Two Sentence Challenge #13

K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Peaceful

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Despite all the noise and ruckus surrounding Mary, she was quite calm, peaceful even, eyes closed as if she was enjoying a nap. She sure as heck was glad she had bought the new headphones her friend had suggested!

Reactions: Kitti
She's drowning in his arms and indulging in his soul. This is the only place she feels content.

A turtle sailed across the sky, slowly and effortlessly. "Hey Daniel, it's a cloud turtle!"

Light blossomed from the woman's breast and to the amazement of the crowd, a shining figure rose from her stiff, lifeless body and into the open sky. She joined hands with her husband who had been waiting patiently for so long; at last united, the two danced joyfully among the stars.

The old monk knelt before the ornate altar, his knees creaking as he lowered himself. The gunfire and explosions were so loud now that he felt the church trembling, but within there was stillness and light as he closed his eyes to pray.

Reactions: Sumirenko and Kitti
Despite the horrors of his world, the nights of rough pleasure, the blood that coats his body after a job, and the constant worry that one day he may not return to me, I cannot help but love this man whose arms are wrapped about me. Whose embrace is more peaceful than any other I have ever experienced.

Seth kneeled in a growing pool of his own blood, unfocused eyes of blue staring at the ground as he struggled to draw another breath. A moment later he exhaled that very same breath, haggard elven features growing peaceful for once as he slipped willingly into death's embrace.

Peaceful, the house was peaceful for once in his life. It was only then that he realized that he truly hated the quiet that followed peace and wanted them all back home and not dead, sadly it realized this far too late to do anything about it, except live the rest of his life in this peaceful house.

She stood up at the crown of the hill under the darkening sky. It shook with the clouds' anger and the rain pelted her body, but all she felt was peace.

Worn out by the fight, the young priestess wandered into the back courtyard, bleeding, and she looked into the sky as she collapsed against the water fountain she had sworn to protect, marveling at the firmament above her - a kaleidoscope of clouds, mottled in pink, orange, and purple against a bright black-blue.

It's so... peaceful, she thought to herself, smiling.