Two Sentence Challenge #29

K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Anxious

Like a wave crashing over her, rolling her beneath the surface, her anxiety swelled. Each breath became a desperate gasp for air... just a little bit further to the surface.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Kitti
The screen of his smartphone flashed more and more before his face, the same message being repeated over several accounts, flooding the feed of his Luxury account.

"I'm in your area, I know the first three numbers...I'm in."

Even though she knew the road would come to a sharp turn, she couldn't keep her anxiety levels down when all she saw before her was the upcoming lake. It felt almost as if she was about to drive her car straight into the shining blue water, just like her brother had so many years ago.

The anxiety I felt sitting in that room was like being hooked up to a cattle fence: painful, but not enough voltage to kill. "Ms. Valentine?" the nurse called and I rose.

As I stood in the bathroom, I was anxious as I stared at the small pink strip, sitting on the ground. My anxiety flooded when two lines displayed on the pregnancy test; I was homeless and pregnant.

Reactions: Kitti
Heart pounding, she stared out of the car window, her fingers tapping rapidly on the arm of her chair. She was late for a very important meeting, and her nerves were bundled into a tight ball, settled into her stomach and taking the form of Dread.

She sat there in the lawyer's office next to the man she once loved more than life itself, but who had betrayed on the deepest of levels. Now she was anxious to have this divorce over and done with so she could leave him in her past forever.

Fear rose in her throat. Her skin crawled with the what-ifs and hypotheticals that could never be, but still haunted her thoughts with every passing moment.

She knew she just needed to get out of the car and walk up to his door, seeing as this was the time they were supposed to meet already anyways, and she'd done all she could prepare - hair, make-up, perfume, and all. Nevertheless, she stared at the door momentarily and retreated into her phone, wondering if she should just send to him, Maybe we could meet a different time, because I'm not feeling all that well right now.

It seemed as if breathing was an easy feat for everyone else, as they went about their business entirely unaffected by the invisible hand grasping me by the throat. My legs trembled with the effort to hold my spineless body steady as I looked up-up-up at the magnificent building ahead—subconsciously worshiping the intricately sculpted face of Neptune glaring down at me.