Two Sentence Challenge #26

K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Tardy

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
I stare at my watch and groaned, I was one hour, ten minutes and fifteen seconds late. Why the hell do I even bother to get up early for school when the stupid bus/subway screws me each every time?

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Beggins, nor is he early - he arrives precisely when he's needed." It only took the young Kael a single, brief glimpse at his watch to prove the whole treasure trove of fantasy literature wrong, for despite being a wizard, he was most definitely more than an hour late.

I have never understood why it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to make a man wait for an indeterminate amount of time while she makes ready, but if a man in one moment tardy he is deemed to be unworthy in some way. Is his time less valuable than hers then?

• Thank You
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie and Jargo
Sometimes tardiness pays, thought Sam as he looked at his watch for the fifth time, sighing wearily. He really should have known better than to come on time at an Indian wedding.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
A dull thud and a squeak of skin sounded from the tile floor as the student flopped across the doorway into the classroom. "You're still tardy," The teacher chuckled as the bell ended ringing.

Reactions: Greenie
"You're late," he scowled. The glare of the king was only matched by my own as I stared him down.

The hero stood over the spent battlefield with a look of chagrin on his face, realizing that perhaps he'd arrived just a tad late. He knew he should've taken a faster cart-and-horse.