Two Sentence Challenge #20

K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Stumble

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Sometimes to stumble is to fall... But falling isn't always a bad thing.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Kitti
A series of obscene curses could be heard through the usually jovial Jared's window, concerning his neighbours enough that they headed over to see if everything was alright.

They were relieved (and a little disappointed) when they discovered he had merely stepped on a piece of lego and stumbled to the floor, only to land on a pile of more hellish lego.

Even though it was only for a second he had stumbled and faltered. His false facade had broken down in front of all of them.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
The man, full of sin, full of regrets, full of shame, a bloody ledger on his lap, leans down on his knees, begging for punishment. To which the priest replies with " You have stumbled but you are far from fallen."

Reactions: Kitti
The little boy ran down the sidewalk with his mother by his side, nearly falling on his face. His mother chuckled, as the boy cried and she simply replied, " It was only a stumble, that's why you should have let tie your shoes, George."

I sometimes stumble over nothing at all. Still, every single time I look back to see what it was.

(I am horribly clumsy))

United shoelaces, a stumble, and a flight of stairs. The murder mystery of the century, unlocked.

Stupendous, the stolid statistician stated within the stillness of his mind, as his startled hindbrain stampeded about while he stumbled over the stately statuary within the storied stadium. Standing there had been a stimulating magnum opus of Stig Sigurson, but it had now come to wreck this studious statistician's stability.