Two Ideas {Zodiac Masters & Fused Minds}

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amber Sky

Original poster
This thread has two ideas: Zodiac Masters {Fantasy, Sightly Anime-Based} & Fused Minds {Sci-Fi, Apocalyptic}. If there is enough interest I might do both, though I do plan to just do one. c: Zodiac Masters is the much better thought-out one, but if people are interested in Fused Minds I'd be more than happy to flesh that out a bit as well. Both will most likely be adept-level roleplays.

This is slightly based off of the Fate/Stay Night anime. No prior knowledge of the anime is required in the slightest. Also, the zodiac referenced is the Chinese version.
[fieldbox="Zodiac Masters, black, solid"]In the land of Jian, there are twelve main families that preside over the land. Each full-blood member of each family has the ability to summon the spirit of their respective house symbols; those of the twelve animals of the zodiac. The spirits, after being summoned, have a permanent tie to their master. If the master dies, they are returned to the spirit world - however, if the spirit dies, the master lives on. Spirits can take both their animal form or a humanoid form.

Each century one representative from each family is sent to compete in what is called the 'Zodiac War'. This war establishes the calender for the next one-hundred years; the winner of the battle, the last one with a spirit standing, claims the first month for their family. It is an extremely prestigious honor, and is a symbol of power to the family that receives it.

During the 'Zodiac Wars', participants are expected to summon their family's animal spirit and use them to battle the other families' representatives. Each spirit has unique powers that their master can utilize, though depend on their master's mental strength in order to be able to conduct them. For example, it is unlikely that a weary and tired master would be able to have their spirit to execute a powerful spell. In addition, if the master's health starts to fall, the spirit they summoned will begin to become 'transparent'/less powerful.[/fieldbox]
Animal - Spirit power, the weapon that the spirit (when in humanoid form) is skilled with. The family's allies, the family's rivals/enemies. *Note: These are not set in stone. You are more than welcome to help brainstorm abilities and weapon specialties!

Rat - Able to multiply itself, skilled small-knife user. The family is in good relations with the Dragon, Rabbit and Ox families however is in bad graces with the Goat, Horse and Rooster families.

Ox - Able to manipulate it's size, skilled ax user. The family is in good relations with the Rat, Snake and Rooster families but in bad graces with the Dragon, Horse, Goat, Dog and Rabbit families.

Tiger - Able to create illusions, skilled sabre user. The family is in good relations with the Horse and Dog families however is in bad graces with the Snake and Monkey families.

Rabbit - Able to summon 'super speed', skilled rapier user. The family is in good relations with the Goat, Dog, Rat and Pig families however is in bad graces with the Ox, Dragon, Rooster and Horse families.

Dragon - Able to blow fire, skilled staff user. The family is in good relations with the Rat, Monkey and Rooster families however is in bad graces with the Dog, Ox and Rabbit families (note: some members of the dragon family are at odds with each other).

Snake - Able to shape-shift into other lifeforms (note: the eyes of the spirit stay the same which is the main indicator if you are dealing with an impostor), skilled glaive user. The family is in good relations with the Ox and Rooster families however is in bad graces with the Tiger, Monkey and Pig families.

Horse - Able to animate inanimate objects, skilled whip user. The family is in good relations with the Tiger, Goat and Dog families however is in bad graces with the Rat, Ox and Rabbit families (note: some members of the horse family are at odds with each other).

Goat - Able to manipulate emotions, skilled lance user. The family is in good relations with the Rabbit, Horse and Pig families however is in bad graces with the Rat, Ox and Dog families.

Monkey - Able to hypnotize other spirits, skilled halberd user. The family is in good relations with the Rat and Dragon families however is in bad graces with the Tiger, Snake and Pig families.

Rooster - Able to see glimpses of the future, skilled bow user. The family is in good relations with the Ox, Dragon and Snake families however is in bad graces with the Rabbit, Chicken and Dog families.

Dog - Able to assess people's (generalized) intentions, skilled war hammer user. The family is in good relations with the Tiger, Rabbit and Horse families however is in bad graces with Ox, Dragon, Goat and Rooster families.

Pig - Able to drain the energy of other masters, skilled scythe user. The family is in good relations with the Goat and Rabbit families however is in bad graces with the Snake, Pig and Monkey families.
[fieldbox="Fused Minds, black, solid"]Year 2024
An explosion has wiped out the majority of the human race. At the blast everybody seemingly was evaporated, leaving all the constructs and building behind. The disaster was created by an unknown cause and stretched worldwide. Survivors were few and far between, and after being left with nothing but themselves and their thoughts they realized that they weren't alone in their minds any longer.

Instead, it seemed as if another person was taking up the mental space with them... And, in the case of Cole Katzman, this presence introduced itself as 'the Mad Hatter'. Will the survivors, and the fictional characters now in their minds, be able to find out what caused the explosion?[/fieldbox]
That was a very hastily thought up introduction. Basically there was a blast, and most humans simply disappeared. The survivors had fictional characters fused into their minds - the example I used was the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. Fictional characters are allowed to be anything text-based, though that's extendable if you guys want to have movie characters. Fictional characters can communicate with their 'carriers' but not anybody else. If the carrier is weak-minded the fictional character can also take over the carrier's body.

If you try not to focus too much about the logistics of turning fictional characters into sentient beings I'm sure we'll be fine. xD I will play the antagonist (the cause of the blast) once they are discovered, though I'm hoping that'll take a little while since I haven't got much of an idea regarding them yet haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
SUPER INTERESTED IN THE ZODIAC ONE!! The Apoco one is cool too. Have you considered fusing them together? A post apoco- zodiac deathmatch!!!!!

Interested in the Zodiac one.

Oh that's awesome! I'm actually GMing a Zodiac RP. I love this!
I just wanted to stop by and say how much I love your idea. :)

I'm SUPER interested in the Zodiac idea (seeing as I couldn't squeeze my way into CC's in time :x (@Commander Cheesecake) - if it gets off the ground, I'd adore having the position of the Dragon ^^ or, it's master respectively :)

It sounds like there is a lot of interest for the zodiac one, I'll start working on the OOC once I get home from school today. c:

@Tokusentai I hadn't thought of a fusion actually. What did you have in mind? :)

@Commander Cheesecake I know! :D I was going to join but then I wanted to GM my own RP. xD But I've been keeping my eye on yours. ;)

Reactions: Ali
It sounds like there is a lot of interest for the zodiac one, I'll start working on the OOC once I get home from school today. c:

@Tokusentai I hadn't thought of a fusion actually. What did you have in mind? :)

@Commander Cheesecake I know! :D I was going to join but then I wanted to GM my own RP. xD But I've been keeping my eye on yours. ;)
How about... An explosion whipes out most of the world, and the remaining survivors(perhapse the remains of Asia or anoth large landmass) club together, and, with fiction characters in their minds(due to radiation?) and memories of the previous spirit wars, try to summon their animals one final time to settle disagreement in the new world and claim not only the month, but control of the survivors? It's just an idea, but I can wait for the Zodiac OOC

Hmm. I'm just afraid that it would be too much stuff going on, and that sounds like a pretty weird combination of ideas. xD For the Zodiac one I was thinking of a slightly less tech-based world, not quite medieval but definitely not modern times (otherwise competition would be pretty easily eliminated through gunfire haha).

The OOC is here! I pinged everybody there as well. c:

Reactions: Ali
Status
Not open for further replies.