get ready for our trip, do you wish for anything there?"
he tapped the window sill, still looking into her eyes as he waited for a response, Ellie was affixed with butterflies fluttering near some flowers as she went to chase them, Shadow followed to keep an eye on his little master

Nadira jumped a little at his sudden appearance, but soon laughed and nodded her head as she finished washing the last plate.

"Actually, yes. I really need to get more gauze for wrapping wounds. I like to be prepared, just in case. Give me a minute and I'll come with you," she said, stopping the water and drying her hands. She disappeared for a moment, but then reappeared wearing her cloak.

When Ellie went running past, she caught the child and lifted her into her arms, making her giggle as she tickled the child's sides and pinched her nose playfully. Nadira then looked to Rush and smiles sweetly, nodding her head at him.

"Lead the way," she said, moving to walk close to him, glancing down at his hand and contemplating on whether or not to hold it; she decided not to lest it make him uncomfortable.

He smiled and took her into town, the old lady was still there but kept her gaze to herself. Rush snickered
"Never really cared for Old Lady Crashaw...she's always been crotchety and snooty every day for her life so whatever made her freak sure showed her what for..I'd welcome any fiend or friend who made her scream.."
he smiled. He wasn't one to relish in other's misfortune but this was too rich, but he looked down at her hand grazing his, and he slowly took it into his palm, and like last night, intertwined their fingers as they walked

Nadira laughed heartily as they passed the old woman, shaking her head at his statement, "Well, you'll be happy to know that it's friend and not fiend."

She giggles secretively, feeling her cheeks actually beginning to heat up as his hand encased hers, his fingers fitting perfectly between the spaces. She looked around for a moment to see if anyone was witnessing this show of public affection, squeezing his hand a little.

"So, because I'm curious, don't you have a sweet maiden in your life, Rush? I mean, aside from your sister," the witch asked, looking at the many food stalls lined up in the market.

His smile widened at the gentle pressure on his fingers and he looked around at the fruit stalls, picking out some fresh pears and oranges
'..Not alot of pickings around her...sure,..there was one sweetheart form a few summers ago but she's long gone into a new town, possibly married and happy. As for now and around here well...not alot of women who caught my interest. I'm not a shallow character but you dig deep enough to pick the dirt and you wind up with soil knee high."
He shook his head and pulled her hand up, kissing it gently
"No, and besides, they hardly top you~:

"...Wow...you really are a charmer," she said playfully though breathlessly at the same time, his bold move sending butterflies fluttering in her stomach, "Careful, Rush, or you might find yourself with another sweetheart."

She grinned teasingly at him, pulling him farther down the aisles as stall after stall began to line the streets. Nadira watched the two siblings shop for supplies for their journey, advising them to get enough for about a week, maybe more since that was how long it took to get to Castian by foot. She finally came across a stall that sold medical supplies. She immediately stacked a few roles of gauze together and reached into her satchel to pay the merchant, oblivious to how he was eyeing her necklace, a flash of greed lighting his eyes up. He had never seen such a gem before, the emerald hanging from the black beads shining brightly in the morning sun. Without thinking about the consequences, he reached out and seized the emerald in his fist with every intention of trying to buy it or trade it off of the witch. However, he was shocked when she whipped back around and snatched his wrist into her hand, her eyes suddenly turning black as she glared darkly at him.

"Release my emerald," she ordered of him in a low, hissing voice, "or be assured that I will make every nightmare you've ever feared tear you apart from the inside out!"

A flash of darkness filled the merchant's mind and he gave a holler, his face turning ghostly white as he dropped to his knees and held his hands above his head, this releasing the emerald from his hold. Nadira's eyes returned to their natural color, though she continued to glare at the man even as she placed two silver coins on the surface of the stall.

He heard the merchant scream and noticed that was were Nadira was, he ran over carrying Ellie in his arms to hold her and snapped the tent stall open, walking over to the horrified man on the floor pleading for his life then looked at Nadira, her true sense was coming to his min, and he knew what she was and what she was capable of. He was silent though as he looked at her, not judging but worried. But again, he took her hand in his and walked her out, back to town and back home, he set Ellie down and sent her to the corner to read for a bit, taking the witch upstairs to her room, locking it behind him so Ellie won't intrude, but he sat upon the bed and looked at Nadira

"....I'm guessing you scared both he merchant and Miss Croshaw....am I right?"

Nadira, after having returned to her senses, placed a hand in her waist and looked up at the ceiling with an exaggerated thinking expression on her face, "Hmm...yeah, I guess you would be right, hahaha. You are really good at this guessing game."

