Two Sentence Challenge #12

K

Kitti

It is said that brevity is the soul of wit. There is, without a doubt, a time and place for long paragraphs filled with wondrous descriptions. Other times, however, less is more. What can you create from the prompt using only two sentences?

Kaptzx.jpg

This time, the theme is:

Glowing

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
It was a cold winter's night, and her mittened hands were like ice, but Millicent Knapbracket finally managed to heave the weighted inert body of her cheating boyfriend (one of the researchers working with the phosphorescent rock samples from the newly discovered planet) over the side of the rowboat and into the dark embrace of Lake Mohawken.

Panting with exertion, she thought to herself with satisfaction, "Glowing, glowing, gone!"

Reactions: PoetLore and Kitti
"They say angels lay in seraph skies above..." whispered a voice in the confines of a flooded cave, moans of righteous chants and scents of luxurious incense filling inside.

By the end of the divine river, the Archanglo stood before the party, wings of steel unfolded to greet her children.

Tucked under the window, contented, they were happy as a light warm breeze caressed their cheeks. They finally could sleep, lulled by the crackling of the bonfire and the howl of the storm.

Last edited:
He drained from the tank like an infant from the womb - naked and gasping, squinting into blinding light. Veins glowed red through his fingers as he covered his face.

Reactions: PoetLore and Kitti
[spoili]
raiju_and_chi_by_nayaair-d8mfhtn.jpg
[/spoili]

Glowing a soft white, the little fairy set her tiny hand on the large white wolf demon, healing the many stinging wounds that were marring his muzzle.

"I should have listened to you," he muttered mournfully as he tried his best not to whimper, "I should have bought the honey rather than go after a hive!"

Six white wings unfurled, revealing her angelic form. A smile formed on her features, but her eyes were dark and gleaming.

"God exists, but she does not love you."

His long dark figure slumped back into the wooden chair. Dark red blood full of bubbles oozed its way out of the deep wound in his abdomen. Glaring down at his own impending death he coughed out the words, "You have done it. You've killed your own... father...."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
Sry
His long dark figure slumped back into the wooden chair. Dark red blood full of bubbles oozed its way out of the deep wound in his abdomen. Glaring down at his own impending death he coughed out the words, "You have done it. You've killed your own... father...."
At the time i did not see the theme.

Pouring rain fell in a torrent outside the small cabin, as inside embers of a fire slowly drifted through up through the fireplace.

The grizzled man folding a cover across his two small children did not notice, through a window behind him, the glowing eyes of the goatmen peering in, their faces reflecting hungrily in the flickering, dying light.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
As she laid upon my bed, the moonlight falling upon her alabastor skin, I found myself remembering a song she once played for me, finding myself agreeing with a lyric that had stood out to me amongst all the others; for naked bodies do look like porcelain. Especially the delicate form that slumbered next to me, skin glowing in the light of the moon.

Reactions: Kitti
He was glowing and he cursed under his breath for the unfortunate timing of his calling, it was during his final college presentation before he went on break.

Couldn't his mother have waited five more minutes?

Glowing eyes shimmered from the bush, and the man raised his gun again with a growl.

"Relax, Gerald, it's just the cat."

They watched the explosion of fireworks overhead amid the 'oohs and aahs' of the others around them. Smiling as the glow from the sparkler in their toddlers hands lit their faces, they cuddled together on the blanket enjoying another Independence Day together.

All the women in her life had always told her that when you knew, there would be this glow about your face, like some sort of magic was afoot.

She was quite sure they were mistaken, for when she looked up from that tiny urine dip stick into the Walgreens' bathroom mirror, all she could see on her face was a mixture of horror, resignation, acne, and drowsiness.