Two Sentence Challenge #30

K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Repair

Her eyes were damp with a type of tears that only come when people break in ways that are not easily repaired. In response, the doctor nodded solemnly, "Psychosis is a natural response when you're unable to solve problems, Victoria," said he.

Reactions: Kitti
"They told me it would take time to heal, to repair what had happened, but I never really believed that it was possible. Then I met you, and everything changed..."

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Tom, there are some things in life we can't repair. Our marriage was just simply one of those things."

The shattering of your soul can only be repaired and placed back together by the blood of the innocents you slay for me. I am your god; your servitude is not optional, it is a necessity.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: rissa and Kitti
Smiling, Sinbad looked at his beat up feathered hat, once more with fresh patches and looking rather worse for wear.

"Don't you worry," he said with a chuckle, "you're not getting thrown out 'til there ain't no way to fix ya up."

Reactions: PoetLore and Kitti
"A broken heart isn't mechanical, it can't be repaired like some tool. Only time can mend emotional wounds"

"It's not a lot, er...I worked hard on it, the glue got away from me once or twice, so some of the beads are sticking together. I-I thought you'd like your necklace back."

Too much damage had been done, too many words spoken that could never be taken back. The relationship she once cherished greatly was beyond repair, dead.

" Agent 447, for god's sake, snap that man's neck back to normal!"

The dapper dressed agent signed as he gripped his head on the henchman's head once more, wrenching his neck and head in a maneuver that would realign his spine as the man suddenly came back to life, gasping and pointing his gun where he thought the spy would be, only to see a empty space of blank air.

Jamie held the estimate and felt tears sting her eyes. Fix the car, or pay the rent.

Her arm twitched painfully, the metal gears digging into the stumpy flesh that jutted from her shoulder. Time for repairs...again.

I think a lot of people make the mistake that they can somehow fix people, as if their soul is something that you can just remove and repair like a watch. I'm finding out that people are a lot messier than that, and when it comes to saving people, it's a lot more like carving wood with a toothpick - a thankless task that'll get you nowhere real fast.