Two Sentence Challenge #7

K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Sneezing

When archeologist Thaddeus Smythe had excitedly pried open the newly discovered mummy case on his last dig, he thought nothing of the "curse" --some typical folderol about how a liar would come to grief and only a man of virtue could gaze upon the remains therein without invoking great misfortune -- and blah, blah, blah.

Months later, sadder and wiser (he couldn't stop sneezing any time he told even the slightest polite lie, such as "pleased to meet you"), he fled to a odd spiritual community in the Alps which enforced honesty with strict measures, not limited to cleaning birdbaths; a community where Thaddeus rapidly rose to prominence!

Alright, alright, Robert knew that he sneezed exceedingly hard and loud

Still, the fact that his sneeze carried him to another dimension was utterly ridiculous!

Sneezing was her way of knowing they were there, that they were watching and waiting for when she most vulnerable.

It was then that she became their gateway to this world and lost to her own.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
The sneeze reminded her of thunder that went boom after the storm. She was still surprised that the sneeze had came from her tiny body, especially since she was only three inches tall right now.

Across the room to my left, I heard a sneeze that was quickly followed by a polite, "Bless you!" I gave my head a slow, deliberate shake, and once again began an internal monologue on my frustration with wasted words that lost their meaning when it was forgotten.

She felt a hand at her back as she was guided into a corridor, and heard the softly encouraging voice, "Nothing to fear, we are here right behind you."

Knowing one or more of these doors had behind it a wolfman altered by the full moon and that her allergies were to be the means of discovering their precise location, she stumbled into the darkness and waited for the sneezing to begin.

Sneezing is useful in some areas- it cleans out your sinuses and lets you breathe properly. But having a few miniature face explosions is not beneficial when one is trying to break into a house.

It always started with a sneeze, the most feared of symptoms, and even the sheer shadow of one, with someone's nose sent twitching, could put a crowd in a panic.

For once one started to sneeze, it never stopped, and that was a life nobody wanted to live.