She gave him a grin, hoping to dispel his concern. However, when he didn't laugh or smile, when he didn't do anything except stare at her, she deflated somewhat as the smile slowly slipped from her face.

"That old lady was just for fun, I didn't do much to her, but that greasy merchant..." she started, narrowing her eyes at the floor while she gently wrapped her fingers around her the emerald rock, "This necklace is very special to me and he just grabbed it like it was some some kind of rock to play with, ready to rip it from my neck. I panicked and became angry before I knew what I was doing...I'm sorry if I frightened you or Ellie. I'm not a bad person...or a bad witch, but I'm not perfect either."

Her black curls fell into her face as she tilted her down to stare at the ground, feeling like she had let Rush down by losing control the way she did. More than anything, she wanted to hold his hand again; she wanted to do so much more than that, actually, but she wondered if he would even still want her in his house after what happened at the market. She chanced looking up at him, her emerald green eyes locking with his as she slowly lifted her hand to his cheek.

"I really am sorry if I frightened you," she apologized again, letting her ebony fingers graze his tanned cheek, her palm fitting over it a moment later.

He gripped her wrist with the attention of pulling it away form his facade, but her silky skin was too much to bear and instead he leaned in to it, smiling a bit with an exasperated chuckle and sigh

" Ellie didn't see your blow up, luckily. I just ask you control yourself around her, she's still young and innocent, but you are right...I am more sorry for being upset at you and not knowing your side. The merchants here are dastardly and notorious for bargaining, or in some cases, theivery. So..I do forgive you. Not just because of your promise, but because I know deep down you are good..."
He smiled, his sapphires matching her emeralds as they glistened with some affection, and without thinking, he laced his fingers in hers, and pulled her down sloely, his lips lingered a bit, but slowly encased her luscious lips in his, kissing her with a form of passion

Nadira's eyes widened only a fraction before they slowly drifted closed and she allowed herself to enjoy the luxury of Rush's sweet and gentle kiss. His lips were warm, as was his hand on hers, and she slipped her fingers up into his hair where the soft tresses fell through the spaces. She was glad that he wasn't mad at her, immeasurably happy that he had forgiven her and made a mental note to at least keep her temper under control while in his and Ellie's presence.

She sighed contently as they parted some, taking a moment to catch her breath before leaning in to kiss him again to embed the feeling of his lips on hers in her mind. They were alone for that time and she wanted to enjoy what she could. Finally, they broke again and she smiled at him gently, feeling her chest warming with a tender affection for the man before her.

"Thank you for understanding," she said gratefully, brushing his bangs out of his eyes, "And...for the kiss, hehe."

He smiled at her, gently running hius hand up and down her arm, caressing it lovingly
"..It was my pleasure Nadira~ Thank you for allowing me this oppurtunity of a lifetime..and a possible friendship I will no doubt endear for my life."

He pulled her hand up and kisses it more, but soome enough they heard a scratching at the door
"..My apologies..I would love to continue this encounter but the dog needs an outing..."

He chuckled and kissed her cheek, before walking over and oepning the door, the husky pup circled around himself and wagged his tail ferociously, banging it against the wall in excitement, a rope in his maw as a leash

:Alright alright calm down boy..."

Nadira watched Rush tie the rope loosely around the hound's neck and leave the room with him, Shadow jumping around excitedly and pulling his master down the stairs to head outside. The witch took a moment to herself, just to straighten out her jumbled thoughts as Trophnac materialized beside her, growling low in his throat and yipping at her, as if speaking. She slowly turned her gaze towards him, listening to his yipping, beofre sighing and leaning against the side of the bed.

"I know, I know," she said, pressing her fingers to her kissed lips, "Who knows what kind of kiss he meant for that to be...but I will always treasure it, even if he never wants to kiss me again. I'm afraid that if what happened today happens again, he'll never even want to see my face...which is understandable."

She bit her bottom lip before climbing to her feet and finally making her way downstairs. She walked out into the warm sun, breathing in the fresh air; she was prepared to continue her journey whenever the siblings were, already sorting out who she was going to talk to when she got to the Kingdom of Castian to ensure that Rush and his sister were well taken care of. She didn't fully want to think about what would happen once they were all settled: the siblings no longer needing her around and Nadira continuing her adventures alone once more. She shook her head and took a sit in the soft grass, crossing her legs over each other and closing her eyes, moving to meditation to clear her jumbled mind.

