Two RP ideas based on exploring a different world

Which of these ideas are you more interested in?

• ReSet ReaLity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hello? Can You Save A Dying World?

• Neither

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CondorTalon

Original poster
ReSet ReaLity
Hello? Can You Save A Dying World?

These are two roleplay ideas that I've had for a while, both of which involve exploring a different world. They would probably both be put in the Modern Fantasy section (unless someone sees a better fit). The first one is a reboot of an RP I did on a different forum.

Plot Summary:
It is modern day Japan. Several high school students from across the country, receive an e-mail asking them to beta-test a new MMORPG/get a call on their cell phones asking them to save a dying world. Regardless of their disposition, their reaction, or their answer, if any, they will be brought to this alternate world when they next fall asleep. To escape back to their world, they have to make it to the level cap and defeat the final boss/save the world they find themselves by stopping some sort of corruption. Both RPs will be focused mainly on the story and the characters.

Inspired by Log Horizon, mainly; setting inspired partly by Dungeon Fighter Online. Action-heavy, with some horror-ish elements later on.

Inspired by Yume Nikki, Middens, OFF, and other such games. More emphasis is placed on horror and mystery than action.

Do either of these sound interesting?

Also, I realize I super summarized these, so if there any questions, feel free to ask.

Saving a dying world definitely sounds interesting. I'm a sap for unsettling horror rather than "oh so spooky ah! It jumped out!"

Sadly I never got to try the ones you mentioned, but the gist of them I understand.

The first one sounds neat. And as a fan of Log Horizon I do like it. But I think the whole "trapped in an mmo" thing is overblown with everyone wanting it to be like SAO. But I'm not going to say it wouldn't be fun if done right.

Both of these sound really good. I don't really have any questions right now, but I might think of some.

Both of these are rather interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.