Rush was busy playing with the now relieved pup, smiling and laughing as the dog nipped at his master's fingers, jumping up and trying to wrestle, but Rush pinned him down by his belly, stroking his coat up and down his chest, casuing the dog's legs to thwap against the dirt in joy, his tongue rolled out and eyes closed, basking in the heat the young adult decided to join him, laying on his back and taking in the sun and smiling more, deep breathes caused his chest to heave, taking in the warm crisp air, and he looked over at Nadira, thinking about the kiss.
Where was that going to lead anyway, he thought. Possibly to his death, kissing a witch, or maybe more, but the odds were even enough as is and he didn't want to risk it. He also thought of when they reached their destination, what would happen with them. He wanted to stay with Nadira, but he knew she was a soul not to be bound, and this worried him, not often he met a lady that made him feel this way, feel loved and he loved back. But his thoughts would have to be on hold, as he stood and walked to her
"...Shall we get going then?"

She hadn't exactly heard him right away, so deep in her meditation that all outside noise was muffled and nearly muted. Trophnac materialized again in front of her, glancing at the human boy that seemed to have taken a liking to his mistress. His red eyes bore into Rush's sapphire ones before he grinned evilly and turned to Nadira. He barked loudly in her face, startling the witch out of her trance as she hopped backwards from the sudden noise. When she saw Trophnac cackling at her, she kicked at him with her boot, but hit nothing but air as he dissolved.

"Damn trickster," she mumbled before getting to her feet and facing Rush, signature grin plastered to her face as she pinched his cheek playfully, "I was ready yesterday, hahaha! Are you and your sister ready? It's going to be a bit of a long journey, but I'll make sure we can take frequent breaks so she doesn't get tired."

Nadira figured that if she just continued to play and tease Rush, then they could figure out their...relationship at a different time. Sure, she wanted more than anything to kiss him again, to kiss him forever, and to have a whole new depth to their relationship, but she wasn't sure if he truly wanted her. After all, who would be happy with a witch let alone a witch like her with the darkest of demons at her command.

He smiled and offered his hand to her, his long fingers outstretched at her elbow

"She's more then ready, she needs an adventure, all he life she's been in the sidelines as her brother goes out to do the work, She can't stabd to part with me, and with you by our side I know we can keep her safe.

He grinned at her as he still held his hand out to her, smiling and looking in her eyes. He knew this would be a long trip and along the way they may find out more avbout each other and themselves, but he was willing to venture out with this witch. He grew to like her in a few short hours of meeting her. And he was more than willing to keep this up and try something new

Brave. That was the first word that popped into her head as she looked into Rush's eyes and faced that charming smile of his. Both him and his sister were brave to travel like this with a stranger they just met the day before. There weren't many in the world willing to travel like she did, not a young brother and sister anyway; Rush had a dream to protect his sister and to become a knight like his father and Ellie just wanted to be with her brother. She would make sure she got the siblings to Castian safe and sound, this is Nadira's silent promise to them.

Returning his smile, she took his hand and nodded her head, "Alright, you'll get exactly what you wished for then. An adventure."

She laughed to herself before swooping in and grazing his cheek with a sweet kiss. Then they were off: a knight-to-be, a child, a witch, a dog, and a demon hound to face the world as they made their way to the Kingdom of Castian, leaving behind that little village. It was a peaceful journey at first for them, passing through the forest where the trees loomed over head like green giants protecting them from the heat of the high noon sun. They passed a playful river that babbled and soothed their nerves. They came across several families of deer, admiring their unity and their love for each other.

Rush ducked down a bit, and Ellie was in awe at the deer, many have camne across the outskirts of town and she adored the animals, but none were domesticated enough for her to pet, but Rush had an idea, taking her hand gently and scooping out some oats form his satchel, walking with her towards the fawn and his mother. Who skitted but slowly relaxed at the smell of oats, walking towards her with her outstretched hand, she was giggling as they got closer to each other, Rush gently holding her wrist still, as the fawn gently nibbled on the bundle in her palm, licking it clean, then gently nuzzling up into her hand, Rush smiled as Ellie petted the fawn, smiling more as the deer licked her cheek now and she was squirming with a giggle fit. But the Dusk was slowly rearing it's head of moonlight aura up, signaling the end of the day and they were still miles off from the town.

Rush set up two tents, setting Ellie in hers and smiling, kissing her forehead, but he walked back out and sat beside Nadira in front of the fire

"...Well, this is going to be a long week, travelling."
He smiled at her, placing a hand on hers ont he log they sat on